Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Rough Outline of Psionics
12-18-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 10:52 PM by xannie.)
Deleted

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2016, 02:36 PM
I can tell you from personal experience that Dynamic Psi is a lot more than a thought experiment. It is an extremely pragmatic approach to the development of ones Psyche and Psychic Faculties, and I personally got a lot more out of it than I did from Anka's prescribed training. Not only from overall results, but in how quickly certain skills were acquired.

~:Shin:~

12-18-2016, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 10:52 PM by xannie.)
deleted

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
12-18-2016, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 04:50 PM by Shinichi.)
Anka didn't give me anything, but I have spoken with some of the people who embrace his methods and we've compared notes. I've also read Winged Wolf's work and used to be an active member of her forums, and as I recall, she was a direct student of Anka. So I'm fairly familiar with Anka's school of thought.

Dynamic Psi also isn't entirely taught publicly, though most of the beginner information is available on Kobok's forums and one of Kobok's students, Kettle, has posted some interesting articles on their forums in recent years. The thing to understand about Dynamic Psi is that it's rooted in Kobok's Parapsychology background, and so it does not approach Psi as a system of energy work because that is not how Parapsychology approaches Psi. This is why Dynamic Psi looks so different from Anka's system or Skywind's writings from back in the day, but it is no less effective.

For those who don't already have a talent that simply needs to be brought under control, Dynamic Psi is probably (and from what I've observed of its students over the years, usually) more effective because it starts with training the Psyche to be more disciplined and stronger (Focal Meditation, sensing the Psyche / "Soul"), then applying that strength to different skills (Kinesis, Scanning, Constructs). This is naturally different than focusing on training different psychic skills (Charging, Shielding, Scanning), and having the Psyche be developed from that. The efficiency of the two approaches is usually up for debate, but generally, the average person will benefit more from doing calisthenics before trying to learn the roundhouse kick.

~:Shin:~

12-18-2016, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 10:53 PM by xannie.)
deleted

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A General Overview of Psionics xannie 6 182 01-17-2017 10:49 AM
Last Post: xannie
  Psionics - experiences and thoughts - is it worth time? dellamage 17 1,616 11-21-2013 04:53 AM
Last Post: Karma
  The psionics communities dannerz 5 722 08-22-2013 05:56 AM
Last Post: dannerz