Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodyweight Exercises
09-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Honestly, the best thing to do in this situation is simply google the type of thing you're going for. Doing your own research and finding a routine that works for you is probably much better than asking people to give you ideas on a forum.

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2015, 01:22 PM
It would probably be best to figure out why body type you have and go from there.
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2015, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015 12:01 PM by Gonzo the Old.)
The plank. Get on your hands and knees. Straighten your legs so that it looks like you are at the top of a push up. Hold for up to 2 minutes.

Wall sitting. Place your back against the wall. Walk your feet out and bend your knees so that you assume a position like you are sitting in a chair. Hold for up to 2 minutes.

Not body weight, but Professor Attila's light dumbbell routines can be done with water bottles or cans of food.
09-27-2015, 07:53 PM
This is what i do feel free to use any excercise.
Warm up- jog or run for 30 mins.
30 jumping jacks
50 jump rope jumps
50 toe ups
All done without rest so for example i do the 30 jumping jacks as soon as im finished a i start the jump ropes then the toe ups.Then i take a quick 30 second break. And do all three again in the same manner. I do these a total of three times each.

30 second break
15 high knees
10 1-2-3s (you can google these. i took them from insanity)
10 jumping squats
All done the same way as the first set of workouts. Three sets each ,three times all around so it should equal to 45high knees,30 123s,and 30 jumping squats
1 min rest

Water break
10 burpees two sets= 20 burpees i take my time with these and rest five minutes in between sets

1min rest
10 push ups 4 sets= 40 push ups
5 pull ups 2 sets.

Rest five minutes
Then i grab some dumbbells
And shadow box
20 jabs
20 hooks
20 uppercuts
And 20 mma blocks
Finally i finish with a full body drill( also from insanity)
This my workout but im just a beginner and 300 pounds
So its a good workout for me until i can raise both the intensity and number of sets i can do.
Also itry to follow a 1800 calorie diet with 60 - to 100 grams of protein.
If you weigh 50 lbs less than me then raising the number of the workout is good at least a good 30 more so like 60 jumping jacks instead of 30
Or google workout routines
11-19-2015, 01:44 PM
3 sets of push ups (hands close, normal, wide)

3 sets of pull ups

3 sets of body weight squats (or front squats with kettle bell if you have it)

I do that every other day, and make sure to increase the amount of reps every time.

Make sure to only take a minute rest between sets!

Death is but a window. Time is a doorway. I'll be back -Vigo the Carpathian
11-19-2015, 10:34 PM
high intensity interval training is the key to lean muscle and ultimate weight loss.
11-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Yeah, whats the goal?
11-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Exactly Magari, what's the goal here?

For the OP: I'm a certified personal trainer. With that said, what's your height, weight and bodyfat %? What's your goal: to gain lean muscle? Lose weight and get lean? Or gain some weight in the process?

A few things to keep in mind are the following: 1. Its all about PROPER exercise (be sure to stretch thoroughly before and even during training), proper diet in accord with your physiology and goals and most importanly, proper recovery (good nights rest and supplementation). You can do everything in the world to see results but if you're not letting your body recover properly you wont see a 3rd of the gains you seek.

With that said, as a former bodybuilder, personally Im a big fan of natural training, i.e. using one's own body weight as opposed to traditional weight/strength training. The best core muscle exercises you should keep focused on in your exercise regiment are pullups, dips, pushups and squats and any and all variations thereof.

For example, this is what a week of training for me would look like:

Monday: Squats (double legged, one legged and jumping squats)
Tuesday: Pullups (wide handed)
Wednesday: Pushups
Thursday: Pullups (this time for the biceps by holding the bar in the traditional chin up with palms facing in at shoulder level width or reverse grip) and Dips (on a bench or dip bar or both)
Friday: Legs (squats, running up stairs etc)

The reason why I put alot of emphasis on legs is that it being the second largest muscle group in the body after our back muscles these help increase the production of testosterone (for strength and recovery) which in turn help with your overall development.

Just remember one thing about working out though: intensity defeats extensity every time. By that I mean its not about working out for 2 or 3 hours, its about working out as intensely as possible for 40 mins to an hour tops with no more than 1 min breaks. I tend to workout for 30 to 40 mins, doing anywhere from 10 to 16 sets with 30 second breaks for maximum effect. You dont have to go all out like that but there's more results in that than doing 12 sets in 2 hours with 5 min breaks in between.

There's also the question of diet and what to eat in accord with your goals. A person seeking to lose weight as opposed to gain weight has different caloric and diet needs than the other but thats another topic altogether.

Anyhow, I hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to PM me or put it in the thread so others can give you their input. -Warcloud

"You have to understand. Most people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured and so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."
11-30-2015, 12:28 PM
The reason why I ask is because some people need strength training to reach their goals, while others should probably do yoga.
05-17-2016, 03:20 AM
Im a beginner and I am doing hindu push ups, hindu squats, horse stance, plank and dynamic tension in between for leg toes and wrist and plank ruind your toes and push ups your wrist. VERY GOOD STUFF ! Smiling