Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come on...REALLY!?
09-20-2016, 02:06 AM
First,
I am back after a long absence (if that even matters)
Feels good to be back.

Now for the bovis stercus

I have access to my own computer at work and management is pretty liberal about the use and content mostly because they have a web filter they installed.

I was in need of some Pagan related items and began to google the shops I like to visit.
One of them being azure green.
Blocked.
Ok, let's try another site.
Blocked.
Another?
Blocked.
Reason being? Alternative Belief...

So, just as a test I googled "Christian online store".
I was able to access each and every online store that google threw at me.
I live in the South. I know they are biased but come on...

I'm not sure if this is legally discrimination (there is nothing in the company handbook saying I can't access these websites) but I feel slightly discriminated and this wouldn't be the first time. If you want to hear that story Ill post it in the comments.

I went home pissed off.

Do Ut Des
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2016, 02:12 AM
Welcome back and never knew the South was still that prejudiced.
09-20-2016, 02:19 AM
(09-20-2016 02:12 AM)Emperor Time Wrote:  Welcome back and never knew the South was still that prejudiced.

I practice rituals on Saturday in honor of Saturn. I requested to be excused for coming into late for work in the future due to the ritual occurring so late. Legally, as long as I give ample time to make arrangements they can not tell me no. Although they did not deny me the manager told me that he had to "approve" it and he wanted to know what religion I practiced. Legally, he may not request to know what religion I practice and he has no choice but to approve it so long I give him time (which I did). So, I entertained his questions and told him I am Roman Polytheist/Pagan. He said he researched it and everything that came up was "Satanic". Matris futuor, when I google it the first thing that shows up is my beliefs! Religious discrimination is HUGE out here.

Do Ut Des
09-20-2016, 02:31 AM
Wow and sorry to hear that.
09-20-2016, 02:34 AM
To most Christians, anything that is not Christian itself is immediately categorized as "Satanic".

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
09-20-2016, 03:00 AM
(09-20-2016 02:34 AM)Ryen Wrote:  To most Christians, anything that is not Christian itself is immediately categorized as "Satanic".

It is the their ignorance.

Do Ut Des
09-20-2016, 05:20 AM
An employer can block whatever site they deem inappropriate for their work environment. Most likely its some default setting in a firewall they have set up somewhere and not something they are doing to specifically target you.

I am the high-magus of the ever-wrong. The more I know, the more I know I don't know - therefore I know nothing.
09-21-2016, 01:40 AM
Well now you know his beliefs. You should work to spread Lucifera rein across the earth. Your boss being an example is a little motivation.

[Image: usermedia.php?uo=uW4M4OjFxsZfoRhUf%2FqvSIh4l5k2TGxc]
09-21-2016, 04:12 PM
(09-20-2016 02:19 AM)Nomad Wrote:  So, I entertained his questions and told him I am Roman Polytheist/Pagan. He said he researched it and everything that came up was "Satanic". Matris futuor, when I google it the first thing that shows up is my beliefs! Religious discrimination is HUGE out here.

Christfags and Muslitards are the ultimate and absolute defining aspect of scum.

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-21-2016, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 04:53 PM by FocalMind.)
(09-21-2016 04:12 PM)Shadow Wrote:  Hillbilly Christfags that don't research what's in their bible outside of what their uncle-brother pastor tells them and Muslitards are the ultimate and absolute defining aspect of scum.

Fixed that for you. Wink

Oh, and to add to the discussion, a workplace can block any website they want for whatever reason. Your having access to internet service that the company pays for is a leisure, not a workplace right. As for asking about your beliefs, your employer actually has room to ask when you request to have a work holiday to determine whether your beliefs are "sincerely held", which is required by law to protect the company from joe "sunday funday" shmoe from skipping work.