Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A General Overview of Psionics
12-22-2016, 07:31 AM
I initially took down this posting a few days ago, but have revised it hoping it will not be so inflammatory and would like to share here.

Purpose: To provide a short outline of psionics and its practices.

My own background: I was active in the psi community from 2001 to 2009. Much of my practice and beliefs at that time followed Anka's school of thought. For that reason, I will mainly focus on Anka's view of psi. I don't consider myself an expert in any way, just a former student who likes to reminisce.

There are several branches of psionics, and each tends to carry with it a set of assumptions about the nature of psychism along with the best training approach. Although I now practice a different system, I still think fondly of my time in the psi community. Much of that community died off some years ago, which I think has led users to more general magic-related forums like this one, myself included.

What is psionics: There are many views on what psionics is. The answer you receive will depend on who you ask.

In Anka's school of thought, psi is viewed as a specific energy type generated by the body's nervous system. While our bodies generate other types of energy, psi is most closely associated with psychic abilities. This is different from naturally occurring energy sources such as a ley line. By harnessing our body's own reserve of psi, we can tap into and hone our ability to sense and manipulate energy.

How does psionics differ from a more traditional approach to magic:

From the perspective of Anka's psionics, the primary difference is that it does not focus on manipulating event outcomes. Where in other systems one might cast a spell to help find a job, help to find love, etc., the psion in this tradition will typically not employ their abilities for this purpose. Instead, they are almost exclusively interested in increasing their own generation of psi and in harnessing psychic abilities.

Psionics is not focused on morality or self-improvement; it is not attached to any overall theme of how one should act. An old community narrative of psionics would liken the system to a knife: it is a tool like any other, nothing more.

There is also a tendency in psionics to claim it is not magic, but a self-contained system in itself. I tend to disagree with this sentiment however, and instead identify it as a subset of chaos magic. There are also no prescribed beliefs for the system: they tend to only focus on specific exercises and techniques to manipulate psi.

Focuses of psionics:

The focus of different branches of psionics vary. In this tradition however, the primary focus of daily practice is on charging. A concept already well-known to many, the idea is to generate as much psi as possible within different nerve clusters throughout the body. Over time, the amount of psi naturally occurring in the body will increase.

Another focus in on shielding, which in this particular paradigm is considered essential and should be maintained at all times. The idea of maintaining constant shields is a contentious topic among the various schools of thought in psionics. Nonetheless, by increasing your reserves of psi you become more sensitive to energetic input from others. One example is seen in highly empathic psions using thick sets of shielding to prevent unwanted input in crowded places.

Further, as someone within increased energy levels for casting you become more interesting to discarnate spirits. Maintaining a shield is a last line of defense from that perspective. Combat is also a core focus among Anka's psionics, although I won't touch on that here.

Lastly, a cornerstone of this system is sensing. Empathic, telepathic, and precognitive exercises are often practiced. These abilities may also come about naturally in the course of learning to manipulate psi, and can be honed further.

Psions will also utilize sensing to observe psychic constructs, which includes spellwork completed by others. In scanning a construct, they can discern its qualities and analyze it. “Blind scanning” is a common practice among psion groups, where one person will have one or more people scan a construct without telling them what it is for. The person scanning will give their impressions to help verify that the psion's construct does what they intended. This can also be used help improve a construct design. Depending on the group, there is much time spent on this practice.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2017, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 10:43 AM by xannie.)
(01-14-2017 04:07 PM)Todd11223344 Wrote:  Have you used the law of energy attraction?

Anka's psionics tends to shy away from new age type energy work. Additionally, this branch of psi does not normally deal with controlling event outcomes (such as to help get a job, etc.).

From a new age perspective, one approach for this would be to use positive thinking and intend for this to help influence your desired outcome.

From the psion's perspective, you might use empathic and telepathic projection to help influence your interviewer. You might also cast a shield to project a certain emotion to help control the impression you give to others. Anka also uses a kind of ward to help draw something in rather than repel, although this too tends to be for very specific outcomes rather than broad ones.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
01-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Hello im new to the forum looking for someones who good at scanning to validate my energy manipulation and constructs
01-17-2017, 07:49 AM
(01-17-2017 07:35 AM)Walkinslience300 Wrote:  Hello im new to the forum looking for someones who good at scanning to validate my energy manipulation and constructs

Is that you in the Avatar?
01-17-2017, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2017 08:11 AM by Greendragonwolfkin.)
Psionics is something I'm extremely interested in!!! I'm hoping this thread gets more activity going on!

I'm crazy, getting crazier.. Trying to figure out how things work and what's possible.Wink
01-17-2017, 10:49 AM
(01-17-2017 07:35 AM)Walkinslience300 Wrote:  Hello im new to the forum looking for someones who good at scanning to validate my energy manipulation and constructs

I can do blind scans if you pm me. This is still a regular practice I use.

03-08-2017, 04:40 AM
I'm really surprised this thread doesn't haven't more activity

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Please share the knowledge you hold, I find it interesting and I want to learn what I can of it to adapt into my repertoire of magickal skills.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Chaos Wizard
I <3 Edgy Fucking Wizards!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Great post.

"If y'all muthufuckas asked a spirit for some shit, y'all better give some shit back or da spirit gon' haunt y'all lil ass B." -Albert Einstein
03-15-2017, 01:34 PM
I came across a few pscionic forum threads a few years ago when I first started getting into metaphysics. What system or guide is available to help people exert influence if it can't be used for spell casting, or can it? I read that bioelectricity was considered "witch power". Is this the same thing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are Psionics, and can sigils be involved? Vortex Fortitude 5 200 05-18-2017 01:21 PM
Last Post: Vortex Fortitude
  A Rough Outline of Psionics xannie 4 313 12-18-2016 05:45 PM
Last Post: xannie
  General Healing Shadow 10 1,423 07-01-2014 04:07 AM
Last Post: Angeluz
  Psionics - experiences and thoughts - is it worth time? dellamage 17 2,074 11-21-2013 04:53 AM
Last Post: Karma
  The psionics communities dannerz 5 902 08-22-2013 05:56 AM
Last Post: dannerz