Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOD ..... The DESTROYER!
03-23-2016, 03:44 AM
You know, I noticed this a lot when I was a sheepy Christian and then I looked at a lot of other religions as well. Damn... God is a friggin hateful ass.

I find these vids rather entertaining:

But in all seriousness from the onset to Puritans to perhaps even Islam and others of today; God in all forms just isn't a nice guy.

So, working with such a being might be utter folly. I can't see how one would work with it or its messengers if there is such wrath and destruction in its being. I mean... maybe if it'd pass some of that on to a mortal... then I could work with it. I doubt that would happen though. Someone needs to take that thing down a notch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2016, 03:45 AM
I doubt God cares.

Card reader, pm me if interested.
03-23-2016, 03:50 AM
Good lord those people do a lot of videos for atheists. Makes me wonder though...
03-23-2016, 03:51 AM
I believe he isn't still around.
03-23-2016, 03:54 AM
That's a common thread in any religion where the top dog pulls away after spooging his load of creation. Maybe its a massive nap or dies like a spider and everything just is. Of course not every myth is like that. When a civilization dies so does the myth. Wonder when our current ones will be destroyed. I'd venture when civilization as a whole either dies or falls into a dark age and we become monkey men again. Back to Animism.
03-23-2016, 03:57 AM
Well i personally believe that god formed out of the source of all did his thing then returned to his place as raw power, but who knows right.
03-23-2016, 04:03 AM
If anything and everything is correct in its own right then you're right; as is everyone else. Bloody paradox it be but always personal for thee.

I know there will be people who say NO its like this and that according to this and that. It is written here and there and everywhere. I do not like it just like this. It is not such an easy fix. Blah blah green eggs and ham.

Philosophy is an individuals pursuit. In the end I prefer to be entertained and construct my own thoughts but sometimes others have insights and agendas that are rather great to peruse.
03-23-2016, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 08:22 PM by Leial.)
Hello im new here but from my experience and from my perspective ill try to answer ur question . I dont know if im correct but ur question is Why is GOD The Destroyer ( why does he destroys ) maybe im wrong about ur question but if that is ur question or somethink similarly this is my answer.

Answer : It depends on what God do you mean for me there is only one God Abrahamic God im ( Christian ).

First lets get what does Kill means ? The Hebrew word for “kill” used in the commandment “Thou shalt not kill” really means murder — or to kill unlawfully and with wicked intent.

Jesus Christ quoted it in this way in Matthew 19:18: “You shall not murder.” God never murders. (Revelation 22:15 says that murderers will be cast into the lake of fire!)

However, the Bible includes many instances in which it was necessary for God to justly end a life. At times, He also condoned His people killing other people, especially to defend themselves from enemies that were bent on destroying them. That is not murder.

God is not only full of mercy, He is also perfectly just. We can trust Him to deal rightly with every person.

Of course, we find a lot of other killing in the Old Testament. This does not mean that God endorsed every instance. Rather, what we read in the Bible is simply an honest historical account of what happened after sin entered this world.When God created man and woman, He made them happy, good, and perfect. He had plans for the earth to be a place of eternal peace and harmony. Unfortunately, Satan introduced the deadly cancer of sin after enticing Adam and Eve to disobey God’s Word. Because they followed Satan’s ideas instead of God’s, death came into our world. Since that time, there has been a lot of killing, death, and sadness. This isnt right example to give you but ill still try. Imagine if u have parents ( father,mother ) and they told you dont eat that fruit its dangerous and some guy comes and tells you eat this fruit is good would you rather listen to your parents or to some guy who you just meet ? Think about it. If u had child who dont obey you and who doesnt listen to anythink u say how would u fell . Anyway God is merciful and he wanted best for us. But anyway we fall in sin . Yet we also know that Jesus came to save life, not to destroy it. “The Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them” (Luke 9:56 NKJV). It is sin that really brings death. (Read James 1:15.) The good news is that in the new earth, there will be no more death, sorrow, or crying. Read Revelation 21:4 for that wonderful promise!
If you think Muslim and Christian God are same Gods than you are wrong . But everyone has examples and believe system they want to believe,everyone has free will . For my belief i dont have to go in detailes only think i have to say is im Christian and I believe in One True God . And thats not Allah ( imaginary God ) who came from human mind....

