Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating sigils emotionally
03-03-2013, 06:06 AM
The way most magicians create sigils is purely on an intellectual level. They form symbols by manipulating letters or playing connect the dotes on planetary squares and so forth.

There is another way to do this. You put your waking mind on hold and go into a trance.

You can get sigils for spirits and specific purposes this way. I always use it for spirits though.
I came across this method during a ritual to my patron deity Dionysus. I was discontented with the sigil I made from the rose cross lamen. I expressed this out loud. The method that follows just sorta happened. I didn't plan it out or think about it. I'd like to think my ecstatic god gave me a nice method to get sigils in a way that most befits Him.

For this, you will need a pencil, paper, and an intellectual sigil (make it by the usual methods). Skry into the sigil, activating it. Now, chant the spirit's name over and over. Or use a mantra if you have one. One could use alpha binaural beats to aid in the trance. Once trance/gnosis occurs, take hold of your pencil (still chant the name) scribble on the paper. You may do this on multiple pieces of paper, making different sigils. When you have calmed yourself and returned to beta state, choose the sigil you like best.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

http://crossroadsofsaintsanddevils.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 06:18 AM
So this is performed like a form of "sensation window shopping"? You look at the seal that gives off the most power to do what you want to do?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2013, 06:27 AM
(03-03-2013 06:18 AM)Phil_B Wrote:  So this is performed like a form of "sensation window shopping"? You look at the seal that gives off the most power to do what you want to do?

Well, the seals don't give off power. They are a gateway to power.
You choose the sigils based on what you like best. Sometimes, your mind will just naturally pick one, for no reason you can discern intellectually. Other times, you will pick a sigil thinking it looks "pretty".

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

12-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Sigils of spirits should be done on the kameas/squares of the planet(s) they come under, their name should be numbered (for each letter) either by Aiq Bekar (if its a hebrew name) or Western numerology (or everything else)

My ebook (its free) Creed of Assiah

My YouTube Channel Leon
12-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Nice.
Is this an anchor?
12-24-2016, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2016 03:38 PM by Absinthe.)
(12-17-2016 04:42 PM)leon fortayne Wrote:  Sigils of spirits should be done on the kameas/squares of the planet(s) they come under, their name should be numbered (for each letter) either by Aiq Bekar (if its a hebrew name) or Western numerology (or everything else)

There's MORE than ONE way to do THIS.
Also, sometimes, the things from your tradition don't apply to others. Dionysus is a wild god (and I don't just mean party-wise). He likes wild seers. There's all sorts of old charms that do mediumship through drunkards in a bar. The spirits who enjoy this type of stuff tend to be more "wild" (non-mainstream mainstream). And that leaves very little room for uh, "intellectual" formalized pieces of magic. It just sorta happens or it doesn't based on mood, person and god/spirit. Plenty of people have encountered this.
Of course, I wouldn't dry a drunken, drug induced ekstasis to a saint like Saint Jude you know?
I would enter into a state of grace and prayerful meditation, saying confession, accepting penance. And then ask the saint to reveal a firma/sigil/seal/pentacle whatever you're trying to do.
Adapt to the spirit, don't force the spirit to adapt to you!

(12-17-2016 10:05 PM)proxincz Wrote:  Nice.
Is this an anchor?

Meehhh, ehhh. It's more like a key. Seals and holy cards don't really have the capacity to properly "hold" spirits. At least, not in the same way as spirit dolls. The holy card is a key but the idol is the anchor. Icons give spirits a strong hold in the world. Some spirits even fully inhabit their vessel.
Of course there always ways around it, and if the sigil looks super dope, put it on display!

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

12-24-2016, 07:03 PM
(12-24-2016 03:34 PM)Absinthe Wrote:  There's MORE than ONE way to do THIS.
Also, sometimes, the things from your tradition don't apply to others. Dionysus is a wild god (and I don't just mean party-wise). He likes wild seers. There's all sorts of old charms that do mediumship through drunkards in a bar. The spirits who enjoy this type of stuff tend to be more "wild" (non-mainstream mainstream). And that leaves very little room for uh, "intellectual" formalized pieces of magic. It just sorta happens or it doesn't based on mood, person and god/spirit. Plenty of people have encountered this.
Of course, I wouldn't dry a drunken, drug induced ekstasis to a saint like Saint Jude you know?
I would enter into a state of grace and prayerful meditation, saying confession, accepting penance. And then ask the saint to reveal a firma/sigil/seal/pentacle whatever you're trying to do.
Problem is if you make it personal to you specifically then it cannot be used by anyone else. If I need to make a sigil I use planetary kameas because the result will always be consistant.

My ebook (its free) Creed of Assiah

My YouTube Channel Leon
12-25-2016, 03:46 AM
(12-24-2016 07:03 PM)leon fortayne Wrote:  
(12-24-2016 03:34 PM)Absinthe Wrote:  There's MORE than ONE way to do THIS.
Problem is if you make it personal to you specifically then it cannot be used by anyone else. If I need to make a sigil I use planetary kameas because the result will always be consistant.

Except it's not personal to me, it's personal to the spirit. Anyone can use the same methods for contacting a certain spirit or group of spirits. That's how religion and tradition is born.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

01-10-2017, 02:33 AM
This is very interesting to me... I'd like to combine this approach with poetry...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ben Woodcroft's ANGELIC SIGILS and KEYS nerdykidtripper 44 3,723 04-27-2017 09:51 PM
Last Post: Sammy
  Sigils of Power and Transformation toddvtx1300 14 1,146 04-22-2017 05:56 AM
Last Post: Tyricon
  Sigils of Power and Transformation by Adam Blackthorne ekc_1971 6 1,247 02-27-2017 03:55 AM
Last Post: ekc_1971
  SIGILS of POWER & TRANSFORMATION by ADAM BLACKTHORNE nerdykidtripper 19 5,049 02-25-2017 07:30 AM
Last Post: ekc_1971
  Creating Holy Water Rashnu 43 5,971 12-17-2016 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rashnu