Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotions & Intellect
08-13-2017, 10:49 PM
(08-13-2017 03:39 AM)Deidre Wrote:  I think that we're a combination of emotions and reason. (intellect) I would say that if either governs your entire life, then one or the other is not balanced. While I find myself having an agnostic/atheistic view of the existence of a deity for example, my emotions and imagination allow me to keep an open mind. I think many ''militant atheists'' only use their intellect, and thus if something cannot be proven or lacks evidence, then it's false, and shouldn't be believed. They refused to open their minds to the possibility of a deity, but I have a few friends who are militant atheists and their ideas of an imagination are just different than mine. So, there's that too.
Yes, emotions and imagination is crucial to me, too, without that i feel no weapon to work out a spell.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2017, 04:54 AM
I cannot see a benefit in justifying emotions – but I can see the problems they entail (after all they are not new) and thus the need to curb them. Philosophical & psychological discourses seem of little effect in a world where the emotions of a Hitler, a Trump or Kim can bring catastrophes on mankind – not to forget those which motivate corporate decisions and the more subtle but not less effective social media - & mass motions.
And, I should remind that most of Sapiens emotions are very old (primitive) and thus not compatible with his contemporary technological, scientific and social conditions.
08-14-2017, 10:06 PM
Last night i was laying in bed, thinking shit, and from somewhere, may even be my own thoughts, i heard,

inteligence rules over emotions or even better yet common sense rules over emotion, on my own language, even this is definetly true, never forget your emotions complelty.

Prince of Earth