Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Getting Started with Solomonic Evocation
02-12-2017, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2017 09:56 AM by Reizo.)
I think amxha said it best - if you are cherry picking the names and seals and doing whatever you want with them, that is fine, but you are not doing Solomonic magic or grimoire magic. I'm not saying it is impossible to do spirit contact in other ways, I am saying - by nature, grimoire magic is *by the book.* If you decide to follow the Solomonic texts there *are* many different nuances in the books that I would be happy to discuss, once a person is already down that path. Also, FYI, 'demonic enns' are not from the grimoires, they are a modern creation. I see no reason to spend my time trying to convince someone to do one magic vs the other. It's like, should I kick you like a karateka or a kung fu fighter? Which one is correct? It's like trying to get a chaos magician to always dance around a fire and wear a pointy hat.

One thing I can tell you is that a lot of time is required for reading, researching & preparatory work! I decided I liked grimoire tradition and was ready about nine months later to start doing things. The journey is part of the development and quite frankly part of the enjoyment of it. It's my opinion if this doesn't sound like it works for you, then you may want to look into other paradigms that resonate more with your personality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Physical vs. Visible Evocation: Which is Better? The God-King 47 6,024 Today 08:12 AM
Last Post: The God-King
  invocation √©vocation anges go√©tie anges magie blanche village97 0 27 Yesterday 07:05 PM
Last Post: village97
  The Black Pullet: How to get started? Haziel 62 15,987 03-15-2017 08:39 PM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Evocation failure Plinto 30 807 03-12-2017 11:41 AM
Last Post: Reizo
  In Solomonic evocation Dman3213 2 119 03-08-2017 04:08 AM
Last Post: amxha