Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flying ointments
12-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Do you use them? What is your favorite recipe? What works for you and what almost killed you?

For me, I leave the aconite and belladonna alone now, I stick with dittany, mugwort, and bay. Not traditional, but it works for me.

oh and lets not forget the fat of unchristened infants lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2016, 01:28 PM
I liked these two articles on the topic of flying ointments:
http://sarahannelawless.com/resources/in...ointments/
http://wildspiritherbs.blogspot.com/2009...tment.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Yeah Lawless is quite knowledgeable about them. I tried her flying ointment with aconite and sorely regretted it.
12-25-2016, 03:31 AM
I dont really make ointments but I work with datura and brugmansia often - both scopalamine plants (datura is often used in flying ointments and brugmansia is often called "tree datura" because they are so similar - belladona and mandrake also have scopalamine).

These are dangerous and powerful plants that most people should not work with, but all that being said - they are very easy to work with safely if you stick to smaller amounts and dont chase power or visions with them.... Approach them humbly and carefully instead of with greed and they are very easy to connect with and benefit from.

I dont usually recommend using products made by people you dont know because you dont know the strength of the product and they can really put anything in there, so it is quite dangerous. Much safer to make your own.

Most noticeable effect is one dose will often open up my dreams for weeks afterwards. Crazy lucid dreams.

12-25-2016, 03:43 AM
If airplanes don't satisfy, jetpacks! If drugs don't satisfy, brains!
12-25-2016, 04:03 AM
(12-25-2016 03:31 AM)travsha Wrote:  I dont really make ointments but I work with datura and brugmansia often - both scopalamine plants (datura is often used in flying ointments and brugmansia is often called "tree datura" because they are so similar - belladona and mandrake also have scopalamine).

These are dangerous and powerful plants that most people should not work with, but all that being said - they are very easy to work with safely if you stick to smaller amounts and dont chase power or visions with them.... Approach them humbly and carefully instead of with greed and they are very easy to connect with and benefit from.

I dont usually recommend using products made by people you dont know because you dont know the strength of the product and they can really put anything in there, so it is quite dangerous. Much safer to make your own.

Most noticeable effect is one dose will often open up my dreams for weeks afterwards. Crazy lucid dreams.

You got that right, I hear Lawless is rather liberal and irregular with her poisons. Bay works wonders for me, though I couldn't tell you why.
12-25-2016, 04:06 AM
Bay has a strong energy. I work with another plant called coca from South America, and some people I know when they cannot get coca will use Bay - it is a very powerful plant actually. Plants dont have to be psychedelic to have a profound effect on you.

12-25-2016, 05:27 AM
(12-24-2016 12:30 PM)Elysium Mons Wrote:  Do you use them? What is your favorite recipe? What works for you and what almost killed you?

For me, I leave the aconite and belladonna alone now, I stick with dittany, mugwort, and bay. Not traditional, but it works for me.

oh and lets not forget the fat of unchristened infants lol

So you make an ointment with those herbs together or separate?

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
12-25-2016, 05:38 AM
(12-25-2016 05:27 AM)Ryen Wrote:  So you make an ointment with those herbs together or separate?

There are different recipes but generally the flying ointment is a combo of nightshades which often contain the alkaloids atropine, hyoscyamine and scopolamine.... These plants are psychoactive and potentially deadly.

12-25-2016, 08:21 AM
(12-25-2016 05:38 AM)travsha Wrote:  
(12-25-2016 05:27 AM)Ryen Wrote:  So you make an ointment with those herbs together or separate?

There are different recipes but generally the flying ointment is a combo of nightshades which often contain the alkaloids atropine, hyoscyamine and scopolamine.... These plants are psychoactive and potentially deadly.

Sorry, my question was worded pretty shitty. I'm aware of what a flying ointment is. I was asking Elysium if she made an ointment out of dittany, mugwort, and bay. Those are not psychoactive like nightshades so I was just curious what she did with the herbs.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Witch's (Flying) Ointment swordofapostasy 35 4,415 05-12-2014 04:41 PM
Last Post: Emrys