Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Does anybody cook seriously?
04-23-2016, 10:32 AM
I make pork chops like that except mustard in place of mayo with sprinkle of Rosemary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 07:35 AM
I am an avid cook, an absolute food nerd. I wanted to recommend the Series The Chefs Table to anyone who is really looking to see into some of the most incredible culinary minds alive right now. You can find it on Netflix currently.

"I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ A. N.
06-21-2016, 04:09 PM
I would rate my cooking ability by 5. I don't consider myself as a good chef. My family hates me when I serve something cooked by me. I, most of the times, serve them pre-prepared food items, such as instant noodles.

I'm drinking Goji Berry Juice to get rid of skin problems.
06-21-2016, 10:56 PM
(04-23-2016 08:55 AM)ignus_fatuus Wrote:  I can cook dude. Check this out, I'm doing this for my pork chops today.

Preheat your oven at 400.

I mix up some Italian style bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Mayo in a large bowl. I make a thick batter out of this and batter up my chops. Then I spray down the tin foil I'm gonna put them on with no stick butter spray and throw them in in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour depending on how thick they are.

best chops you'll ever have.

Simple but tasty.

Everybody else please feel free to share recipes and pictures of your culinary creations.

[Image: skull%20star%202_zpsfqphqop8.jpg]
06-21-2016, 11:49 PM
I love to cook Italian & peasant dishes, especially ones that are like.. mediaeval. I like mediaeval cooking a lot, too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 03:20 PM
I cook as a mere hobby. In my house, my mother is the only cook who prepares the main course, sometimes I do the side dishes. Preparing food for the whole family is very difficult for me, I cannot guess the amount of salt/sugar if am going to prepare for more than two people.

I'm drinking Goji Berry Juice to get rid of skin problems.
08-30-2016, 02:08 AM
I cook almost every day. It is a must when you have children and also it is a part of my culture. We tend to cook almost daily or every other day. I love cooking! Most times, cooking accompanies baking, especially on Sunday, but now, I tend to just leave the baking out especially in summer when the place is way too hot to be in the kitchen for a long period of time.
09-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Cooking is one of my hobbies. One of my favorite recipes is Chicken In An Apple-Brandy Cream Sauce. It's really easy to make, but watch out for the alcohol igniting into a flambe when you add the brandy, especially if you're cooking with a gas stove/flame. What to serve with it, is up to you.

Ingredient List:

3tablespoons butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Some all-purpose flour
3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1⁄2 cup Applejack or 1⁄2 cup calvados brandy
1⁄4 cup brandy
1 cup whipping cream

Directions:

1) Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3) Coat with flour, shaking off excess.
4) Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
5) Pour off all but 1 tablespoon butter from skillet.
6) Add apples and both brandies; simmer over medium heat until apples are tender and liquid is slightly syrupy, about 7 minutes.
7) Using slotted spoon, transfer apples to platter with chicken.
8) Add cream to skillet; boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
9) Return chicken and apples to skillet and heat through, about 2 minutes.
10) Arrange chicken on plates. Spoon apples and sauce over and serve.

(Shamelessly pilfered from: http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-with-...uce-249007)
09-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Eggs Benedict Buffet this Sunday, along with other great brunch food. Not coking it then, but Eggs Benedict is a quick favorite I like to cook sometimes with Hollondaise sauce.

[Image: usermedia.php?uo=uW4M4OjFxsZfoRhUf%2FqvSIh4l5k2TGxc]
09-14-2016, 05:57 AM
Sorry for the size, but this was the ONLY full episode I could find on chef Alex Atala. This man is a visionary, environmentalist, chef, tattooed, recovered genius. Incredible and conscious...the essence of food, artistry and evolution Luv "Alex Atala doesn't give a fuck!"

"I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ A. N.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Basics of Italian Cooking] How to cook "Pasta" XDarkCoder 11 2,255 09-30-2012 05:07 AM
Last Post: Cyba
  Pro Cook much - More hot dogs! Morchid 2 691 02-23-2012 01:51 PM
Last Post: xtinguish
  How Swag When You Cook NUMB 4 906 02-22-2012 10:55 PM
Last Post: NUMB
  What can You cook? мєℓαηιє 29 2,568 02-16-2012 06:20 AM
Last Post: Thor
  How to cook a steak ! Kn1ght 5 1,071 02-04-2012 11:56 AM
Last Post: Kn1ght