• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Official] Coming Soon™

An official request, or post by staff acting with authority.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Since old Roadmap thread is locked and buried, I thought I'll make a Coming Soon thread to notify you guys sporadically when I'm planning to add new shit to WF.

You can discuss and share your thoughts about the ideas coming soon and in consideration, but if you use this thread to submit general suggestions you will be straight up warned or banned. Use Suggestions for general suggestions.

Coming Soon​

• -

In Consideration​

• I am thinking of scrapping the Occult Q&A section and replacing it with a [Question] prefix
    • Why?
      • I see this question being used for discussion type threads
      • Literally no one has ever marked an answer as "accepted solution" ever, except me
      • Bit of an overlap – all the other sections are divided by "subject" and this section is more of a "format" division
    • Why not?
      • Might be a pain to move stuff out into correct categories
      • Not sure if people will be happy without the Q&A answer voting system, even though barely anyone has used it up to now
      • If so, not sure if I will be able to maintain those thread type features when moving to a prefix based system
  • Adding a new section called "Diaries" or "Expression" or potentially renaming "Arts" to allow for such content
    • Why?
      • Reduce amount of non-occult/personal expression/incoherent gibberish in the Occult Journals section
    • Why not?
      • TWO journal type sections? Really?
      • Don't want too many sections in The Tavern to detract from the main purpose of the forum: Occult Discussion

Done / Cancelled​

• A new section called 'Fringe Theories, Personal Diaries, and Controversial Views' – This section will be a bit of a catch-all when it comes to topics the average member has no interest in viewing. I've done my best to name this section in a way that neither condones nor condemns the content posted within, but makes it clear that what's posted inside may be quite offensive, unwanted, unpopular etc.
    • I want to create this section for the following reasons:
      • To keep the lounge light-hearted, and welcoming to all, and not just a cesspit
      • To differentiate and segregate true occult journals vs just gibberish braindumps
      • To keep the politics section more accessible to sensitive users, so that they can discuss more common and popular political topics without being subject to content that will make them rage super hard or butthurt
    • I suspect most people who's posts belong there will not have the self-awareness to willingly post there so:
      • Mods can move posts there if they deem something would only fit in that section
      • I will move a bunch of topics currently in the Journals section that are more or less "personal diaries"
      • I will also move some threads from the politics section and lounge there
    • Key notes:
      • Threads here will not appear on the sidebar. Maybe not even in 'New Posts'
      • Post count and post reactions may be disabled here
      • The rules of the forum still apply here
  • Staff Member role will be renamed to 'Moderator' – It's a bit confusing as both 'Librarians' and 'Jr/Sr Staff Members' show up as 'Staff Member'. I think 'Staff Member' is good as an overarching category for everyone who has any sort of moderation powers, but I want there to be a clear distinction between Global Moderators and Librarians.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
'Fringe Theories, Personal Diaries, and Controversial Views'
Not trying to nitpick-as I do think it is more appropriate to put "fringe theories" there too-but wouldn't "controversial views" kind of already fill that role since most fringe theories do seem to thread on controversial views already?

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Not trying to nitpick-as I do think it is more appropriate to put "fringe theories" there too-but wouldn't "controversial views" kind of already fill that role since most fringe theories do seem to thread on controversial views already?
Hmm yeah, perhaps I will have to think again about the wording... Though I am more concerned about it covering all potential topics that might go in it, than being redundant.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this way some people will believe their not-so-super-welcome ramblings are just fringe theories. I think it works 🤘

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this way some people will believe their not-so-super-welcome ramblings are just fringe theories. I think it works 🤘
Hahah I'm pretty sure you and @HoldAll would love this section to be called "Dumb shit sewage káká gibberish"

But I still want to be neutral about it.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hahah I'm pretty sure you and @HoldAll would love this section to be called "Dumb shit sewage káká gibberish"

But I still want to be neutral about it.
You are right, of course, naming this section "The Rubbish Bin" ("Loony Bin"? Ok, ok, ok...) would be a form of ostracism, deserved or not.

Aeternus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
@SkullTraill I personally agree with the "Coming Soon" ideas you have for the forum.

It's nice to hear that se finally get the chance, more like will get the chance to see real occult journal like @Diluculo_DelFuego The Journal of The Day and Night, The Sun and The Moon, or the Druid's Way journal by @Romolo .

I am glad to see the forums improving even more.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
A new section called 'Fringe Theories, Personal Diaries, and Controversial Views' – This section will be a bit of a catch-all when it comes to topics the average member has no interest in viewing. I've done my best to name this section in a way that neither condones nor condemns the content posted within, but makes it clear that what's posted inside may be quite offensive, unwanted, unpopular etc.
  • I want to create this section for the following reasons:
    • To keep the lounge light-hearted, and welcoming to all, and not just a cesspit
    • To differentiate and segregate true occult journals vs just gibberish braindumps
    • To keep the politics section more accessible to sensitive users, so that they can discuss more common and popular political topics without being subject to content that will make them rage super hard or butthurt
  • I suspect most people who's posts belong there will not have the self-awareness to willingly post there so:
    • Mods can move posts there if they deem something would only fit in that section
    • I will move a bunch of topics currently in the Journals section that are more or less "personal diaries"
    • I will also move some threads from the politics section and lounge there
  • Key notes:
    • Threads here will not appear on the sidebar. Maybe not even in 'New Posts'
    • Post count and post reactions may be disabled here
    • The rules of the forum still apply here
Ended up going with the title "Controversy" to match with the single-word titles of other forums in The Tavern. This necessarily excludes the "Personal Diaries" aspect, which I will re-add to "In Consideration" and think about implementing as a separate section called "Diaries".

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Adding a new section called "Diaries" or "Expression" or potentially renaming "Arts" to allow for such content
  • Why?
    • Reduce amount of non-occult/personal expression/incoherent gibberish in the Occult Journals section
  • Why not?
    • TWO journal type sections? Really?
    • Don't want too many sections in The Tavern to detract from the main purpose of the forum: Occult Discussion
Added to 'In Consideration'

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Staff Member role will be renamed to 'Moderator' – It's a bit confusing as both 'Librarians' and 'Jr/Sr Staff Members' show up as 'Staff Member'. I think 'Staff Member' is good as an overarching category for everyone who has any sort of moderation powers, but I want there to be a clear distinction between Global Moderators and Librarians.
Done. Naming convention: Sentinel.