Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Getting Started with Solomonic Evocation
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
For those who are interesting in beginning the rigorous art of Solomonic Evocation I've decided to write up a "getting started" thread of sorts. I've provided links to where you can buy most if not all of the tools required. Please keep in mind this is not a cheap endeavor. It took me a little over a year to purchase all the tools I now have. I'll try to keep it to the bare minimum tools required. If you find a grimoire that requires more (which will happen) you'll have to purchase those items to use that particular girmoire.

The Tools

These are the tools of the art. I've provided links after the descriptions for purchase.

The Circle of Solomon: Also known as the "Circle of Art". This is a circle of generally 9 feet in circumference and is filled with sigils, seals of protection and names of angels and some sacred names of God. You can purchase one here, they come in both 6 and 9 feet:

http://enochian.org/tools.shtml#9footcircle

The Triangle of Art: This is the place where you will command the spirit to enter during the conjurations recited during evocations. If the spirit is not contained within the Triangle they may become unruly and uncontrollable:

http://enochian.org/tools.shtml#woodtriangle

The Sword: This is used to control spirits during the evocation ritual and is inscribed with sacred names:

http://enochian.org/tools.shtml#sword2

The Ring of Solomon: Used primarily for protection and exercising your will over the spirit:

http://enochian.org/tools.shtml#goldringsolomon

The above are just the bare minimum of what is required. Each grimoire will have their own requirements. Most can be purchased from the website above. Now for the grimoires.

The Grimoires

These are the books which you will practice from. They contain the ritual layout for performing the evocation. Everything from the tools to the set up to the names, descriptions and seals of the spirits to the conjurations needed to compel them to appear. The only thing they lack is information. The grimoires of old were never meant to be published so they don't come with a history of evocation or the importance of a specific item or precautions to take or any information like that. I will, however, post links to books that fill that void.

The Goetia: The mother of them all, start with the beginning, the original. Part of the Key of Solomon and purported to be written by King Solomon, "the founder" of this Art. It contains the names, descriptions, seals and conjurations of the 72 demons of the Goetia:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Goetia-Lemeget...390&sr=8-2

The Key of Solomon: King Solomon instructs his disciples in incantations that summon and master the spirits. The process of summoning these beings illustrates the extraordinary complexity of Western ritual magic - choosing a time and place; preliminary prayers; fasting and preparations; as well as the need for magical equipment, robes, and trappings:

http://www.amazon.com/Solomon-King-Mathe...90&sr=8-11

The Heptameron: This grimoire I consider to be the easiest of them all. It only requires the minimum tools and teaches the conjurations to evoke the aerial spirits:

http://www.bookarts.org/catalogue.html (scroll down, it's the second book down)

The Black Dragon: The grimoire I primarily work from and nearly impossible to find on it's own (you have to buy it binded to the Enchiridion of Pope Leo III called the Crossed Keys). This grimoire lays out the ritual to evoke the four Princes of Hell physical appearance (I modify it for visible appearances in the Triangle of Art) and also comes with a copy of the Black Hen and the Hand of Glory mini grimoires as well as a plethora of dark spells:

http://scarletimprint.com/crossedkeys.htm

The following books contain detailed explanations on how to use the grimoires and how to work with them and are from renowned occult authors and practicing magicians. I won't write descriptions, they can be read on Amazon:

The Book of Solomon's Magic:: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Solomons-Magi...-2-catcorr

Ceremonial Magic & The Power of Evocation: http://www.amazon.com/Ceremonial-Magic-T...098&sr=1-2

The Practice of Magical Evocation: http://www.amazon.com/Practice-Magical-E...098&sr=1-6

Please note that this is just a "getting started" thread. The tools listed are only the bare minimum, the grimoires listed are just a small sample of the hundreds that are out there and the modern grimoires listed are just a few of many that give the details the classical ones left out. This is not a "be all-end all" thread, just a starting point for those who are interested in getting involved with this art. Good luck and I'm happy to answer any questions.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Hmm, this looks like you need a lot of things to get started, maybe I was more serious I might get into this kind of stuff.
But anyways it looks like it can have some cool results.
Nice tutorial.

[Image: iv9UJPDq60IX5.png]
04-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Isn't it easier to make your own stuff?
And... well, cheaper?
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
That circle is at $400! That's alot, maybe if it were less & I can buy it near me that'd be way easier.

[Image: kkiwMyF.jpg?1]
04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
(04-26-2012 08:23 AM)Unknown Wrote:  Isn't it easier to make your own stuff?
And... well, cheaper?

The word "easy" is subjective.

