Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babylonian Sacred Words Of Power
01-12-2017, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 06:22 AM by XXTh3ButcherXX.)
Hey all! Has anyone ever practiced anything out of this book? If so,your results?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 06:36 AM by Vitki.)
Ancient or foreign words/ symbols/etc have very little power for someone who does not completely understand them.

If you are calling on a deity or spirit that you dont geuinely believe in, know the attributes and cultural teachings, etc on then that spirit will most likely not ever hear you

If i gave you a set of symbols completely foreign to you you could not draw power from them.

"It is the power that has the symbol, not the symbol that has the power" - daniel updike

You would be more powerful to use the images and spirits from your culture than trying to use something entirely foreign to you
01-12-2017, 11:14 AM
(01-12-2017 06:36 AM)Vitki Wrote:  Ancient or foreign words/ symbols/etc have very little power for someone who does not completely understand them.
If it is a mantra, in my view, there is no problem as for that...

If an ancient language has not much power, so, in this case, the sanscrit language does not have indeed..

By honor to G.A.D.U..!!
01-12-2017, 04:21 PM
So you are saying sanscrit is not a powerful language?

That aside, without knowing the deep details of the words and symbols etc you are using you wont be able to genuinrly call on any thing or power.
01-12-2017, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 04:24 PM by Feywer96.)
(01-12-2017 04:21 PM)Vitki Wrote:  That aside, without knowing the deep details of the words and symbols etc you are using you wont be able to genuinrly call on any thing or power.

That's true. I was going to say Tounge

"Don't most people understand what mantra they are repeating?" ;P If not there's something hollow about it lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2017, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 06:57 AM by Hagen Van Horne.)
I personally never use anything I can't read or understand, or even pronounce, as I just can't seem to fathom why anyone would ever want to use anything they cannot comprehend the meaning (and thus possible implications) of.

In my point of view this goes for everything, basically, but especially for anything intended for magical use, it would be just something like unleashing the Power of Unclear or Vague, at random and at best. LOL

I mean, really, like, most seem to agree magic is about focused will and intention and all, or whatever, so why the hell would anyone sane like to swirl about into the world with force something they're not sure of?

Alakazammy, stairheid rammy!

Awake becomes
what once was known,
forgetfulness is fleeting.
01-13-2017, 06:46 AM
(01-13-2017 06:37 AM)Hagen Van Horne Wrote:  Alakazammy, stairheid rammy!

Good post!
and lol that last bit xD
01-13-2017, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 06:54 AM by Hagen Van Horne.)
(01-13-2017 06:46 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  
(01-13-2017 06:37 AM)Hagen Van Horne Wrote:  Alakazammy, stairheid rammy!

Good post!
and lol that last bit xD

Thanks, Feywer, the last bit is a quote from the Christopher Brookmyre satirical crime novel The Sacred Art Of Stealing, one of my most beloved books ever.

Awake becomes
what once was known,
forgetfulness is fleeting.
01-13-2017, 08:14 AM
I'll go ahead and put on the horns and play Devil's Advocate here.

One thing to think about is the nature of sound and the concept of barbarous names or voces magicae prevalent in ancient texts such as the magical papyri. Here we see an attempt by the scribes to preserve the sounds of magical words and names over their explicit meaning. Thus instead of translating the words into Greek from Egyptian, Babylonian/Assyrian, Hebrew, etc., they transcribed the sounds into phonetic strings of letters to capture the sounds produced. Additionally, you have the instances of vowel strings (IΑΩ, AEHIOYΩ, etc) or incantations of popping, hissing, and humming sounds that may have been originally intended to replicate natural sounds (i.e water/wind rushing, animal sounds; etc) and that never had any "meaning" in the literal sense. Frequencies of sound are literally waves of vibrating energy and thus can have a very tangible physical, mental, and magical effect.

The implication here is that the spirits responds to vibratory nature of the sounds themselves regardless of the translated meaning. This is a heavy animistic world view in that spirituality not only exists in specific objects in nature, but also in less tangible things such as sound itself. Another example would be Tuvan throat singing and the use of vocables in Native American spirit songs. I've also worked with Yatiri in Bolivia and Peru who guided by spirit-contact and inspiration uncover the songs of specific spirits; these songs are "barbarous" in that they simply have no translation but are formulae to literally call forth the spirits.

01-13-2017, 09:10 AM
without going too much into how my grandpa taught me to summon. i will tell you that it is more important to know the details of what you are calling than the actual names itself. when you are calling on a spirit across literal dimensions, it isnt a soundwave hitting them. your intentions/will/skill level are calling out to them, that is the phone , your knowledge about what you are calling to is what will find them or not. your knowledge about them, and the other things being used in the ritual, are the phone number. but a name is only part of that

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sigils of Power and Transformation toddvtx1300 14 1,178 04-22-2017 05:56 AM
Last Post: Tyricon
  Mystical Power of the Psalms by N. J. Harris, short review Gnostic 1 272 04-19-2017 04:04 AM
Last Post: nerdykidtripper
  help on gaining spiritual power phsyjoh 10 984 03-10-2017 08:58 PM
Last Post: niburulou
  Sigils of Power and Transformation by Adam Blackthorne ekc_1971 6 1,278 02-27-2017 03:55 AM
Last Post: ekc_1971
  SIGILS of POWER & TRANSFORMATION by ADAM BLACKTHORNE nerdykidtripper 19 5,111 02-25-2017 07:30 AM
Last Post: ekc_1971