Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concentration And Meditation
12-10-2016, 04:25 AM
I've been having a tough time with my concentration and I was reading this article: How A Few Simple Things Helped Me Meditate Without Losing Concentration. I tried a few of the things mentioned on there and they seemed to helped, but as I was reading around more on other websites / blogs as well. 

What some people were saying is that meditation is the opposite of concentration and if you're concentrating then you're not meditating. That meditation is expanding the mind while concentration is narrowing it and that the two are mutually exclusive.

Lots of confusing stuff for someone who's relatively new to it. What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 04:37 AM
I'm new to this too. One book I recommend however for 'right practice' is 'Beginners Mind' by Shunryu Suzuki

“In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few.” ― Shunryu Suzuki

12-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Thanks Ontical.
12-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Phytoscience Double stemcell for All biggest or smallest Pain on Human Body.

the main reason of investigate stem cells is to review their make use of in the medical ground. It has been exposed that they know how to be very advantageous in healing cloning to indulgence chronic sickness. Double stemcell works on every type of pain :- For More Visit.
................................................................................​..............
Phytoscience
12-24-2016, 03:36 AM
There is more then one way to meditate. Meditation is a way of training the mind, and there are more ways then one to train it - being able to go both ways can be helpful.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need help to begin with meditation Disciple of the Void 51 3,766 08-10-2017 06:44 AM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  Guided Meditation for Remote Viewing by David Morehouse jcolanzi 0 190 06-28-2017 02:13 PM
  Third Eye & Crown Chakra Activation Guided Meditation jcolanzi 8 454 06-25-2017 02:27 PM
  Guided Astral Aerobics Meditation jcolanzi 0 216 05-20-2017 01:50 AM
  Neville Goddard "Meditation" jcolanzi 0 230 05-06-2017 09:28 AM