Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner's questions
07-11-2016, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 01:41 AM by Malygos.)
I am a beginer in occult and goetia. I have recently been reading some threads, books from recommendations,... from WF to make sure my first evocation go well. I came upon some questions that i can't seem to find the answer to, some help would really mean a lot.
1: What language do spirits use, since I'm really not that good with English?
2: I have a lot of problems finding a local tutor, or at least someone who practice magick who lives near by because i live in Vietnam (South nEast Asia) which is a country not familiar with goetia or evocation at all. Any idea of how i could find one?
3: Would chinese like incense stick work? I recall reading a thread from The-God-King that I should use resin incense instead?
Thanks for the helps ^^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2016, 01:16 AM
Firstly, I think the Goetia and evocation is over-rated. Just my 2 cents though.

1. If you are using a grimoire, I would recommend using the language the book is written in. If you have lots of trouble with pronunciation, I guess you could translate the text into your own language. In some cases, I don't think that different languages matter. It's still a language from this planet and I'm sure spirits are aware of its existence. Anyways, most of these grimoires where originally written in Latin, German, French, etc so you using Vietnamese o anything else shouldn't affect much.
2. Focus on basic exercises, which can be found in a number of beginner books. It seems that you have minimal experience in the occult and magick in general. Jumping into evocation isn't a good idea honestly. It seems to be a common mistake and trend around here. No tutor, mentor, teacher would allow you to go straight to evocation like that.

If you want to really get into the occult and start practicing I HIGHLY recommend that you get evocation out of your head. Start with this:
• At least 6 months of meditation, daily if you can. Look up Anapanasati or Vipasana techniques.
• Study and practice energy work like Qigong, Reiki, etc for 6 months too
• Study candle magick and practice a few basic spells for things like money, luck, road openings, etc
• Look into various field and types of occult practices, you might find something that calls you more than Goetia does. Trust me, there are TONS of effective options.
• Work on opening your spiritual connection like opening astral senses, atunement with nature, developing psychic abilities.
• Pick up at least one form of divination. This skill will be invaluable, you can do readings for yourself when in need of advice, you can do readings for work you might be thinking about doing, you can make some extra money doing readings for others, when you are ready to work with spirits divination will be a handy tool for communication and verification.
• Study how, and begin to work with your ancestors. Build a simple altar. Instructions could be found with easy searches.

3.Incense sticks are ok, not the best of quality but they do the job.

============================

I know you really want to get into evocation, but if you want to take this seriously and make good progress, the recommendations I provided above will take your practice to a whole other level. Like this, when you are ready for evocation, it will be an effective attempt and you wont be wasting your time or bothering a spirit with shabby practices and techniques.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
07-11-2016, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 01:33 AM by Malygos.)
Thank you so much for your response, i find it very helpful and will definitely take every words of yours advice seriously.
07-12-2016, 07:26 AM
(07-11-2016 12:16 AM)Malygos Wrote:  I am a beginer in occult and goetia. I have recently been reading some threads, books from recommendations,... from WF to make sure my first evocation go well. I came upon some questions that i can't seem to find the answer to, some help would really mean a lot.
2: I have a lot of problems finding a local tutor, or at least someone who practice magick who lives near by because i live in Vietnam (South nEast Asia) which is a country not familiar with goetia or evocation at all. Any idea of how i could find one?
3: Would chinese like incense stick work? I recall reading a thread from The-God-King that I should use resin incense instead?
Thanks for the helps ^^
If you want to work with goetia, do not worry about language, because the spirit who you evoke will understand your wishes, even you do not know english very well...

I would say the following: seek knowledge about security...do not work with goetia without having a good experience in protection, since you will work with demons, won´t you ?

If you want to find a master, search in Franz Bardon´s books, have a relationship with a spirit, they are more trustable than people...

By honor to G.A.D.U..!!
07-13-2016, 04:23 PM
(07-12-2016 07:26 AM)hts Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 12:16 AM)Malygos Wrote:  I am a beginer in occult and goetia. I have recently been reading some threads, books from recommendations,... from WF to make sure my first evocation go well. I came upon some questions that i can't seem to find the answer to, some help would really mean a lot.
Thanks for the helps ^^
If you want to work with goetia, do not worry about language, because the spirit who you evoke will understand your wishes, even you do not know english very well...

