Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awards questions
04-10-2016, 12:43 AM
What's the story with the awards ? Who has the power to give awards? Why aren't awards being distributed anymore?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 03:43 AM
Only me. We haven't given out awards in a while. Years perhaps. We don't give them out anymore because the forum isn't what it used to be. In our early days we were flush with activity. People were actually discussing and sharing knowledge. Now days all we have are people who join to ask a question or two and then leave or people who join and post their experiences and get torn to shreds because a few members don't agree with their experience. Neither of those things is worthy of an award.

However, if you feel someone has done something worthy of an award please let me know and I will review the posts and determine if it's award worthy.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2016, 04:58 AM
That's understandable.
04-10-2016, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 07:02 AM by Anthony Arcanum.)
Gimmie a Damn award :)Lol
Just kidding by the way.

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
04-10-2016, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 12:17 PM by darangal.)
(04-10-2016 12:43 AM)A LEADER Wrote:  What's the story with the awards ? Who has the power to give awards? Why aren't awards being distributed anymore?

(04-10-2016 07:01 AM)Magickinqu Wrote:  Gimmie a Damn award :)Lol
Just kidding by the way.

This issue was addressed by TGK, Crow, Euoi (I think), myself, Sevarn, Shadow, Svarog, Fronin, faust, HenochiusSimon, Archae, and Numb in a group known as the award committee which was disbanded for inactivity.
Check the groups section.

You can always ask TGK for an award, unfortunately that action will very likely prevent you from ever getting one so I suggest a similar approach where you gather a bunch of members with decent rep throw em' into a thread vote on nominations and message the nominations over to the admin(s). You could also do something similar in an IRC if you don't want to evaluate WF members publicly.

You're a staff member, stay active and chances are you'll get an award eventually anyways.

PS: kinqu, keep on keepin on Mider still doesn't have any swag and he's got more rep than a barn has horseshit.

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]
04-10-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 08:22 PM by Mider2009.)
I've always had more swag then most members here including you son, I also do my part to help this forum out, maybe you should try doing the same Wink

There are still a few members here who deserve awards here like TWF, Feywer, orismen, Fouchet.

The fact that there's so much bullshit on this forum like threads about fake moon landings, a flat earth, certain mentally unhealthy members, scammers, fantasy warriors who say they summon up and kill angels and gods running awards committees with their cronies, newbs with no basic foundations, etc kind of makes it hard for the place to be taken seriously.

When I got here it was full of pretty experienced members but that number has dwindled. The reason for that is because adepts have no interest in reading the above nonsense. I know because they told me they aren't interested. And nobody serious is gonna read that and go HMMM THIS LOOKS LIKE A PLACE I WANNA STAY!
04-10-2016, 10:03 PM
(04-10-2016 12:16 PM)darangal Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 12:43 AM)A LEADER Wrote:  What's the story with the awards ? Who has the power to give awards? Why aren't awards being distributed anymore?

(04-10-2016 07:01 AM)Magickinqu Wrote:  Gimmie a Damn award :)Lol
Just kidding by the way.

This issue was addressed by TGK, Crow, Euoi (I think), myself, Sevarn, Shadow, Svarog, Fronin, faust, HenochiusSimon, Archae, and Numb in a group known as the award committee which was disbanded for inactivity.
Check the groups section.

You can always ask TGK for an award, unfortunately that action will very likely prevent you from ever getting one so I suggest a similar approach where you gather a bunch of members with decent rep throw em' into a thread vote on nominations and message the nominations over to the admin(s). You could also do something similar in an IRC if you don't want to evaluate WF members publicly.

You're a staff member, stay active and chances are you'll get an award eventually anyways.

PS: kinqu, keep on keepin on Mider still doesn't have any swag and he's got more rep than a barn has horseshit.
I was totally joking, I would never ask for an award,what's the point of getting one then?That's like when Michael Jackson offered the Queen 20 million to be knighted,not only was he rejected I think she stopped giving Americans the Honorary knighthood for entertainment all together, I think Steven Speilberg was the last one.

To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
04-11-2016, 03:48 AM
(04-10-2016 10:03 PM)Magickinqu Wrote:  I was totally joking, I would never ask for an award,what's the point of getting one then?That's like when Michael Jackson offered the Queen 20 million to be knighted,not only was he rejected I think she stopped giving Americans the Honorary knighthood for entertainment all together, I think Steven Speilberg was the last one.

Side note: As a HUGE MJ fan who knows nearly everything about him from at least 1982 until his death.....I've never heard this. So I checked and I can't seem to find the story from a legitimate news source. It's all gossip magazines, blogs and sites. They claim to reference Access Hollywood but if you search through AH's archives, you won't find any mention of this.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
04-11-2016, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 04:49 AM by darangal.)
*shwag, my bad it's a weird word

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]
04-11-2016, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 07:24 AM by Anthony Arcanum.)
(04-11-2016 03:48 AM)The God-King Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 10:03 PM)Magickinqu Wrote:  I was totally joking, I would never ask for an award,what's the point of getting one then?That's like when Michael Jackson offered the Queen 20 million to be knighted,not only was he rejected I think she stopped giving Americans the Honorary knighthood for entertainment all together, I think Steven Speilberg was the last one.

Side note: As a HUGE MJ fan who knows nearly everything about him from at least 1982 until his death.....I've never heard this. So I checked and I can't seem to find the story from a legitimate news source. It's all gossip magazines, blogs and sites. They claim to reference Access Hollywood but if you search through AH's archives, you won't find any mention of this.

I wouldn't even know where to look, I remember it when it was actually news It was after charges knocked him down the first time.

I was a huge MJ fan my whole life
I remember my mom and I would listen to the Thriller Record when it first came out, I watched him turn from a young black male into an old white female right before my eyes...I remember Bubbles tje monkey, Webster and Blanket, lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New awards darangal 0 193 07-01-2017 10:07 AM
Last Post: darangal
  MOTM System - Questions, Thoughts, Suggestions Harvey 12 1,985 03-23-2015 01:43 PM
Last Post: Harvey
  Questions & Contributions darangal 2 683 10-23-2014 05:02 AM
Last Post: The God-King
  Curious on how awards work darangal 11 1,440 08-06-2014 08:44 PM
Last Post: The God-King
  Referrals, Awards, and General Update xtinguish 18 2,189 01-16-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: Grin