Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A General Overview of Psionics
03-15-2017, 03:14 PM
(03-15-2017 01:34 PM)Rubygirl Wrote:  What system or guide is available to help people exert influence if it can't be used for spell casting, or can it?

Micro-pk is the psionic equivalent to manipulate an event outcome, similar to spell casting. If you are interesting in this, I would search for micro-pk.

There are several different branches of psionics that were popular in the late 90's and early 2000's. My main exposure is to Anka's psionics, which did not focus much on micro-pk. So the answer is that yes it can, but the approach will vary widely depending on which system you approach the issue from.

From Anka's perspective, you could create a ball of energy made of psi (energy of a certain frequency generated by your body, you do not tap into external power sources), and then program it to draw in your intended result.

(03-15-2017 01:34 PM)Rubygirl Wrote:  I read that bioelectricity was considered "witch power". Is this the same thing?

I do not think that bioelectricity is a common term in the psi communities, so I am not sure what that person means. If I had an opportunity, I would ask them to produce an energy ball using that energy source for me to scan to see if I could identify it as something using my own terminology.

I'm sorry, I am sure that answer is not very helpful. My observation is that magicians tend to wield a number of different types of energies: some may be internally generated, but it may also be from an external power source (a ley line in nature, a star, power granted by a deity, the options are myriad).

Anka's branch of psionics tries to eliminate the use of all other power sources to hone your ability to use one energy type: psi. In doing so, you can improve your proficiency in psychic abilities and energy manipulation. Psions of this branch argue that you can do everything with this one energy type as with the others, and that by selecting this focus you can master psi work.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are Psionics, and can sigils be involved? Vortex Fortitude 6 215 Today 04:37 AM
Last Post: KaptainKaos
  A Rough Outline of Psionics xannie 4 316 12-18-2016 05:45 PM
Last Post: xannie
  General Healing Shadow 10 1,424 07-01-2014 04:07 AM
Last Post: Angeluz
  Psionics - experiences and thoughts - is it worth time? dellamage 17 2,092 11-21-2013 04:53 AM
Last Post: Karma
  The psionics communities dannerz 5 904 08-22-2013 05:56 AM
Last Post: dannerz