But yes, evocation is expensive and does require a lot of things. Hence why I am an energy worker, rather than an evoker.
04-26-2012, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2012 08:41 AM by The God-King.)
And... well, cheaper?

Depends. If you are a skilled blacksmith I'd say "sure, make your own sword". If you're a skilled artist and seamstress I'd say "sure, stitch your own Circle of Art or draw it out on your basement floor". But most people are not. So in my case it was easier to just buy the items.

(04-26-2012 08:29 AM)Numb Wrote:  That circle is at $400! That's alot, maybe if it were less & I can buy it near me that'd be way easier.

Evocation is not a cheap endeavor. I think now that people can see that the tools really do cost a butt load it puts evocation into perspective.

04-26-2012, 12:32 PM
(04-26-2012 08:39 AM)The God-King Wrote:  
And... well, cheaper?

Depends. If you are a skilled blacksmith I'd say "sure, make your own sword". If you're a skilled artist and seamstress I'd say "sure, stitch your own Circle of Art or draw it out on your basement floor". But most people are not. So in my case it was easier to just buy the items.

(04-26-2012 08:29 AM)Numb Wrote:  That circle is at $400! That's alot, maybe if it were less & I can buy it near me that'd be way easier.

Evocation is not a cheap endeavor. I think now that people can see that the tools really do cost a butt load it puts evocation into perspective.
I am a skilled blacksmith. Sword is easy for me.
I've made a traditional Katana before from Jpanese tamahagane.
As for stihcing it, I'm not a streamstress, nor an artist, but how hard is drawing the cirlce on my basement floor in chalk or something?
Surely with a bit of patience and some good o'l geometry, it won't be too hard....
04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
(04-26-2012 12:32 PM)Unknown Wrote:  I am a skilled blacksmith. Sword is easy for me.
As for stihcing it, I'm not a streamstress, nor an artist, but how hard is drawing the cirlce on my basement floor in chalk or something?
Surely with a bit of patience and some good o'l geometry, it won't be too hard....

Then go for it. Just make sure everything you draw out is EXACTLY as the grimoire you use instructs. One tiny mistake would mean a failed evocation. That is why I prefer to buy mine pre-made from a practicing professional and magus. Also I share an apartment with my roommates during the week and go home during the weekends so I really have no place to permanently draw out a Circle of Art.

04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
(04-26-2012 09:25 PM)The God-King Wrote:  
(04-26-2012 12:32 PM)Unknown Wrote:  I am a skilled blacksmith. Sword is easy for me.

Then go for it. Just make sure everything you draw out is EXACTLY as the grimoire you use instructs. One tiny mistake would mean a failed evocation. That is why I prefer to buy mine pre-made from a practicing professional and magus. Also I share an apartment with my roommates during the week and go home during the weekends so I really have no place to permanently draw out a Circle of Art.

Just put all your occultic stuff in your apartment, and cover their beds and shit in blood pentagrams. Bet you they'll be scared shitless and wonder what form of insanity you are suffering from. Throw in a goat's head for extra points. Just make it look as stereotypically "satanic" as possible. Mumble about how Lucifer is lord every so often. It'll scare then right out.
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
(04-27-2012 08:25 AM)Unknown Wrote:  Just put all your occultic stuff in your apartment, and cover their beds and shit in blood pentagrams. Bet you they'll be scared shitless and wonder what form of insanity you are suffering from. Throw in a goat's head for extra points. Just make it look as stereotypically "satanic" as possible. Mumble about how Lucifer is lord every so often. It'll scare then right out.

My friends know that I practice magic and evocation, while they are mesmerized by it they don't think I'm crazy or anything. And I wouldn't do that, we all pay rent there and they have a say in everything that goes on in the apartment. Even if they agreed to let me draw out a Circle of Art on the ground, there isn't enough space to set up a full blown evocation area. Too much furniture and not enough space to move it around. I do have a storage room behind my closet at home (my parents house) and I keep all my ritual items in there, but it's carpeted so I can't draw anything out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gremory Evocation and Results TR109 15 429 02-19-2017 03:31 AM
Last Post: amxha
  Dantalion and King Paimon Evocation TR109 1 113 02-18-2017 04:27 AM
Last Post: amxha
  The Ultimate Evocation Tutorial The God-King 612 56,575 02-17-2017 08:46 PM
Last Post: Rizla
  Getting Started With MODERN Evocation. The God-King 12 3,590 02-17-2017 07:14 AM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Koetting's mastering evocation program Angelo 417 74,085 01-29-2017 06:33 PM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra