Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dirty Attacks for Emergency Situations
08-20-2014, 01:01 AM
A palm stroke to the nose is NOT lethal. There's no bones there, it's cartilage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 01:05 AM by eyes_ov_flame.)
Actually mider IS take Martial arts to and that would actually effin hurt.

(08-20-2014 01:05 AM)eyes_ov_flame Wrote:  Actually mider I take Martial arts to and that would actually effin hurt.

It takes the sadness of life
To appreciate the beauty of death~
08-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Yes, but it's not lethal.

My ex best friend was an ex marine, and sansoo instructor (old school, not the modern stuff) as well as a cop of 24 years.

He's the guy who shoved his wrist bone in my wind pipe, it was very light, but is was hurting for a week. All the moves I posted were from him. He used them all as a cop of 20 some years.

One of our pass times was watching MA vids and he'd tell me what he though would and wouldn't work. Even at 80 I was scared of him, he carried a gun 24/7 as well as knives. He had an AK in his house from his service days as well as a shot gun and 45 acp hollow point. One of the things he told me was aim for the guys dick when you shoot, hard to evade and he will bleed out before any help arrives.
08-20-2014, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 06:09 AM by eyes_ov_flame.)
My uncle is has been in the army for over 20 years, and did 4 tours in iraq and one tour in kuwait and was even in korea. My father is a black belt in american gojuryu karate. If I may also add I have trained in krav maga techniques. Many people in the law enforcement have used techniques in krav maga. A basic palm strike to the nose will possibly put your nervous system in shock. I have been in some nasty fights.

08-20-2014, 06:32 AM
Dirty attack?
Gunshot to the balls.
kthxTounge

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2014, 06:32 AM
(08-20-2014 06:32 AM)Rashnu Wrote:  Dirty attack?
Gunshot to the balls.
kthxTounge

Nice

08-20-2014, 07:49 AM
(08-20-2014 01:01 AM)Mider2009 Wrote:  A palm stroke to the nose is NOT lethal. There's no bones there, it's cartilage.

Did you really just say that? Swallow some science baby Wink

[Image: sn7_noseanatomy.jpg]

or would you prefer some medical journals' seamen oh wait I mean science Hehe

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]
08-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Continuing the choke out: Ten seconds against a willing target offering no resistance, after allowing the perfect application of the hold to be applied. It will not work like this IRL. Ever. And that's speaking from personal experience. Even if you could properly apply and lock, your looking at a minimum of twenty seconds, and that is an eternity in a real fight. Honestly, the single most effective attack I am aware of requires a stabbing weapon. Thr good ol' prison shiv rush. Look it up if you're not familiar. Can be done with a decent pen, and...well...I've been training with edged weapons for over 15 years, and it still scares the shit out of me. No real defense for it.

As Below, so Sideways.
08-20-2014, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 11:54 AM by Mider2009.)
How's this dary

A palm strike to the nose would kill you....like one in a million chance. Lol

Yes, knives are scary, you have to be fast to defend, but even then it's so fast, unpredictable.
08-20-2014, 12:16 PM
The biggest problem with the palm strike theory is the fact that the bone present in the nose is slightly larger than the nasal opening in the skull. Accessing the brain through the occular cavity is much easier...a proper locked strike, even without finger conditioning, can penetrate the surprisingly thin bone behind the eye.

As Below, so Sideways.