Poll: Should those of higher mental capacity use those of lower mental capacity?
Yes let’s pu them to good use.
No you shouldn’t take advantage of them just because you can.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling guilty for using useless people.
12-03-2017, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 05:27 PM by Greendragonwolfkin.)
(12-03-2017 02:20 AM)Homicide Wrote:  very intresting topic...

i think even you should treat people like you would like to be treated, i think you can use useless people / unconcious people for gaining things, because if you wouldnt, someone else would, and you can always think you treat them little better than another predator....

and in a way its after all their fault they are dumb and usable, and when you do this, they have better chanches of learning their way out of being useless...

personally i wont judge you of using other people, just leave children alone Smiling

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. And yea I don’t use kids, I try to teach them. In fact I try to educate everybody, but some its better not to try. You make them think what you want them to think, and make them think they came up with it or something along those lines. Actually trying to educate or change a persons opinion can sometimes make the whole thing a lot worse. You can’t let them know it was you that put that thought in their head.

(12-03-2017 02:54 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  My mom got taken advantage of and everything stolen from her and our family (heirlooms included) by a tweaker who masqueraded as a friend; so I would strongly and vehemently say No. It is selfish. To toss others aside and use them for one's own benefit and self-progression while disregarding them is cruel. There is a difference here between levering yourself with others and selfishly using them. You know - selfishness as in the sense of ego-centredness versus "focusing on the Self", which may involve working with others in the process.

In the sense of a "video game", the protagonist does "use" NPCs - but this is not a game: and everyone is their own protagonist in an apparent world of NPCs (solipsism-ish). The level by which a person is "used" by another I would say comes down to the whole primitive "predator/prey" thing - in humans its those who manipulate and use others and others who are used, and perhaps may not be aware that they are. The determinate lies in the individual's discernment.

I do not disregard people’s well-being. I never hurt anyone unless they really deserve it which means I believe they deserve death for their negative effect on the world. Only then would I use them without regard for their well-being.

(12-03-2017 02:48 AM)Arkadius-Rash Wrote:  Dont take advantage of a retard or a kid but anyone else, sure, why not? I like how Wyla put it.
But if you are going to take advantage of someone it should be on equal terms, like do it in a way where you don't need to morally degrade yourself by lying.

I don’t lie. Sometimes I will decide not to tell the whole truth to avoid being judged or to avoid an argument that I don’t have time for, but I always tell the truth to people when it personally concerns or if they deserve to hear it.

(12-03-2017 06:31 AM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  I didn't really mean to be cruel saying npc's nut there are a lot of people in the world that follow the standard mould and aren't really engaged in their own lives. If both come off the better for the interaction I don't see what could be wrong with it :/

Exactly! Sometimes it just takes some extra work to convince people to work with you, and sometimes what you believe is good for them might not be what they believe is good for them. An example would be giving a kid bad tasting medicine.

(12-03-2017 12:53 PM)Scottish_Pride Wrote:  One of the things I strive to do most in life is do things without anyone's help as much as possible. It's a matter of pride, I guess. To me needing assistance suggests that I'm too weak to handle things on my own, and so the manipulation route never became an M.O., so to speak. Having dealt with a sister who was one hell of a manipulative bitch, at least I still learned how not to be played myself.

Although I do have a policy for being a jerk to people or taking without giving back in any way- only do it to people who deserve it. Not people who are "inferior" so to speak, but the very special, nigh-irredeemable pricks of misery out there. The ones who abuse others left and right without a shred of remorse. These people are fair game coz they "treat others how they want to be treated".

Yea my mom is a manipulative bleep too. She lies a whole lot! and has even faked suicide 3 times that I can remember right off the top of my head. I never do any of that $h!t.

(12-03-2017 04:20 PM)Weirdo Wrote:  I voted "no", but I'm sorta tired and listening to this cuter-than-acceptable j-pop music right now, maybe it's just that.

Idk anything about "real" human manipulation and the few times I read about it I felt as if I just got "manipulated" into wasting my time with pseudo-psychology, but it was just intermets so whatever. I know that I've got an unhealthy habit of toying with people, especially the kind of people who keep mistaking me for a very sensitive person. I mean in a way I am pretty sensitive, but that sensitivity led to a deep and seemingly irreversible dislike for all human individuals, I suppose this is what you call misanthropy? The point I was digressing from is, that I often end-up playing along, just to milk them and somehow, even if they find out I seem to have something about me that makes them believe even the most petty excuses. Must be my girly eyelashes or something - Oh don't get me wrong, I really dislike that side of me actually and won't even admit IRL it unless I'm besties with you, that kind of issue, haha. I suppose some people (those whose milk would go to my coffee cup) would probably say that I do have some sort of compassion left within me - I think it's more like vanity. Nobody wants to be that manipulator bitch when there're others around.

It's like picking in the nose: you're only content about it until somebody sees you doing so. I think that's because deep down everybody knows this kinda stuff is pathetic and just shows you can't do [it] yourself.

Interesting.

I'm crazy, getting crazier.. Trying to figure out how things work and what's possible.Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 08:09 PM by TheDragonKing.)
(12-02-2017 03:38 PM)Greendragonwolfkin Wrote:  Do you? Should I? I don’t. Isn’t there a quote somewhere that says something along these lines? “those who can be used should be, and that is the only use for them”.

Just something I’ve been thinking about lately.

I mean I’ve never used anybody at their expense. Only for my benefit, and also for theirs most of the time. Some people just can’t think for themselves though. They are no good for anybody, and most of the time the end up doing a lot of harm to them selves and others because they try to accomplish tasks that require someone of a much higher mental capacity. So I will sometimes put them to good use in a place of mutual benefit instead of just letting them wander around like the bumbling fools (they are). I kinda think of it as a kind of mental hierarchy.

Discuss lol.

This isn't much of a discussion because it doesn't make sense. How exactly do you intend to use people? You cannot just simply tell people what to do unless you have a position to do so. Such as, you may be a Manager at a company, so possess sufficient influence to get people to do things for you. But if you lack that type of influence, then you will encounter resistance.

[Image: usermedia.php?uo=uW4M4OjFxsZfoRhUf%2FqvSIh4l5k2TGxc]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to control large groups of people AnonALion 16 5,274 08-13-2016 10:02 AM
Last Post: Tera
  How to win friends and influence people. Daemonsic 1 1,468 01-30-2013 06:35 AM
Last Post: ZozoDeMeo
  Do you think it's morally wrong to Manipulate people? United States of America 102 15,247 11-18-2012 06:28 AM
Last Post: Bo.