Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foraways from Christianity
09-13-2017, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 11:39 PM by jackson.)
My family was never overly Christian. I went to Church a bit when I was a child, and it wasn't really an issue for me until I had to reflect on it at thirteen, when I first started reading into Occultism, which of course has a Judeo-Christian base.
The problem with Christianity then of course, was that I am bi/gay. I still attended teen Pizza night without any thought to the religion.

Stiil, had to dredge through a bunch of the higher quality New Age crap of the time, and ultimately I simply stopped believing in Chrstianity, so that it wasn't an issue.
I got into the Fourth Way and Chinese philosophy, and participated in a couple fourth way groups from 20-24.

I enjoyed my Fourth Way groups. But they and Chinese philosophy only really accentuated a sense of lack of self and disconnection from the world.
Christianity only really came up for me again from working with occultism again, recently, accepting aspects of the LHP, and considering Paganism, perhaps Hecate, as a means to try and make progress.

What I didn't anticipate is that my foreays away Christianity, at any level, "radically" (well, for me) altering my psychology. While I would say, interacting with my trans side last year (at 26), first got me back into relating with myself, the same could be said more for my LHP and Pagan foray lately.

While I can't say I agree with all of LHP, not all of it is "sinister" oriented either. Starting work with 'demons', though I can only feel something and not see or hear them, and (somewhat inadvertently) relating with Paganism, has deepened my sense of self and relation with the greater world practically overnight.

Naturally, I'm requesting comments book suggestions on either. And yes, I am familiar with Michael Ford, and like him though he's not my first choice (unless someone's going to say "yes definitely, I made a lot of progress through such and such book"). Michael Alan's Smiths initiatory material, which is reputed for ease of contact, is sparse, though there's more material on Hecate out there. I learned about Troy Books from here and will be looking into that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2017, 03:21 AM
Hm, a problem might be that you're looking at Christianity as a shallow 'other' rather than perceiving through the proper occult lens. Check out my FateGodAngels thread in the general sub.
09-13-2017, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 10:47 AM by jackson.)
(09-13-2017 03:21 AM)Zhor Wrote:  Hm, a problem might be that you're looking at Christianity as a shallow 'other' rather than perceiving through the proper occult lens. Check out my FateGodAngels thread in the general sub.

Your thread says something to the effect of attributing occurrences to the big other, i.e. Jahova.
Astrology attributes it to the planets, which are at least a little closer.

I can certainly act monotheist in occult practice, but I don't really feel the psychological benefits of relating this way with the world anymore. Jahova isn't "life itself"; it's distant, abstract, empyrean, depersonalized, and I feel depersonalized relating with it. If the "source" is high spirit, it is low spirit also. I can relate with gods, but they might as well be closer to home.

If you have occultism relating with ain soph aur itself, well, I'd be interested to hear that. But I'm not really sure I need to be "harvested" off to another world anymore. Part of me can remain here. Perhaps in the woods.

As for "low-level chthonic entities" (oh no), I am more energized, balanced, and have more will and a deeper sense of self for working with them.
09-13-2017, 12:11 PM
There really isn't a lot on Hekate, I know because I have searched and searched, most of the books I have found are by David Rankine and Sorita d'Este.

John J. Coughlin's "Out of the Shadows" is an excellent read on Dark Paganism, and I mean Dark Paganism and not simply nocturnal Wicca like Konstantinos' Nocturnal Witchcraft series (which are still good books in my opinion). "Wtchcraft: Theory an Practice" by Ly De Angeles is one of my favorites.

"Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers is a good treatise, and so is "Raising Hell" by Robert Masello. They are both books on the history of the Black Arts, the former a modern history and the latter based more on the antiquated grimoire tradition.

If you want more practical magic, in essay form and not in 101 spell book type, I suggest "Khaos Punk" by Nathanial J Harris, and "Master Works of Chaos Magic" by Adam Blackthorne. "The Apophenion" by Peter J Carroll is also excellent, but a little more theoretical. Finally, if you are into the Cthulu Mythos, "The Pseudonomicon" by Phil Hine is a hands on chap book on such magic.

