Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guest Interviewer
01-13-2014, 04:04 AM
PP you're probably right, the reason I don't see much activity is because I'm one of those other members. I remember when Crow first made this forum, and told me on MSN (or similar), at the time I had no interest in the occult whatsoever, and all I wanted was a cool UID (which I have Tounge).
Then one day early last year I started reading some threads here and I was really interested, as I have experienced strange things in my life. I'm still at a point where I would rather not spend lots of money on materials for major spells, but I'm willing to learn at my own (slow) pace. I always try to keep an open mind which is what made me sort of gravitate towards WF... - wait... I've just gone completely off topic and forgotten what I was going to say. Um, anyway, yeah, no I agree, you get what I mean...

TGK: I know where you are coming from, IDK whether you were/are a member of HF, but expansion and diversification are what changed HF from being a small, tighly-knit community of friendly and intelligent people, to 720-noscope-tomahawk-acrossthemap-100Tbps-stresser-booter-masterdonator clusterfuck of kids, you know... I would rather this community be as it is, smart, kind, considerate and friendly.

Hmm, I can't even pick a side, which is truly a testament to this great place.

[Image: z3bJrZD.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2014, 05:00 AM
(01-13-2014 04:04 AM)SkullTraill Wrote:  TGK: I know where you are coming from, IDK whether you were/are a member of HF, but expansion and diversification are what changed HF from being a small, tighly-knit community of friendly and intelligent people, to 720-noscope-tomahawk-acrossthemap-100Tbps-stresser-booter-masterdonator clusterfuck of kids, you know... I would rather this community be as it is, smart, kind, considerate and friendly.

Hmm, I can't even pick a side, which is truly a testament to this great place.

Yes I was , well actually still am a member of HF but I rarely log in these days. And I agree, I dont like what HF has become and I hope WF doesn't follow the same route. If we limit it to the works of magic we can keep the LQ posts to a minimum. Let's be honest, 99% of the posts in the Lounge are LQ.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
01-13-2014, 05:38 AM
(01-13-2014 05:00 AM)The God-King Wrote:  And I agree, I dont like what HF has become and I hope WF doesn't follow the same route. If we limit it to the works of magic we can keep the LQ posts to a minimum.

SMH mate. You always have that hammer to swing and regulate if the need arises.

[Image: uKKjzVw.gif]
Find all posts by this user
01-13-2014, 07:45 AM
(01-13-2014 05:38 AM)Protestant Priest Wrote:  
(01-13-2014 05:00 AM)The God-King Wrote:  And I agree, I dont like what HF has become and I hope WF doesn't follow the same route. If we limit it to the works of magic we can keep the LQ posts to a minimum.

SMH mate. You always have that hammer to swing and regulate if the need arises.

That's the thing though, I shouldn't have to swing my hammer. People should be mature enough to post HQ posts and threads without us having to dish out warnings, JUNKING threads and posts or banning members for consistent LQ posts. Granted, we don't live in a perfect world and there will always be an opportunity for me to flex my mod muscles but it shouldn't be anywhere nearly as often as it would be if the Lounge wasn't anything goes.

But anyway, sorry to bring things off topic.

01-13-2014, 08:41 AM
You're Staff, not allowing change because you feel you'll have more work is the shittest thing I've ever heard. Why are you Staff then if you can't handle your job? At least this will boost more activity, so what if it means more work for Staff. There's more than enough of you to keep the forum clean.
01-13-2014, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 08:48 AM by The God-King.)
(01-13-2014 08:41 AM)Thor Wrote:  You're Staff, not allowing change because you feel you'll have more work is the shittest thing I've ever heard. Why are you Staff then if you can't handle your job? At least this will boost more activity, so what if it means more work for Staff. There's more than enough of you to keep the forum clean.

First things first. I am not disallowing anything. I have no power over site changes. Crow is the only one who can institute site changes. So how am I not allowing changes? Second, you misunderstand. I am not complaining about my job at all. I'm saying that people should be more mature and realize that LQ posts serve nothing. Do you think police officers or fire fighters wake up every day saying "It doesn't matter if someone gets murdered today or there is a house fire, it's my job and it's all great". No. I'm sure they wish people would act more mature and not kill people for no reason or leave candles unattended in the event a fire breaks out. Same concept here. I have no issues JUNKING threads or posts and warning members. I do it more than our other two Staff members combined (that's due to me being on nearly 24/7 from my smarthphone and laptop). I'm simply saying that I shouldn't have to.