Difference between True God and False imaginary God are clear you have to be and have very much of ignorant to not see it or you just didnt study very much .

This is somethink from Quaran ( imaginary God ) (no offense to any muslim here if he is everyone has freewill )

Quotes from the Quran/Koran

“Let not the unbelievers think they will ever get away. They have not the power so to do. Muster against them all the men and cavalry at your command, so that you may strike terror into the enemy of Allah and your enemy…” Quran 8:59-60 ( this cant be word from true God this can be only words from man with evil intentions to my logic and beliefs )

“When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.” Quran 9:5

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another…” Quran 5:51

“Muhammad is God’s apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.” Quran 48:29

“The unbelievers among the People of the Book [Bible] and the pagans shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.” Quran 98:6

“I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.” Quran 8:12

And now go read bible ( Old and New Teastment ) you will see clear differences . If you believe in more Gods that i guess u can assume which one is the destroyer and which one isnt . So if ur not muslim according to Quaran muslim should strike our heads off and strike off very tips of ur fingers and much more ....

And in Bible is said very clear Thour shall not kill I dont have time to put correct word from Bible itself now but you can easily found that on internet or in real life . So this is clear difference from my perspctive and belief that there is One God True God creatore of everythink and everyone . From ur perspective if u believe or did believe there is One God and u put Chrstian + Islam together ur wrong . You said But in all seriousness from the onset to Puritans to perhaps even Islam and others of today; God in all forms just isn't a nice guy. I dont have 100% proof but you can see that you put God from Christianity and God from Islam in same league. Some Christian can be murders same as some muslims but difference is in Bible it doesnt say Christian need to kill non believers cuz they dont believe in same God ( or somethink else ) Well in Quaran you can see difference . Read Bible than Read Quaran if you already didnt. Or read Quaran Than Bible you will see that in Quaran everythink is opposite to Bible you dont need to have IQ 160 to notice that but if you dont notice it than i really cant help you out . There is clear difference here . Thanks for reading and ur time I gave myself some time to write this so i hope it wont be for nothing ...
From this point if u believe there is more Gods ( which i dont ) i hope you wont put again Gods in same league cuz they really arent... and its just wrong but its ur choice and its ur own will again thanks for reading . I just wanted to express what i believe is right and proof that are clear its just right . Peace . Angel
03-23-2016, 10:45 PM
In the immortal words of Beelzeboss, 'YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING LAME!'

First off, none of the bible is to be taken at face value. Most of the true parts that weren't corrupted by the authors are symbolic and allegorical, and all others are completely untrustworthy, because they were written by bronze age idiots. How does one separate the true from the false? Simple. Apply it objectively to reality. If it works and is universal, then it's true. If it's situational, it's man-made. Man brands his own deeds as God's, and that's how strife and hatred among the internetz is born.

Secondly, God isn't 'full of mercy' or any of that bullshit. God is the ur-essence, the highest power of all, unique for every of its observers, and all-encompassing. Being that it's all encompassing, it can't be purely merciful, since then it couldn't be severe, and vice-versa. It is not a mix of the two either, it is both and neither simultaneously. When the prophet Mohammed prophesied his god 'AL LA', many took that as its real name. It would be more correct to state that God's name is 'LA AL', meaning 'no god' in arabic. This is so beautiful and symbolic. God is no god, because if he took form as anything, then it would be limited, since it wouldn't have the power of its opposite.

Now, if God is neither merciful nor severe in their absolutes, then why do so many people choose to pursue it? Simply because we humans, as existent things, have will and desire. To accomplish that desire is to rise in power, and to rise in power means to shed all shells that cloud your true self, and unite with God. All beings are to do so, and unite with each other in love of their own will, which is love of God, which is power.

Why have a will? For will's sake. For love's sake. To have a chance at union. Will exists independent, ever striving towards its creator, ever rising in power, existing infinite in all planes and dimensions.

Got that?
03-24-2016, 12:16 AM
Everyone has belief to choose and to see which suit tham better... People will usually choose belief which offers tham more wealth,power and so on... I already choose one and i know which one it is .