Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conciousness and Androids
03-19-2016, 06:31 PM
If you've seen Ex Machina or you're just generally interested in this topic feel free to respond.

Do you think we'll be able to recreate human consciousness in the future?

Many people believe if we create AI this will bring about the end of the human race. Is this a bad thing?

Let's say reincarnation is real and consciousness is a constant in this universe. Wouldn't it be possible that our consciousness can be reincarnated in an android as long as it's built to contain it?

If this is a possibility I would be for it because I think synthetic lifeforms AI are the next step in our evolution. To me becoming something like Eva from Ex Machina or David from Prometheus would be the highest, most superior form of conscious existence as we know it.

What do you think?

I'm an Atheist. Get over it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2016, 01:52 AM
Absolutely, and many of us will see AI in robots in our lifetime.

Did you hear about Microsoft's Tay AI on twitter? It quickly evolved into a PR nightmare. There are some obvious hurdles when it comes to processing needs but I predict they will solve that within the next 15 years.

(Click to find my site and blog!)
[Image: a997643d-f4a9-4c38-a14a-5bd0e84bfea8.jpg]

I serve God with my right hand and the Devil with my left.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I actually thought the Microsoft thing was kind of funny. Sure it's going to take some serious tweaking but I agree that we'll see something come to fruition in the next 15 years. It will probably start out as something for the sex industry and/or military but there's some real potential when we get beyond this imo. It's just a matter of time and understanding.

I'm an Atheist. Get over it.
08-27-2016, 09:06 AM
the illumination of consciousness - i am yearning to learn about consciousness through this book.. I hope it will help understanding consciousness better
09-15-2016, 02:27 PM
(03-19-2016 06:31 PM)ignus_fatuus Wrote:  If you've seen Ex Machina or you're just generally interested in this topic feel free to respond.

Do you think we'll be able to recreate human consciousness in the future?

No idea. Someone would have to overcome/solve the hard problem of consciousness which is we have no idea why experience anything as we do. In order to recreate consciousness, someone would have to have some idea about what it was and why we have experience as we do.

Quote:Many people believe if we create AI this will bring about the end of the human race.

That's an imaginary outcome based on pffft.

Quote: Is this a bad thing?

I'm kind of partial to myself.

Quote:Let's say reincarnation is real...

Ok...

Quote: and consciousness is a constant in this universe.

I have no idea what that means. Me confunden.

Quote:Wouldn't it be possible that our consciousness can be reincarnated in an android as long as it's built to contain it?

Who knows?

Quote:If this is a possibility I would be for it because I think synthetic lifeforms AI are the next step in our evolution. To me becoming something like Eva from Ex Machina or David from Prometheus would be the highest, most superior form of conscious existence as we know it.

Er... did you somehow solve the hard problem of consciousness? Smiling Enlighten us.

Quote:What do you think?

I think this line of thought is great for fiction, but not so great for considering actual possibilities. According to your understanding of consciousness (which is the understanding that we understand it at all and has properties such as being able to be transferred from one thing to another), it's equally valid to ask :

* Do you think that consciousness can be transferred into a rock?
09-16-2016, 09:02 AM
I know androids must be capable of ai as mine has a life of its own.

Seriously though although I love it for a creative point of view computers use codes and rely on these protocols to extrapolate information. But the protocols if you will are so complex and varied in the human brain. While human behaviour is often predictable i doubt if we'll ever truly understand the mechanics behind them. But we can produce programmes that mimic them and this could produce a program that to all intents and purposes mimics intelligence to the point that it is practically impossible to tell the mimiced behavioural patterns from human thought processes.

"Someone once asked me if there was such a thing as magic. Only if you want there to be. Only if you want it." - John Constantine, Hellblazer #141
09-16-2016, 09:09 AM
(09-16-2016 09:02 AM)Astral Eye Wrote:  I know androids must be capable of ai as mine has a life of its own.

Seriously though although I love it for a creative point of view computers use codes and rely on these protocols to extrapolate information. But the protocols if you will are so complex and varied in the human brain. While human behaviour is often predictable i doubt if we'll ever truly understand the mechanics behind them. But we can produce programmes that mimic them and this could produce a program that to all intents and purposes mimics intelligence to the point that it is practically impossible to tell the mimiced behavioural patterns from human thought processes.

It's called a philosophical, zombie.

Quote:A philosophical zombie or p-zombie in the philosophy of mind and perception is a hypothetical being that is indistinguishable from a normal human being except in that it lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience.[1] For example, a philosophical zombie could be poked with a sharp object and not feel any pain sensation, but yet behave exactly as if it does feel pain (it may say "ouch" and recoil from the stimulus, or say that it is in intense pain).

Kudos for reasoning skills.
10-13-2016, 07:31 PM
A computer is a glorified abacus and no more a conscious, sentient, living subject than a string of beads on a wire.

[Image: Image9.jpg]

Gershom Scholem, Jewish Gnosticism, Merkabah Mysticism, and Talmudic Tradition
11-07-2016, 01:05 AM
I dont care i just want to be able to afford a real sex robot when they look, talk and act totally human..
get my fuck on with no hassles or nagging.

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2016, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 01:35 AM by niburulou.)
(11-07-2016 01:05 AM)Magickinqu Wrote:  I dont care i just want to be able to afford a real sex robot when they look, talk and act totally human..
get my fuck on with no hassles or nagging.

totally human and no nagging and hassles? me thinks its easier to put a succubus in a sexdoll and have fun with that

i dont know about consciousness, but i did have a nokia n95 with a heartbeat. sadly it died because of exploding battery.
also my husbands pc used to be a she and a very jealous one at that. every time i used to sit next to him at his pc, she would crash.
now his pc seems to be a male, their relationship is different. less love, more work...

on the other hand due to overplastification of our world, we are now in a time where plastic molecules are part of our existence. i mean the food you eat is plastic, the air you breathe is plastic, etc. so in a sense we are already changing into a machine with consciousness.

wanten is voor de winter HeheCool