Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotions & Intellect
08-13-2017, 10:49 PM
(08-13-2017 03:39 AM)Deidre Wrote:  I think that we're a combination of emotions and reason. (intellect) I would say that if either governs your entire life, then one or the other is not balanced. While I find myself having an agnostic/atheistic view of the existence of a deity for example, my emotions and imagination allow me to keep an open mind. I think many ''militant atheists'' only use their intellect, and thus if something cannot be proven or lacks evidence, then it's false, and shouldn't be believed. They refused to open their minds to the possibility of a deity, but I have a few friends who are militant atheists and their ideas of an imagination are just different than mine. So, there's that too.
Yes, emotions and imagination is crucial to me, too, without that i feel no weapon to work out a spell.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2017, 04:54 AM
I cannot see a benefit in justifying emotions – but I can see the problems they entail (after all they are not new) and thus the need to curb them. Philosophical & psychological discourses seem of little effect in a world where the emotions of a Hitler, a Trump or Kim can bring catastrophes on mankind – not to forget those which motivate corporate decisions and the more subtle but not less effective social media - & mass motions.
And, I should remind that most of Sapiens emotions are very old (primitive) and thus not compatible with his contemporary technological, scientific and social conditions.
08-14-2017, 10:06 PM
Last night i was laying in bed, thinking shit, and from somewhere, may even be my own thoughts, i heard,

inteligence rules over emotions or even better yet common sense rules over emotion, on my own language, even this is definetly true, never forget your emotions complelty.
08-30-2017, 08:37 AM
(08-14-2017 10:06 PM)Homicide Wrote:  Last night i was laying in bed, thinking shit, and from somewhere, may even be my own thoughts, i heard,

inteligence rules over emotions or even better yet common sense rules over emotion, on my own language, even this is definetly true, never forget your emotions complelty.

keep thinking...............
09-02-2017, 09:26 PM
I would argue that rationality is but a film over what we know as reality and experience. Some people are more ordered and can fulfill promises than others, but the irrational side of being has as much, if not MORE say in our thoughts and actions than we often think. Sometimes our own drives, desires, emotions etc, can intervene in themselves when attempting to fulfill a promise (guarantee a future) and even the promise itself is something we have incorporated, we make a deliberative choice and deliberate how to execute the promise with the will, but what makes it drive toward the promise has already occured before we become aware of such a drive.

We are eternal latecomers to the present.

09-18-2017, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 07:06 AM by waechter418.)

Mind can manipulate itself into the present.
09-18-2017, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 07:58 PM by Doctor Nocturnal.)
the following, is just my theory and crazy opinion.

i feel like the reason earth needs humans, is because we are the most advanced meat skeleton that moves upon land, when it comes to "conscious capacity"

dolphins and orcas carry plenty, maybe more conscious than us, but they cant walk.

earth is very big, but earth cant see itself. but it uses our conscious to feel.

i have always felt that emotion is a key element of conscious. it is the synapse, which is the bridge. Mother is a lonely river, Father is a bitter road. But the bridge loves them both. The bridge doesnt want to fall to harm the beast, because it would also dam the river. Not fact, but it was said for an understanding of the gist.

love and hate dont agree, like fire and water, positive and negative, north and south. This creates the electricity which creates weather inside this atmosphere. Our eyes are of this earth, this is how she see's. Our souls are only a lease.

Rain = R pAIN
Emotion = Electric Ocean

all is fair in Love.And.War, thats LAW

copper is blue and green
iron is red and black

copper makes magnetic fields, magnetic fields make iron hot
the hotter iron gets, the less magnetic it becomes.

earth is molten iron at the core

volcanoes relief pressure.

Humans are a medicine earth is currently on. because we are like an anti inflammatory. we drill holes, for water and oil. anyone ever think about what happens if we let that oil clot up and meet the iron at the core? boom.

I feel as if the Grid.Of.Delegation is only the boss. The boss lays down the objective. We define the details. Our conscious is the co-creator. I feel that conscious has a set size, and the more we breed, the more we spread conscious out. We share it...This explains why our brain uses 90% for RAM storage. Which is used by our beast. We call it instincts. The beast can only compute and chose according to stats favorable for self survival. But we need the beast as our platform. Because we are at work. Temporarily trapped in a walking meat skeleton which runs on 5 volts of electricity. An organic robot that has metal flowing through its blood in order to transmit signals to move around. Ions, Electo-Lights.

trees and rivers look similar. They have the same look lightning has if you were to give it a body. The Sun sends electric radiation to the earth. Our atmosphere of dust equally distributes the light, when its cloudy and rain falls, electricity still finds its way down through the Arc. Thanks parable Noah.The moon is our taxi, waiting on our souls to get off work. Father Earth, Sunny Son, and Mommy Moon. The Trinity.

AND.... I also believe in a bunch of other crazy shit. Drugs are miracle grow for imagination, imagination is conscious on vacation. fear is the worst part of creativity which is contagious through the eyes.

(09-02-2017 09:26 PM)Ontical Wrote:  I would argue that rationality is but a film over what we know as reality and experience. Some people are more ordered and can fulfill promises than others, but the irrational side of being has as much, if not MORE say in our thoughts and actions than we often think. Sometimes our own drives, desires, emotions etc, can intervene in themselves when attempting to fulfill a promise (guarantee a future) and even the promise itself is something we have incorporated, we make a deliberative choice and deliberate how to execute the promise with the will, but what makes it drive toward the promise has already occured before we become aware of such a drive.

Love it.....

a film over water spreads out. a gas that thinks its a liquid. thinks its real. which it is, but only for an ity bit of time. re-al ity. Real is Re-All which explains why we are latecomers. But we are good at getting in where we fitten to end. some souls will taste great at all temperatures served. some will have to be cooked longer. but all will be ground up, and all will meat again =)

as far as what you speak of promises and drives, it definitely throws more parts in the mix when it comes to building my ever growing, always altered ,re-altered, and repaired opinion. =)
09-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Mind is also the home of imagination Angel
10-05-2017, 06:40 PM
We are latecomers because we often privilege speech and action over thought, but more than this (metaphysical opposition time) there is a space prior to these that we could term non-thought, reflex etc.

10-07-2017, 09:32 AM
(10-05-2017 06:40 PM)Ontical Wrote:  We are latecomers because we often privilege speech and action over thought, but more than this (metaphysical opposition time) there is a space prior to these that we could term non-thought, reflex etc.

"Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."
Zenrin Kushû

"Speech is blasphemy, silence a lie. Above speech and silence there is a way out."
I-tuan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  an obituary of emotions waechter418 1 96 10-27-2017 11:40 AM
Last Post: Scottish_Pride