Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Design me a workout plan
12-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Quote:Hmm from what I can see,you seem to have had pretty good soft tissue strength so the reason you busted your knee is probably because of form.

I had a professional strength coach who didn't seem to have any issues with my form. I think a lot of it was due to muscle imbalance and perhaps not enough rest since I was flat out pretty much every day.

Quote:Pistols are great for building strength but completely rek your joints if you screw the form even a little.

Oh yeah the pistol form would have been pretty bad. They were slightly assisted as well.

Quote:And you said you were out of game right?

Haven't done much physical work in the last 3 years.

Quote:From my experience of knee injury all I will suggest is start from step one.Jack knife squats maybe,I know it sounds outrageous but those beginner exercises are good for building up and repairing the tissue damage and they won't put much stress on the joints.Squats are all I did to recover from my knee injuries,worked like a charm for me.
Slowly buildup to one leg squat(there are progressions available online) and once you can perform 10 one leg squats on each leg,you will be in good enough shape to start heavy weights(you can begin early on but meh).
If you reach the level of one leg squats,you will have top notch mobility and stability.

Interesting. Also 10 single leg squats will never happen for me, at least no time soon. I'm 6'5" and like 185-190. You can hear the meniscus in my knee click violently whenever I get close to a pistol hahah. That's why I wanted to avoid squats for as long as possible and just do more RDLs to hit posterior chain and leg extensions to get the VMO well devleoped. And then maybe some normal deads which I think don't cause any knee issues. Thoughts?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Quote:Interesting. Also 10 single leg squats will never happen for me, at least no time soon. I'm 6'5" and like 185-190.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step Smiling

Quote:You can hear the meniscus in my knee click violently whenever I get close to a pistol hahah.

Damn that's one nasty tear.What did The Doc say? If he suggested surgery,then better get it done,if not,start moving and working that baby.Joints heal when you work and move them.

Quote:That's why I wanted to avoid squats for as long as possible and just do more RDLs to hit posterior chain and leg extensions to get the VMO well devleoped. And then maybe some normal deads which I think don't cause any knee issues. Thoughts?

I'm not an expert in these but,leg extension is machine work right? Deads are OK to a certain degree.But avoid machines like The Plague if you want to build serious functional strength.And also avoid isolation exercises as much as possible.

Your MO should be Less exercises,more work done.Teach your body to work together,the more you use compounds,the more you can avoid asymmetry and build balanced body.

Also,don't avoid squats.You must move the joint.That is how it gets the nutrition it needs and starts healing.Do beginner stuff for a week or two ,like half squat without weights,just move that bitch without too much stress.

And once it starts to get better,slowly move on to full squats,do that for a while without bars,your muscles develop rapidly but the tissue needs time to strengthen and the problem you face is with tissue.Then you can start advanced body weight work or weights,but again,[/quote]AVOID MACHINES.

Take it nice and slow Smiling

For some reason I feel like my reply is incomplete,point out if I missed anything Smiling
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Quote:Damn that's one nasty tear.What did The Doc say? If he suggested surgery,then better get it done,if not,start moving and working that baby.Joints heal when you work and move them.

Haven't been hah. Been putting it off because I wouldn't be able to afford surgery anyway.

Quote:leg extension is machine work right?

Correct and I second the notion of hating on machines. I was prescribed by my squad's physio some leg extension work to develop VMO and reduce inflammation of the knee. Had pretty bad schlatters and patella tendonitis for a while and the extensions fixed it right up.

Quote:Your MO should be Less exercises,more work done.Teach your body to work together,the more you use compounds,the more you can avoid asymmetry and build balanced body.

100% agree.

Quote:Also,don't avoid squats.You must move the joint.That is how it gets the nutrition it needs and starts healing.

Unfortunately, I'm 98% sure it's beyond the point where it'll repair itself naturally. Surgery is most likely the only way I'll be able to get a deep squat ROM again. I'm pretty sure I can do heavy squats to parallel but no further.

12-10-2015, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 05:03 PM by ElGod.)
Quote:Been putting it off because I wouldn't be able to afford surgery anyway.

If you cant in Aus,try India Wink lots of people from Aus and USA come here to get operated because of the low cost.Heck some hospitals even have branches dedicated to patients from other countries. Hehe
12-10-2015, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't be able to afford the flights to get to India hahaha :')

12-10-2015, 05:43 PM
(12-10-2015 05:34 PM)Harvey Wrote:  I wouldn't be able to afford the flights to get to India hahaha :')

In that case good Sir,it's time you gave a phone call to Jupiter Wink
12-10-2015, 06:05 PM
If only! I did some DB lunges yesterday and the DOMS today is killer. Will keep yall updated on what I end up doing.

12-20-2015, 08:32 AM
This workout has gotten me RIPPED. I'm talking P90x-Insanity-BodyByJake-TaeBo RIPPED! Don't take my word for it. I'll yet Daddy Kanye explain:

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
02-14-2016, 04:34 AM
Sorry to ressurect the thread.

Smolov Squat program.
02-14-2016, 07:14 AM
(02-14-2016 04:34 AM)oracle Wrote:  Sorry to ressurect the thread.

Smolov Squat program.

No, this is not a good idea. Smolov's Squat program is geared for advanced lifters (typically barbell sport competitors) who have hit a plateau. Anyone who can't squat with a minimum 3 olympic plates on each side of the bar (315 lbs.) has no business touching this program, much less someone with knee issues.

*Peace*Infinity*Power*
Ankh-em-Maat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Home workout Quillian 13 2,272 02-20-2015 09:55 PM
Last Post: Frater.Akenu
  Personal Workout Routine Hуѕтєяιa X™ 20 3,328 02-11-2014 09:02 PM
Last Post: safa100
  Hardcore workout (Shake Weight) Koran 0 882 02-16-2013 06:19 PM
Last Post: Koran