Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Does anybody cook seriously?
07-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Didn't read to many posts but I was going to ask for advice on whipping together some fettuccine Alfredo, but there hasn't been a lot of activity going on so did I miss something or do no members of WF cook?
No jokes please I really appreciate my pasta especially with cheese love the mac n cheese but gourmet when performed properly is far more satisfying and more importantly delicious.

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 09:53 AM
I cook but not often. I've made burgers, tuna salad, and tacos.

I may try chocolate mousse soon. I just google a simple recipe.

I use a site called all recipes .com
07-01-2014, 10:16 AM
How would you rate your ability as a chef (1-10)?
I'm a high 7 or a low 8
it's an overall rating naturally my specialties are individually better

07-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I think I'm pretty bad to be honest, but others like it.
07-01-2014, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:47 AM by darangal.)
Lol Smiling I hear ya the most important part about cooking is the independence in providing a meal for yourself and for others, giving is a great feeling. The reason I made this thread is I see cooking as a serious art form and I would enjoy advice and collaborations with others who feel the same or share a healthy respect for the practice.

07-01-2014, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:58 AM by Mider2009.)
Well my meals are pretty simple. I hardly cook though.

What do you like cooking?

I think, maybe I'm wrong, but cooking is indeed a difficult art form. It's hard to cook even simple things and get them to be tasty.

I went to a high end restaurant (for my city) yet I found the food sub par, especially for the prices. But I suppose I'm hard to please at times. There are a few places around my city that serve so,e decent food.
07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I would rate myself 7-8 as well. My palette and execution are very good, the only thing I lack is experience in a professional kitchen.
However for a dish as simple as that, you can easily google it (I recommend the allrecipes sites).

[Image: z3bJrZD.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 12:39 PM by darangal.)
Technically you are 100% correct, I like little touches for example I love spicy food so a dash or several of cayenne peppers, hot sauce, or other similarly delicious additions to appropriate dishes such as hot dogs which I always put cayenne peppers on ALWAYS . For Mac N Cheese, box not from scratch, I as garlic powder and a little bit of minced onions the garlic does wonders I only wish they gave you more cheese powder for the sauce, and adding butter doesn't hurt at all depending on the type of cheese either a tablespoon or half a stick. I mess around with tacos more intricately but I'm sticking to simpler dishes to prevent clerical error.

07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
For tacos I just made simple ground beef, added onions, salt, garlic powder, and bell pepper.

For tuna salad I put lemon juice, onion, garlic powder, and placed the salad in the center of a bowl, I put ritz crackers all around in a design

For burgers, just salt, pepper, and worschire sauce, American cheese was placed on top of the beef and then another beef patty was placed on that. They were grilled and put in toasted buns.

For mousse I read a recipe that called for chocolate chips to be melted in a pot, the pot was on simmering water I think. As the chocolate melts you add coffee and sugar and whip it all up.
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Mider have you used cumin before? It's an excellent grounding flavor it brings out the natural flavor of the meat and is a strong base. Do you put any other spices in your taco mix because I started out using a recipe online it had roughly 10 different spices I added some and removed others due to personal preference but the mix was solid and experimenting to create better food with less ingredients takes time and money with an emphasis on time. Based on your recipes, though simple, you are a better chef than you let on. Skill isn't about complexity it's about efficiency, proficiency, and the results.
A basic burger can taste like burnt ass or a piece of paradise it's in the eye of the beholder and the hands of the molder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what did you cook today? niburulou 15 737 04-28-2017 06:20 AM
Last Post: SirenSong
  [Basics of Italian Cooking] How to cook "Pasta" XDarkCoder 11 2,711 09-30-2012 05:07 AM
Last Post: Cyba
  Pro Cook much - More hot dogs! Morchid 2 843 02-23-2012 01:51 PM
Last Post: xtinguish
  How Swag When You Cook NUMB 4 1,169 02-22-2012 10:55 PM
Last Post: NUMB
  What can You cook? мєℓαηιє 29 3,046 02-16-2012 06:20 AM
Last Post: Thor