I would say the following: seek knowledge about security...do not work with goetia without having a good experience in protection, since you will work with demons, won´t you ?

If you want to find a master, search in Franz Bardon´s books, have a relationship with a spirit, they are more trustable than people...

Great advice, I was indeed worried that people might be untrustworthy.
07-14-2016, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the helps ^^
1.Ebonics is my First language so The Queens English works well for me.
2.YouTube, seriously you can totally get tons of Help on YouTube along with the right book collections and Google searches
3.The God King knows this system well, but im pretty sure your incest choice will be ok too if it's all you have or have access too..

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 04:53 AM by travsha.)
Thanks for the helps ^^
1. Spirits arent bound by language. They can understand and communicate in any language usually. They are physical like us and have different limitations then we do.

2. A local tutor is great. In Vietnam they probably work with different spirits then Goetia. I am not familiar with the local spirits there, but most magicians I have met dont work with spirits from books. They work with spirits around them or from the culture they grew up in. You could look into older religions of your area and see what spirits they worked with if you like, or you can learn on your own if you are really attached to Goetia.

3. Incense should work. I know some people dont use any incense. I dont use incense for calling on spirits. All I need is a song to call on a spirit. I use incense for cleansing the ritual space before and after calling on spirits sometimes (not all the time). I ususally use loose herbs as incense, or wood or resin of some kind - sage, copal, tobacco and palo santo are my favorites.

(07-11-2016 01:16 AM)sfairon Wrote:  2. Focus on basic exercises, which can be found in a number of beginner books. It seems that you have minimal experience in the occult and magick in general. Jumping into evocation isn't a good idea honestly. It seems to be a common mistake and trend around here. No tutor, mentor, teacher would allow you to go straight to evocation like that.

If you want to really get into the occult and start practicing I HIGHLY recommend that you get evocation out of your head. Start with this:
• At least 6 months of meditation, daily if you can. Look up Anapanasati or Vipasana techniques.
• Study and practice energy work like Qigong, Reiki, etc for 6 months too
• Study candle magick and practice a few basic spells for things like money, luck, road openings, etc
• Look into various field and types of occult practices, you might find something that calls you more than Goetia does. Trust me, there are TONS of effective options.
• Work on opening your spiritual connection like opening astral senses, atunement with nature, developing psychic abilities.
• Pick up at least one form of divination. This skill will be invaluable, you can do readings for yourself when in need of advice, you can do readings for work you might be thinking about doing, you can make some extra money doing readings for others, when you are ready to work with spirits divination will be a handy tool for communication and verification.
• Study how, and begin to work with your ancestors. Build a simple altar. Instructions could be found with easy searches.
Most people I know who work with spirits didnt do any of these things.... They are kinda unrelated in some ways. Meditation for example is more about personal development then about summoning spirits. I never meditate, use candles or practice QiGong and I call on spirits all the time and get great results. Doesnt mean any of these practices are bad or that you shouldnt do them - they probably help lots of people..... But if you try to learn too many things at once you might spread yourself too thin - I think it would be good to pick a couple things and just really focus on mastering those. Magicians who specialize often get the most results in my experience.

I would agree with learning divination though. That can be very helpful for beginners.

For me the thing that helped me the most was picking a couple spirits to focus on, and then focusing on developing very deep relationships with those spirits. After that, I use those spirits as my guides to help me meet other spirits, and to help protect me ect..... I think the best magicians are good at what they do because they take the time to develop very strong relationships with their spirit allies.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Questions about invoking Anubis Wayfarer 0 49 11-22-2017 09:12 AM
Last Post: Wayfarer
  Questions about The Grand Grimoire & Lucifuge (Lengthy Read) Last_Stand007 13 841 10-18-2017 07:27 AM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  Questions about the "Day Demons" Last_Stand007 7 406 06-26-2017 10:21 PM
Last Post: Sammy
  Questions about Archangels redbeardmagick 6 826 03-31-2017 12:04 AM
Last Post: R. Eugene Laughlin
  Questions regarding Invocation Armaros 30 1,843 03-02-2017 10:47 AM
Last Post: Whitehat