Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOD ..... The DESTROYER!
04-19-2016, 02:31 PM
The God of the old testemant accepted baby sacrifice. Its a god of death. Doesn't matter if he doesn't do it anymore due to the 'perfect sacrifice' of Jesus. No God of murder is one I care for unless of course the murder is justified.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 11:10 PM
(04-19-2016 02:31 PM)Seekeroftruth123 Wrote:  The God of the old testemant accepted baby sacrifice. Its a god of death. Doesn't matter if he doesn't do it anymore due to the 'perfect sacrifice' of Jesus. No God of murder is one I care for unless of course the murder is justified.

I know its old post but can u give me some verse from that book about baby sacrifice never heard anythink about it ?
05-04-2016, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 03:37 AM by Seekeroftruth123.)
Ezekiel 20:25-26

25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the Lord.

* Yaweh gives man laws that he admits they could not follow. He then kills their babies so that they will fear him.

Exodus 12:29-30

29 Now it came about at midnight that the Lord struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of cattle.

30 Pharaoh arose in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians, and there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was no home where there was not someone dead.

*Cant forget this one. ^^^ It's safe to assume at least some of them were babies and young children.

There are countless other unjustified ritual murders in the bible but usually it simply says 'sons'. It can't be proven that in all those verses of the bible that the sons were babies but it would have commonly been so. Back in the day babies and children were preferred as sacrafices because they were pure and innocent. First born, especially male were considered the the most acceptable sacrafice.
05-04-2016, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 03:28 AM by Searcher.)
(05-04-2016 03:18 AM)Seekeroftruth123 Wrote:  Ezekiel 20:25-26

25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the Lord.

Exodus 12:29-30

29 Now it came about at midnight that the Lord struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of cattle.

30 Pharaoh arose in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians, and there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was no home where there was not someone dead.

I like,love Abrahamic God.
05-04-2016, 03:37 AM
Why is that?
05-04-2016, 03:44 AM
(05-04-2016 03:37 AM)Seekeroftruth123 Wrote:  Why is that?

Because he promotes justice.
05-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Justice means punishing only thoses who deserve it... Not the uninvolved innocents.
05-04-2016, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 04:35 PM by Searcher.)
(05-04-2016 11:23 AM)Seekeroftruth123 Wrote:  Justice means punishing only thoses who deserve it... Not the uninvolved innocents.

I think we have different views of what justice really is.

A basic knowledge of Canaanite culture reveals its inherent moral wickedness. The Canaanites were a brutal, aggressive people who engaged in bestiality, incest, and even child sacrifice. Deviant sexual acts were the norm. The Canaanites’ sin was so repellent that God said, “The land vomited out its inhabitants” (Leviticus 18:25). Even so, the destruction was directed more at the Canaanite religion (Deuteronomy 7:3–5,12:2-3) than at the Canaanite people per se. The judgment was not ethnically motivated. Individual Canaanites, like Rahab in Jericho, could still find that mercy follows repentance (Joshua 2). God's desire is that the wicked turn from their sin rather than die (Ezekiel 18:31-32, 33:11).

Besides dealing with national sins, God used the conquest of Canaan to create a religious/historical context in which He could eventually introduce the Messiah to the world. This Messiah would bring salvation not only to Israel, but also to Israel’s enemies, including Canaan (Psalm 87:4-6; Mark 7:25–30).

It must be remembered that God gave the Canaanite people more than sufficient time to repent of their evil ways—over 400 years (Genesis 15:13–16)! The book of Hebrews tells us that the Canaanites were “disobedient,” which implies moral culpability on their part (Hebrews 11:31). The Canaanites were aware of God's power (Joshua 2:10–11; 9:9) and could have sought repentance. Except in rare instances, they continued their rebellion against God until the bitter end.

But didn’t God also command the Israelites to kill non-combatants? The biblical record is clear that He did. Here again, we must remember that, while it is true the Canaanite women did not fight, this in no way means they were innocent, as their seductive behavior in Numbers 25 indicates (Numbers 25:1–3). However, the question still remains: what about the children? This is not an easy question to answer, but we must keep several things in mind. First, no human person (including infants) is truly innocent. The Scripture teaches that we are all born in sin (Psalm 51:5; 58:3). This implies that all people are morally culpable for Adam’s sin in some way. Infants are just as condemned from sin as adults are.

Second, God is sovereign over all of life and can take it whenever He sees fit. God and God alone can give life, and God alone has the right to take it whenever He so chooses. In fact, He ultimately takes every person's life at death. It is not our life to begin with but God’s. While it is wrong for us to take a life, except in instances of capital punishment, war, and self-defense, this does not mean that it is wrong for God to do so. We intuitively recognize this when we accuse some person or authority who takes human life as "playing God." God is under no obligation to extend anyone's life for even another day. How and when we die is completely up to Him.

Third, an argument could be made that it would have been cruel for God to take the lives of all the Canaanites except the infants and children. Without the protection and support of their parents, the infants and small children were likely to face death anyway due to starvation. The chances of survival for an orphan in the ancient Near East were not good.

Finally, and most importantly, God may have provided for the salvation for those infants who would not have otherwise attained salvation if they had lived into adulthood. We must remember that the Canaanites were a barbarous and evil culture. If those infants and children had lived into adulthood, it is very likely they would have turned into something similar to their parents and been condemned to hell after they died. If all infants and young children who die before an age of moral accountability go straight to heaven (as we believe), then those children are in a far better place than if God had allowed them to live and grow to maturity in a depraved culture.

Surely, the issue of God commanding violence in the Old Testament is difficult. However, we must remember that God sees things from an eternal perspective, and His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8–9). The apostle Paul tells us that God is both kind and severe (Romans 11:22). While it is true that God's holy character demands that sin be punished, His grace and mercy remain extended to those who are willing to repent and be saved. The Canaanite destruction provides us with a sober reminder that, while our God is gracious and merciful, He is also a God of holiness and wrath.
05-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Bro

Don't preach

The spirits are indeed higher then us but in the end it's our life, soul etc.

Second justice isn't punishing children
Condoning slavery
Condoning rape
Condoning the murder of children

We can say that was then blah blah but even if we go by the bible the actions are unjustified

I provide card reading services of all kinds, pm me with your questions and needs.
05-05-2016, 01:10 AM
I'm with Mider here- that is hardly justice. A ruler who makes one law for themselves and another for their people isn't superior, they're a tyrant. It is extremely difficult to try and judge an alien intelligence from human standards, but most spirits are not actually all that alien. If Yahweh really wanted a healthy relationship with humanity, there would be a lot less mass killing and rigged ritual laws.

Now, Yahweh isn't the only spirit serving as a basis for the literary figure many people call God. El is another, and in my humble opinion El is far more worthy of respect than Yahweh. We know so little of the original stories, but what's there is fascinating.