Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackbird's Top Books for Human Manipulation
09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Ok. So you want to get into the nitty gritty of how people work. Here are some great books and my take on them...

1. You Can Read Anyone, David Lieberman
This book was a real mindfuck for me. At one point, I read a paragraph, put the book down, and didn't open it again for a month out of fear of what I would learn next. As to the book's title, suggesting that I would learn to read other peoples' body language and so forth, it was honestly a little bit light on valuable information. But some of the later chapters, talking about human psychology, were absolutely gold and definitely helped me hack myself.

2. The Definitive Book of Body Language, Allan and Barbara Pease
If you want to read other people, this is the book to go to. Very clearly written, easy to understand. You'll walk away with some great insights into how the human body displays its true feelings and emotions. The best insight I gained from this book is the refutation of claims like, "I don't do 'this' because I'm nervous, I do it because it's comfortable." The thing to understand is that what is "comfortable" changes based upon how you feel. For instance, the confident person, in charge of the situation will never feel "comfortable" slouched down with his hands crossed in front of his chest. So while you can try to brush your body language off as a mere comfortable position, the reality is that what is comfortable to you changes based on the situation.

3. Full Facts Book of Cold Reading, Ian Rowland
This is the book that got me into Tarot Card reading. It teaches you how to seem insightful and profound while totally clueless. Overall, the book is a pretty miserable (and expensive) sales pitch for the author's services. However, if you can manage to work your way through it, you'll learn a lot of really great techniques for manipulating people, if that's your thing. However, it's also helpful in day to day situations.

4. An Insider's Guide to Submodalities, R. Bandler, W. Macdonald
This book has a handful of brilliant insights into how the mind works. It gets a bit dry and annoying to read at times, but it's well worth it. You'll learn a lot, especially if you've never gotten into NLP before.

5. Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Volume I, Richard Bandler
If you've ever wondered what hypnosis is all about, wondered how people can say things and get results that you can't, you owe it to yourself to check this book out. Hypnosis is fascinating. It is real. It's not quite magical, it's not quite science, it's also a lot more than "the power of suggestion". It's learning a different way of communicating with the mind. I once used techniques from this book (and others) to give a girl my home address on a social media site without anybody else on her page realizing it was happening. Our minds process information on many different levels and this book helps give you an idea of how differently the brain can work.

That's all for now.. maybe more to follow...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I think Machiavelli ought to be up there? Doesn't it?

[Image: uKKjzVw.gif]
09-05-2013, 06:10 PM
(09-05-2013 05:58 PM)Protestant Priest Wrote:  I think Machiavelli ought to be up there? Doesn't it?

I don't delve much into philosophy (of a political nature or otherwise). I feel that aspect of myself is rather well defined. I studied much philosophy when I was younger, until I reached the point of discovering that philosophers are all engaged in a massive circle-jerk of sophistry and then I ceased to care. I think all philosophies are more right than wrong, it just depends on the point of view.

And I think philosophy is largely unimportant to understanding human manipulation.

But with that said, having an ethical or philosophical grounding will color, or flavor, what you do with your knowledge and power. In that regard, it is good to decide who you are as a person, before you delve into changing others. But I would be hesitant to suggest one philosophy over another at this time. I am more concerned with the practical here.

Of course, I don't like giving a lot of powerful information to people who I do not know, and may use it in ways I do not agree with. But I have followed this path and explored these things. And I know that whatever one's outlook may be, it takes a lot more than reading a few books to achieve great results.
09-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Point taken. For odd reasons, I do enjoy the massive circle-jerk of sophistry from philosophers. No one engages in such practice more than French philosophers. Sadly, I can't put down any of Sartre's books. The guy did well. I'll look into your books and see which one I can pick in the next few days. Thanks

[Image: uKKjzVw.gif]
08-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Bro Do you have the link to share ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free Ebook on Manipulation Techniques Tera 2 341 11-08-2016 11:57 AM
Last Post: Holodot
  Emotional Manipulation. WannabeBlackhat 5 1,798 08-27-2016 10:52 AM
Last Post: HBG14
  My introduction to the world of human manipulation Oldskool. 24 3,254 08-27-2016 08:56 AM
Last Post: Krishna
  Human Manipulation Books [Downloads] Sythor 21 7,257 08-27-2016 08:51 AM
  Crowd manipulation. How to control the masses! (Methods.) Selene 4 1,959 08-27-2016 08:50 AM