Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authority
11-11-2017, 01:22 AM
@Homicide A timeless truth cannot be said to be ones own. We can embody and express in the same sense as how we ingest and respirate,

if i invent something i think as universal and timeless truth, and get same tought coming for several sources after it, i call i self observed universal truth which cannot be questioned. what is wrong of owning truths ?
lets say you incarnate here once 100 years to remind yourself of things you have learned past 6000 years, you know, you know ahem... everything, you just wont remember them when you reborn, right ?

Prince of Earth - You know my postcode

"It's funny that people spend their whole lives trying to find truth, yet they wont take it from me" - Satan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 07:56 AM
It's not a moral or ethical problem, it's just that truths are subject to Speech Acts, they are performative - which means they can't be possessed, but they can be exercised for want if better language.

If you speak something that is invented, it is not timeless, eternal and unconditional. You can have a moment of recogmition of a truth, what Plato would call mimesis, but this does not mean the truth belongs to you, truth is both dependent and independent.

Can you give me an example of a Signified truth? As in, one where all questions stop, meaning comes to a terminus, the absolute aufhenbung?

11-11-2017, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 08:46 AM by Homicide.)
as earthlings, nothing new under the sun would be signified truth..

for example.

EDIT: IM READING FOR LONG TIME, I HAVE BEEN BUSY IN OTHER THINGS, BUT LOOK THIS AS SIGNIFIED UNIVERSAL TRUTH TOO

His/her words will change ideas if spoken well. People will begin to agree and it becomes reality.
All larger motivations begin with one step. - MICHAEL W FORD

Prince of Earth - You know my postcode

"It's funny that people spend their whole lives trying to find truth, yet they wont take it from me" - Satan