Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Getting Started with Solomonic Evocation
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2012 12:12 PM by Compulsion.)
Despite the expenses of all the required equipment; I would shit my pants upon seeing/hearing/experiencing a demon. When you first started performing evocation, were you at all scared? If so, did it just require getting used to or are you still scared when performing said evocation?

Staff have been warned. +10% Wink -Compulsion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2012, 09:08 PM
(05-29-2012 12:12 PM)Compulsion Wrote:  Despite the expenses of all the required equipment; I would shit my pants upon seeing/hearing/experiencing a demon. When you first started performing evocation, were you at all scared? If so, did it just require getting used to or are you still scared when performing said evocation?

Not at all. I spent nearly 18 months doing nothing but intense study and research so I was well prepared for what I would soon see. The grimoires describe exactly what you will see, hear and if a physical evocation, even smell. I was nervous, of course, being my first evocation. But scared? No.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi,

This is my first post. God-King have you experienced when doing Goetia evocation a Demon lying to you?
Do you do anything during your evocation to prevent this?

You seem to work with everything tradional, but for the Lion Belt. Other then the expense, is there
any reason you don't have one?

I have read that the descriptions of the 72 Demons is limited. Have you requested a demon to manifest
for you something that was out of his sphere and what was the result. Have Demons ever referred
you to another Demon for one of your petitions?

Do you feel that building a relationship with a Demon enables you as a magican to have more success
in your results?
05-30-2012, 09:05 AM
(05-30-2012 08:04 AM)Twilight Wrote:  Hi,

This is my first post. God-King have you experienced when doing Goetia evocation a Demon lying to you?
Do you do anything during your evocation to prevent this?

Yes, I have. Most grimoires have that contain a catalog of demons will warn the reader of which spirits are prone to lies. It then gives instructions on how to prevent them. There are some that will attempt to deceive the magician, however most will tell the truth when compelled.

(05-30-2012 08:04 AM)Twilight Wrote:  You seem to work with everything tradional, but for the Lion Belt. Other then the expense, is there
any reason you don't have one?

While I have many grimoires I prefer to work strictly from just one, which is the Black Dragon. This grimoire does not require the use of a belt made of lion skin, therefore I do not use one.

(05-30-2012 08:04 AM)Twilight Wrote:  I have read that the descriptions of the 72 Demons is limited. Have you requested a demon to manifest
for you something that was out of his sphere and what was the result. Have Demons ever referred
you to another Demon for one of your petitions?

Yes, the Goetic spirits' abilities are limited to just a few things (usually 2 or 3 abilities). But no, I have never asked a spirit to manifest something that was out of it's realm of possibility. And yes, I have had a demon refer me to another demon to assist in my desired result. The most recent was my evocation of Asmodeus, which I believe I have a thread about. Asmodeus told me he isn't the right spirit for the working and referred me to a spirit called "Icosiel". I have yet to evoke that spirit.

(05-30-2012 08:04 AM)Twilight Wrote:  Do you feel that building a relationship with a Demon enables you as a magican to have more success
in your results?

I do. Most spirits have a "preferred" method of evocation, which can be incorporated into the traditional grimoire methods. Once you've built a rapport with the spirit they usually give the magician a personal seal and personal mini-ritual (to be incorporated into the grimoire ritual) to evoke them. This is most likely a sign that you have developed a working relationship with the spirit and is more willing to succumb to your will then previously.

05-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Thank you for responding to my questions.

Can you go into detail as what steps you have taken to prepare yourself for evocation?
You mention that your mentor was a High Priestess. How did she contribute to
your development as a mage? Does she do Goetia evocation? Have you acquired through this preparation certain abilities that you didn't have prior to doing this? Where does someone who is interested in evocation find a mentor? Have you worked with a group
practicing evocation before actually doing it alone?
05-31-2012, 02:38 AM
(05-31-2012 12:19 AM)Twilight Wrote:  Thank you for responding to my questions.

Can you go into detail as what steps you have taken to prepare yourself for evocation?
You mention that your mentor was a High Priestess. How did she contribute to
your development as a mage? Does she do Goetia evocation? Have you acquired through this preparation certain abilities that you didn't have prior to doing this? Where does someone who is interested in evocation find a mentor? Have you worked with a group
practicing evocation before actually doing it alone?

[/b]No problem. Short of shadowing a practicing magician the only preparation options one has is reading. I read and read and read through many grimoires and modern interpretations of grimoires as well as commentaries by experts on the subject. I studied the backgrounds of the ritual tools to learn why they are used and what makes them significant to goetic evocation. That's how I prepared.

My high priestess did not practice evocation. She taught me magic, divination, herbology /potion making, meditation, inner journeys, etc. I discovered and taught evocation to myself with only the grimoires and a few commentaries as my guide.

As for finding a mentor I cannot assist in this. I did not have a mentor for evocation so I probably am not the best one to answer this.

And I was never part of a group that practiced evocation, it was a solitary venture.

07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey God-King -

What can you tell me about this?

http://circleraphael.co.uk/seven_angles.html

Do you ever use some of these things?

Knowledge is merely knowing; Wisdom is the proper application of that knowledge...
07-14-2012, 01:27 AM
(07-13-2012 03:50 PM)wannabe012 Wrote:  Hey God-King -

What can you tell me about this?

http://circleraphael.co.uk/seven_angles.html

Do you ever use some of these things?

No, I have never used them. Upon reading the site you linked it seems to be a scam. The description of those "talismans" say they are inscribed in the Cabbala language of the angels. Cabbala (which is spelled wrong) is not the language of the angels, that would be Enochian. Kabbalah (or Qabalah) as it should be spelled, is an esoteric school of thought. Whomever is the webmaster of that site seems to be trying to profit off of peoples' ignorance of the occult.

07-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Well it's good you looked at that! I was thinking about getting something from that site.

Knowledge is merely knowing; Wisdom is the proper application of that knowledge...
11-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Hi,
can i use Perform the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram Instead of The Circle of Solomon ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evocation Lucifer black.spark 17 781 Today 05:08 PM
Last Post: jon20000
  Telepathy Instead Of Evocation Candy Ray 29 978 Yesterday 07:39 AM
Last Post: Candy Ray
  Question on Astral Temples for Evocation work. grundy 14 240 05-25-2017 05:06 PM
Last Post: grundy
  How to Do an Evocation Of Bune, and Hismael spirit of Jupiter, For Money prophecy_of_hell 40 7,356 05-23-2017 03:37 PM
Last Post: Last_Stand007
  Quality incense for evocation DarkLoader 27 1,581 05-22-2017 06:57 AM
Last Post: JintheNinja