01-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Actually, whenever you have something on a vast scale, be it a gathering, corporation or whatever the venue may be, chaos is bound to brew. Everyone wants to voice their mind, thus bulldozing anything to paint it out there. That's just what happens on large forums. But it is something that comes with the territory, no matter how it's spun. Immaturity always stains those grounds.

I remember Crow stating the "wizard" part in Wizardforums represents the wizardry of several fields of intellect. This statement aligns well with magicians traits, which is the possession of knowledge in vast array of fields. But for some reasons most those other fields aren't being cultivated much. That isn't to say you don't get out of the occult section, rather most active members have become too comfortable staying in that session.

(04-01-2012 10:24 AM)Crow Wrote:  It's based on growth of wisdom. Hence the "wizard" in the name.
The sections are separated in 3 main categories currently: Occult Discussion(covering ancient hidden arts/studies), Scientific Discussion(covering mostly modern studies and anything based on modern science), and Hobbies and Entertainment (where you can chill and talk about your personal interests).

We need the activity and these forgotten sessions used to be very active when the early days of this forum. The place turned 2 this month and bringing the good old days back is something I strive for. Like bringing everyone around, rather than just magicians, because you already got that covered.

[Image: uKKjzVw.gif]
01-13-2014, 10:37 AM
(01-13-2014 09:49 AM)Protestant Priest Wrote:  Actually, whenever you have something on a vast scale, be it a gathering, corporation or whatever the venue may be, chaos is bound to brew. Everyone wants to voice their mind, thus bulldozing anything to paint it out there. That's just what happens on large forums. But it is something that comes with the territory, no matter how it's spun. Immaturity always stains those grounds.

I remember Crow stating the "wizard" part in Wizardforums represents the wizardry of several fields of intellect. This statement aligns well with magicians traits, which is the possession of knowledge in vast array of fields. But for some reasons most those other fields aren't being cultivated much. That isn't to say you don't get out of the occult section, rather most active members have become too comfortable staying in that session.

(04-01-2012 10:24 AM)Crow Wrote:  It's based on growth of wisdom. Hence the "wizard" in the name.
The sections are separated in 3 main categories currently: Occult Discussion(covering ancient hidden arts/studies), Scientific Discussion(covering mostly modern studies and anything based on modern science), and Hobbies and Entertainment (where you can chill and talk about your personal interests).

We need the activity and these forgotten sessions used to be very active when the early days of this forum. The place turned 2 this month and bringing the good old days back is something I strive for. Like bringing everyone around, rather than just magicians, because you already got that covered.

Eh, I guess I can get behind that. It was great when the forum first started and it was buzzing with activity, I'll admit.

01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
(01-13-2014 03:01 AM)Protestant Priest Wrote:  Do you have anyone in mind? Because that would greatly help. I committed to the task, but what is a leader without anyone to lead? What's a WF news group leader to do without any journalists?

I'll Journalize for the effort. I can't recommend a leader though, because I don't believe it will work without someone dedicated or easily mislead.

Stellen sich vor, dass es keinen Heaven gibt, es ist einfach wenn Sie versuchen.
Keinen Hölle unter uns, Über uns nur Himmel.
01-13-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 12:27 PM by Emrys.)
You guys are making the old WF sound a lot better than I remember it being...

I quite like the new community because now I know that at least one thing I find interesting and worthwhile will be posted each day. That's why I started using the forums again at all.

The difference between the Occult section of today, and the Scientific section of then, is that we have an active community of practitioners here, many of whom are actually producing new material, though perhaps not in great amounts. If you want to encourage some scientists to get on the forums here and discuss research, I would be all over that. Otherwise, you might as well be pushing to fill up the Occult section with armchair magicians. It seems better to try and coax more creativity and quality work from what we have going now.

And of course, you're always going to have problems with post quality if people just want a place to hang out.
Thread Closed