"There is something inherently magical about breath and light and balls of energy." Adam Blackthorne

I am an amorphous sigil of beingless ecstasy, I am a spell cast by blind idiots shot through my Fathers Wand into my Mothers Chalice. I am a slave created to set myself free.
09-13-2017, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 10:46 AM by jackson.)
(09-13-2017 12:11 PM)Unlien Wrote:  There really isn't a lot on Hekate, I know because I have searched and searched, most of the books I have found are by David Rankine and Sorita d'Este.
No, though there is a decent enough amount of material for propitiating and trying to get in contact with her.
A lot of pagans would say "here, read about such and such god". I need actual invocations, and ideally systems that might advance my occult work.

(09-13-2017 12:11 PM)Unlien Wrote:  John J. Coughlin's "Out of the Shadows" is an excellent read on Dark Paganism, and I mean Dark Paganism and not simply nocturnal Wicca like Konstantinos' Nocturnal Witchcraft series (which are still good books in my opinion). "Wtchcraft: Theory an Practice" by Ly De Angeles is one of my favorites.
He seems a good writer for his... somewhat basic work centering on goth culture. I'll see if he has any additional material.

Personally I relate with the yin aspect of nature (or myself). I just needed to better integrate it. I work with (:feel) chtonic entities, but I don't actually consider it desirable for me too embody it (re "darkness": gothic-vampiric) apart from the former. I'd just assume pursue more connection with the cosmos as I would LHP individuation.

I have Lords of the Left Hand Path. I'll give the others a look even though I'm not really a Chaote.
09-14-2017, 03:34 AM
That sounds interesting, this is almost my path, except in reverse, lol.
09-14-2017, 03:41 AM
(09-13-2017 11:29 PM)jackson Wrote:  
(09-13-2017 12:11 PM)Unlien Wrote:  There really isn't a lot on Hekate, I know because I have searched and searched, most of the books I have found are by David Rankine and Sorita d'Este.
No, though there is a decent enough amount of material for propitiating and trying to get in contact with her.
A lot of pagans would say "here, read about such and such god". I need actual invocations, and ideally systems that might advance my occult work.

Just use any method that suits you to get your first contact to her, then she comes as goes with you to places Wink
she has crazy fuckin range of things you can push with her, definetly worth of contacting.

Prince of Earth
09-14-2017, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 03:53 AM by jackson.)
(09-14-2017 03:41 AM)Homicide Wrote:  Just use any method that suits you to get your first contact to her, then she comes as goes with you to places Wink
she has crazy fuckin range of things you can push with her, definetly worth of contacting.

I appreciate your reinforcement. I recently tried VK Jehannum's invocations of her and felt the difference. Though I'll have to do that a bit more.
I'm just studying a bit and waiting on an ex-priestess associate before I jump into a devotional practice.
09-14-2017, 03:51 AM
(09-14-2017 03:48 AM)jackson Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 03:41 AM)Homicide Wrote:  Just use any method that suits you to get your first contact to her, then she comes as goes with you to places Wink

I appreciate your reinforcement. I recently tried VK Jehannum's invocations of her and felt the difference. Though I'll have to do that a bit more.

If you already have connection with her, try freeform meditation, just take or tell her to take you somewhere in astral Tounge she has different aspects Tounge

Prince of Earth
09-14-2017, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 03:53 AM by jackson.)
(09-14-2017 03:51 AM)Homicide Wrote:  If you already have connection with her, try freeform meditation, just take or tell her to take you somewhere in astral Tounge she has different aspects Tounge

That'd be probably be out of my range, but ok.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So, is Christianity a form of magick / occultism? Zoom1 29 1,508 05-23-2017 08:09 PM
Last Post: Santero
  Question About Christianity The God-King 275 14,571 02-20-2017 09:23 PM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Reconciling alternative beliefs and their basis in Catholicism/Christianity? Draca 11 800 09-23-2016 12:06 AM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Questions on Christianity for Occultists Warcloud 34 3,044 05-20-2016 09:41 PM
Last Post: Warcloud
  African Diasporic Christianity vs. European Christianity amxha 60 3,370 03-30-2016 01:26 PM
Last Post: amxha