Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Resources - Compilation Mega Edition
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 02:38 AM by Simba.)
[Image: XzsUf.png]

[Image: gRWKR.png]

Hello fellow graphic fanatics!

In this thread I'll show you many websites from where you can either learn on how to do graphical work, get various resources, and so on. I'm sure that you won't be dissapointed. If you have anything to suggest, please post bellow since I'm open to any add-on that I can make to this thread. This is just the first version so don't worry. I'll try to cover everything in many categories which will hopefully help you guys navigate, may you be a novice or an advanced designer, everyone is warmly welcome to that adventure. I'll give you lists, and lists of different resources from which you can gain knowledge, download different resources for your designing software, in this thread I'll mainly cover Photoshop since I myself am a big fan of that designing software, and IMO it's the best one out so far.

[Image: p6AX9.png]

This is the first thing that I'd like to share. In this small category I'd like to share all the useful websites from which you can start off by learning the basics, and not just that, also advance techniques with which you can experiement as you like. I'll update this one as well time by time so don't worry. If I missed a site, please post below, and I'll gladly add it. I really recommend those sites since that's where I learnt to do what I can.

[Image: U2PoN.png]

In this category I'll show you a few websites which are great to get fonts from. As a designer you usually want to work with different font, at least I do. I'll share a list of some wonderful sites from which you can get fonts from, they're all free so no payment required whatsoever.

[Image: rHln1.png]

In this category I'll share you some websites from where you can get random brushes which you can use in your desired software, may it be Photoshop or Illustrator. I'll try to update this list with more sites if you suggest some.

[Image: A5QQ9.png]

In this category I'll show you guys where to get quality renders for free. I only have two favorites which never leads me down as I get most of them from there legally. I use the first one more than the second one, but that's just me. If you have any other websites to share, plase do it. Smiling

[Image: VuoL6.png]

This is an obvious name for a category. In here I'll add all the other websites from which you can gather any kind of resources, may it be informatively or something materialistic. If you have any suggestions please reply below, and I'll add them to here, as of now I'll keep it like it is. Here we can post add anything from textures, .PSDs to anything else.

[Image: 00Bde.png]

This is our corner where I'll add on-site posted services, tutorials, SOTW winnings, and so on. It's you chance to get recognized for your work, so why don't you go ahead and do a thread in the Graphics sub-section to get on the list somewhere? This one will be updated on a daily to weekly basis. It depends on how the site is active, and how I'll be active to keep this thread freshly updated. Anyone can help me again by suggesting me threads to add which I'll review of course before adding. Each thread, and work will be credited to their original owner, if I made a mistake somewhere, please let me know it so I can edit it. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Graphics section as of now. Smiling

Tutorials

Resources | Downloads

Services

Other contributions

SOTW Competitions

Graphic Wizard Award Holders
  • Flying Dutchman - For your swift contributions that improve WF's looks before requested even.
  • Moderator - Always there when WF needs graphic aid.
  • Ensain - Great work on the on/off forum icons.
  • Lucifer - Plenty of various graphic contributions.
  • Oldskool. - Great job on the WF Evangelist userbar.

Final Words

I'd like to thank everyone for their time reading my compilation thread. I'll be updating it once new things happen which you can see above, and you can also suggest what I could add to make it a bigger compilation than it already is. This is just the 'alpha' version of the final thread, I still need to do some adjustements, but so far I think it already looks pretty decent. I'd like to thank my GFX Wizards team, and the other contributing members around this section which makes it alive, thank you once again. If you have any questions regarding anything, you can freely ask here or by PMing me(Private Messaging me) on Wizard Forums. I'll try to update it at least once in two days, but it all depends of the happenings around here.

Thank you once again for reading my first compilation thread. The simply graphics were made by me.

Regards,
Simba.

[Image: MYLSS.png]
GFX Wizard Leader | WF News
•?((¯°·._.• ωιzαя∂ fσяυмѕ •._.·°¯))؟•
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Hawt fucking DAMN. I can see a sticky coming your way.
04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
(04-11-2012 08:17 AM)Oldskool. Wrote:  Hawt fucking DAMN. I can see a sticky coming your way.

Thank you a lot, Oldskool. I wanted to contribute in a way to the graphics section so I decided to make this. It took me around 1-2 hours. Smiling

04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Awesome thread Simba, looks awesome!
04-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Great Job!! Nice resources Smiling

[Image: jlOskTWFZuq8v.png]
You're kinda right about the LQP part. If it wasn't for yourself and a few other members around, I'd never have learned what LQP-ing was. -Svarog
Email me at [email protected]
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Very nice and very useful! Just as I would expect from our leader. Wink

Thanks for this! Bookmarked FD's text placement tutorial and Sync's Shine effect tutorial along with this thread. I've always used DaFont, so it's nice that I now have a couple of alternatives to DF.

Staff have been warned. +10% Wink -Compulsion
04-11-2012, 02:24 PM
This will help out many Wink
04-11-2012, 06:28 PM
If you want some pictures and you are doing something for a company may I suggest you use
http://www.sxc.hu/

It is a great site to get free HQ images or even buy some even better ones.

04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Thank you Dr.BrokenGod. I'll update this thread once WF stops having those issues, or when I come back home as I'm going out to work again.

04-12-2012, 05:14 AM
(04-11-2012 10:55 PM)Simba Wrote:  Thank you Dr.BrokenGod. I'll update this thread once WF stops having those issues, or when I come back home as I'm going out to work again.

No problem I am glad to help you contribute.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Huge list of helpful resources & downloads Wage 0 94 11-25-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: Wage
  Graphic artist required!! Riva626 2 176 10-08-2016 01:50 PM
Last Post: OzKing
  Seeking a Long-Term Graphic Artist Free-Spirited Mind 0 384 08-07-2015 12:15 PM
Last Post: Free-Spirited Mind
  CoolWareMax: Face Off Max 3.6.9.6 Final Edition foxox 0 379 04-09-2015 09:35 PM
Last Post: foxox
  I deserve a Graphic award. Selene 21 1,921 03-20-2015 03:35 AM
Last Post: vinceguntr0n