Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Astral Projection - ALMOST! I think?
06-19-2017, 11:59 PM
Today was almost my first conscious OBE, however, at the end of the day it was a failure and I'm uncertain as to why. I woke up early in the morning after about 3 hours of sleep and decided that this a great opportunity to try my first astral projection. After about an hour of being awake I proceeded to lay down, relax my body and then began performing the Rope Climbing Technique. As time passed my heart started beating what felt like a million beats per second which coincided with a feeling that my consciousness was losing more and more awareness of my body. And then nothing! I stayed in this state for what seemed like 5 minutes all the while continuing to visualize and 'feel' myself climbing an imaginary rope. I was also trying to visualize myself leaving my body or floating away in some capacity. Any thoughts on what I should of done differently?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2017, 06:18 AM
Please search through the threads on OBE/ AP, there are some forum members who have made some seriously good threads on this topic, such as this one http://wizardforums.com/Thread-Quick-tip...rojection, or you can read my posts as well and just get an idea of what you need to do from your side.
06-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Yes, @Angelo has got a good thread on AP try it out.
07-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Why was your heart beating so fast? Were you scared? Be honest with yourself.

Believing is seeing is believing.
07-01-2017, 03:28 PM
(07-01-2017 01:30 PM)toddvtx1300 Wrote:  Why was your heart beating so fast? Were you scared? Be honest with yourself.

Really? Almost every tutorial I've read has stated this as a common side effect. Robert Bruce claims that this is isn't actually your physical heart but your heart chakra.
07-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Hmmm I didn't experience that when I astral projected. Just wondered if fear hindered you. Smiling no offense

Believing is seeing is believing.
07-13-2017, 02:54 AM
Your heart beating fast being fear is a good observation. Every single astral projection experience I've had has also induced extremely loud and rapid heart beating. My very first astral projection started by the sensation of rocking back and forth in my bed, going completely numb and almost getting a floaty feeling, and then my body started feeling like it was spinning uncontrollably and falling into infinite space. That was wild. I remember going to school the next day without a care in the world. Sure, Robert Bruce does say it's the heart chakra but not everyone experiences that heart beating feeling so it could be fear.. But then again it does not feel anything like a normal heart beat so who knows!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quick tips about astral projection Angelo 131 13,632 07-11-2017 07:46 AM
Last Post: Duf
  Guided Astral Aerobics Meditation jcolanzi 0 164 05-20-2017 01:50 AM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  Astral Travel And Lucid Dreaming jcolanzi 4 351 05-10-2017 06:54 AM
Last Post: Riva626
  Spontaneous OBEs/Astral beings? illuminaughty 2 281 02-23-2017 04:27 PM
Last Post: illuminaughty
  Developing my astral senses & meditation skills Armaros 17 1,315 01-24-2017 01:51 PM
Last Post: M8ter