Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babylonian Sacred Words Of Power
01-13-2017, 09:12 AM
(01-13-2017 08:14 AM)Leonardo Wrote:  This is a heavy animistic world view in that spirituality not only exists in specific objects in nature, but also in less tangible things such as sound itself.

Which is perfectly fine - but we are not talking about an animistic world view, we're talking about words of power ;P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2017, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 09:23 AM by belphguy.)
I recommend tis book to a girl which was attacked by a witch.but tis prayers are short are not full.I find a similar but hardcore.it's work just put u faith on it.also his Marcum seals are great

Similar pray.short straight.I wonder were he got tis.
Find all posts by this user
01-13-2017, 10:16 AM
(01-13-2017 09:10 AM)Vitki Wrote:  without going too much into how my grandpa taught me to summon. i will tell you that it is more important to know the details of what you are calling than the actual names itself. when you are calling on a spirit across literal dimensions, it isnt a soundwave hitting them. your intentions/will/skill level are calling out to them, that is the phone , your knowledge about what you are calling to is what will find them or not. your knowledge about them, and the other things being used in the ritual, are the phone number. but a name is only part of that

I don't pretend to know you or your methods. My point is in the traditions I mentioned, and in the PGM (which I have worked extensively and that has parallels with earlier Babylonian practices) unintelligible words by virtue of the sounds they produce can and are used to call forth spirits in both living and historical magical traditions. This is not a license to appropriate such words/sounds without having the cultural context including understanding the nature of the spirit(s) in question, but such context is a given for those born within the tradition (or in those cases where the spirit(s) themselves reveal the 'words'). In the case of historical material (i.e. the magical papyri), the untranslatable voces magicae are directly linked to the spirit(s) of the spells. One such example is 100-letter name of Typhon from PGM IV. 154-285, most - if not all- of the words are untranslatable (though I - and others - have attempted to do so) , but when used in the context of the ritual it is a powerful and effective formulae for calling forth the spirit.

(01-13-2017 09:12 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  
(01-13-2017 08:14 AM)Leonardo Wrote:  This is a heavy animistic world view in that spirituality not only exists in specific objects in nature, but also in less tangible things such as sound itself.

Which is perfectly fine - but we are not talking about an animistic world view, we're talking about words of power ;P

Not quite sure why one would be mutually exclusive from the other.

01-13-2017, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 02:48 PM by Feywer96.)
(01-13-2017 10:16 AM)Leonardo Wrote:  
(01-13-2017 09:12 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  

Not quite sure why one would be mutually exclusive from the other.

Lol I know they aren't really that "exclusive"; I was just saying that to be cynical ;P

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SIGILS of POWER & TRANSFORMATION by ADAM BLACKTHORNE nerdykidtripper 6 773 01-09-2017 08:08 PM
Last Post: nerdykidtripper
  Caves of power from sergio magana Sikerimsizi 0 158 12-26-2016 11:41 PM
Last Post: Sikerimsizi
  help on gaining spiritual power phsyjoh 8 448 12-19-2016 07:06 AM
Last Post: niburulou
  How to Improve Your Power to Visualize V. Juel D'Cian 11 1,514 02-04-2015 09:32 AM
Last Post: V. Juel D'Cian
  Practical & Easy application of the mind power Mangal 4 1,112 01-24-2015 11:02 AM
Last Post: Leviosanimus