Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benefits to cardio training
09-19-2015, 05:04 PM
There are so many benefits to cardio training. Cardio helps improve strengthens you heart and improves your endurance. The main reason people do cardio is to burn calories so they lose weight. So if your just trying to lose weight, get ready for an event or just improve overall health cardio training provides great.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2015, 09:37 PM
(09-19-2015 05:04 PM)HarryStiffen Wrote:  There are so many benefits to cardio training. Cardio helps improve strengthens you heart and improves your endurance. The main reason people do cardio is to burn calories so they lose weight. So if your just trying to lose weight, get ready for an event or just improve overall health cardio training provides great.

Cardio training is great, but not long, slow cardio training. Many distance runners, such as Alberto Salazar, develop heart problems, and long, slow distance also reduces muscle mass and produces the "skinny fat" syndrome.

Short, intense bursts are what humans are bred for. Sprinting is better for the heart and also increases muscle mass. Whom would you rather look like - a marathon runner or a 100 meter sprinter?

Visit The Paranormal Dimension - "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2015, 01:04 AM
I do cardio 3 time a week with my friends at the Gym, and glad that Cardio has such kind of advantages.
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2015, 05:17 PM
There are many activities in Cardio exercises. Can you name some best ones so that I can make my chart? I want to do Cardio every weekend.

I'm drinking Goji Berry Juice to get rid of skin problems.
10-06-2015, 09:57 PM
(09-19-2015 09:37 PM)catmackenna Wrote:  Cardio training is great, but not long, slow cardio training. Many distance runners, such as Alberto Salazar, develop heart problems, and long, slow distance also reduces muscle mass and produces the "skinny fat" syndrome.

Short, intense bursts are what humans are bred for. Sprinting is better for the heart and also increases muscle mass. Whom would you rather look like - a marathon runner or a 100 meter sprinter?

Not really.Humans evolved glutes and bums (the gluteus maximus) to help them run for extended periods,but not necessarily as quickly as other animals.For example,ancient hunter-gatherers would chase their prey slowly,and catch up once the animal got tired.This worked because most animals can run fast,but not for long.And humans had that advantage.

For more,see this.
10-06-2015, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 11:30 PM by rzarector.)
Muscle fiber type distribution, tendon thickness, limb length... the list of purely genetic components that make up what a particular human being is best at physical activity-wise is quite long. As such there is no one "type" that everyone is going to take to as well as some others.

Having said that, catmackenna is right about what anaerobic intervals do for the body. Pretty much every study coming out is showing (and has shown for some time) that short intense bursts carry a greater overall metabolic & muscular force generation effect than long, slow work.

The rub lies in determining when someone is ready for that - having been training people of varying levels of fitness (from severely malformed elderly to collegiate D-1 athletes) for over 12 years, I can say that when starting some can handle anaerobic intervals and some can't. But almost everyone can work their way up to doing them.

Bear in mind as well that it is much easier for fast-twitch muscle fibers to degrade into slow-twitch than it is for slow-twitch fibers to convert to fast-twitch. And according to the recruitment principle, slower-twitch fibers must fail before faster-twitch fibers can even begin to activate - hence why fast-twitch activities (fast or heavy) force a "topdown" effect in conditioning whereas slow-twitch activities only condition their own kind.

So whereas there were periods and tribes that relied on long runs, much of our 65-million year evolution was characterized by hanging out eating nuts, berries, and plants with occasional "big game meat" shared as a social bonding rite and treat. The rest of the protein came from plant-based sources or small game that we learned to set snares and traps for. It just wasn't worth all that energy expenditure all the time.

*Peace*Infinity*Power*
Ankh-em-Maat
12-02-2016, 08:09 AM
(09-19-2015 09:37 PM)catmackenna Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 05:04 PM)HarryStiffen Wrote:  There are so many benefits to cardio training. Cardio helps improve strengthens you heart and improves your endurance. The main reason people do cardio is to burn calories so they lose weight. So if your just trying to lose weight, get ready for an event or just improve overall health cardio training provides great.

Cardio training is great, but not long, slow cardio training. Many distance runners, such as Alberto Salazar, develop heart problems, and long, slow distance also reduces muscle mass and produces the "skinny fat" syndrome.

Half true. Less than 1 percent become Alberto. Most will never even come close to his distances of training. Long and slow is generally more sustainable for most people. Im talking like 10-20 miles a weeks about. That's like 3 miles day. You can walk it if you are really bad shape. In fact some people should never move above the walking phase. You weigh to much or have structural issues.

I love seeing first timers killing themselves on bikes and treads because HIIT works. EPOC is nonsense in my opinion.

Todays sprinters look so good because of drugs. Even Alberto likely used testosterone.

Now does sprint training work ? YES. But don't forget almost all sprinters train distance runs too.

One motivated enough can eventually include both but if you already lift weights well that's real close to sprinting in my opinion. In fact Id say it is better for almost all.

But one pays their money and takes their picks.
12-03-2016, 03:30 PM
I have started doing Cardio and I think it is one of the most difficult exercises I have ever tried. May be my stamina is not up to the mark. By doing cardio consistently for 1 month I may develop more strength.

12-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Long slow is not out of breath buddy. When you are done you should feel like you can go again and again.

Burst yeah, done in 30 sec.

There is of course an in between range too.

Most need to start at long slow.
12-15-2016, 03:14 PM
It has been quite some time since i have started doing cardio exercises. I have started feeling more energetic and less tired when I am at the work. People who are thinking whether cardio is good or not should go ahead and try it for 21 days to see the result for themselves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cardio for the Fitness wannabe012 28 5,044 03-02-2015 09:34 PM
Last Post: AnthonyAnthony
  Honey benefits for healthy life?? hondo 15 2,653 04-11-2014 09:02 PM
Last Post: healthadvocate
  M-100s, excellent home cardio workout Akashik 8 1,963 02-22-2012 02:47 PM
Last Post: Hуѕтєяιa X™