Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Does anybody cook seriously?
07-01-2014, 10:31 PM
The burger was ok.

I use very few spices, mostly salt and pepper. I like using garlic powder too.

My best friend might like some extra spices.

I provide card reading services of all kinds, pm me with your questions and needs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 02:38 AM by WalterB.)
I'm actually a rather proficient chef due to a strange combination of poverty and gluttony that forces me to become rather more creative than your average person while cooking. Sometimes the things I do to food may sound... obscene... to traditionalists... but it's hard to argue with the results.

Yes, I can help you with fetuccini alfredo, though I usually use other varieties of pasta with the same or rather similar sauce.

For example, you can season some oil at low heat with garlic and then toss raw pasta directly into the warm oil to harden it and control how much water it soaks up/ eat up some of the loose starches on the surface. It usually makes the cheap stuff taste like the more expensive stuff by toasting out some of the flavors and making it put up with hard boiling without falling apart, which in turn allows you to cook it with other ingredients at the same time so it soaks up the broth that forms as other things cook rather than having to rely on salted water or wasting stock by making it murky with starch.

Similarly, while making the sauce is standard fare, you can also dress it with similarly flavored and better constituted (velvety) additions like a raw egg, a blob of ultra thick sour cream (I use 30% because it's part of my death pact with the arch demon Cholesterol) and a hand full of chives. Like bucca de peppe or whatever, only less stinky because you cut some of the cheese.

Considering how much I love carbs, I could talk about this all at length... but I'll leave that to the others.

I said sour cream, I meant cottage cheese. but a dab of sour cream wouldn't hurt.
07-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Your talking to someone who gets hungry watching Hannibal kill and cook people: please continue.

[Image: skull%20star%202_zpsfqphqop8.jpg]
07-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Anything in particular you're trying to cook other than your alfredo?

You can also make bastard sauces from my poverty cuisine by making basing the cream sauces on meat fat (fry seasonings in grease, flour in seasoned grease, add milk, etc) or or creating pad thai like flavor for using the same grease to fry flour (I use rough corn flour) and then adding a spoonful of sugar, soy sauce or soy bean paste, a dab of peanut butter, and then water and chilli sauce and water before letting it cool and congeal... or maybe try a shit I'm poor sauce by mixing premade pasta sauce from the can with a cream of mushroom soup and tossing in vegetables and ground meat. That one's the one I use for my meat pie fillings. [not human meat, but that's possible I guess if you're wary of the jumps and shakes from too much potassium]
07-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Not yet, my financial situation limits by capabilities as far as acquiring ingredients. This is a hobby. I enjoy the process a great deal but the end results of a self made meal are more satisfying than words can express.

07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
.....I also get hungry watching the show hannibal.

I provide card reading services of all kinds, pm me with your questions and needs.
07-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Hannibal rising makes me want to upchuck (mentally the gut is wrought o iron) but he doesn't clean up after himself, and it's rank. In the show though 1st rate cuisine magnifique, some people get a little offput by the ritualism and gore but the food is too good for the fear to win, unless you're a pussy Hehe just kidding hehehe

07-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm going to try making chocolate mousse tomorrow, I just am unsure as to how to get the pot over the water without touching it.

07-05-2014, 11:36 AM
(07-05-2014 09:42 AM)Mider2009 Wrote:  I'm going to try making chocolate mousse tomorrow, I just am unsure as to how to get the pot over the water without touching it.

Pretty sure the correct cooking apparatus is called a double boiler. You use something similar, if not identical, in certain recipes for extracting THC for edibles.

07-05-2014, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 12:49 PM by Mider2009.)
I don't own one.

Can I just put a smaller pot on a bigger, or even in it?

Have to hold it carefully though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what did you cook today? niburulou 14 321 04-19-2017 02:50 PM
Last Post: fixerkitty
  [Basics of Italian Cooking] How to cook "Pasta" XDarkCoder 11 2,473 09-30-2012 05:07 AM
Last Post: Cyba
  Pro Cook much - More hot dogs! Morchid 2 760 02-23-2012 01:51 PM
Last Post: xtinguish
  How Swag When You Cook NUMB 4 1,034 02-22-2012 10:55 PM
Last Post: NUMB
  What can You cook? мєℓαηιє 29 2,830 02-16-2012 06:20 AM
Last Post: Thor