Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy Recipies by Hailey
04-18-2016, 04:45 AM
I wanted to have an entire thread for me to add all my favorite recipies to. Many of them will be paleo and some raw. They are all things that I prepare for my family and they are all well loved and at least semi healthy. Please do not post recipies to my thread but feel free to comment if you like something I posted here. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2016, 06:01 AM
Good luck with that
04-19-2016, 02:18 AM
What kind of stuff do ya cook??? Happy
04-19-2016, 03:00 AM
All kinds of stuff! I'm going to wait to post it when I have access to my computer though... Or else the format will be a pain to read. Smiling
04-19-2016, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2016 07:14 AM by Seekeroftruth123.)
Butternut Suffle

1 medium to large butternut squash
3 tbs butter OR coconut oil
3 or 4 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1 -2 tsp cinnamon
1/4- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1-2 tbs vanilla extract
Butter/ coconut oil/ oilve oil for greasing

Note: I usually go with the larger of the measurements of the spices. How much spices you will use will have to do with your personal preference as well as what you would consider to be a medium butternut squash. Some grocery stores have larger squash then others and some may not be experienced with this vegetable to know the difference. Go ahead and add the lesser amounts first to the uncooked purée... Taste, and if it's not enough add more. If you are concerned with taste testing the purée uncooked, then simply blend in the eggs lastly after you have done this. Also frozen squash may have too much moisture for this recipie to turn out right.

Instructions: Cut squash in half lengthwise. Don't peel. Use oil of choice to oil the flat sides of your two halves and put them flat on a pan. Cook until a fork slides into squash easily at about 40- 60 minutes at 350*. Let cool. Scoop out flesh from skin or peel skin off. Use blendtec/ vitamix/ method of choice to blend the squash flesh with all other ingredients. Pour into glass oiled dish and cook for about 40 or so minutes. I usually initially set it on 40 and if it's not done check up on it every 10 minutes until it's slightly becoming golden in places. This Suffle is not supposed to be firm like pumpkin pie but rather scoopable and fluffy.
04-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Creamed Spinach

16 oz bag fresh spinach
1 1/2 blocks cream cheese
2 cups shredded motzerella cheese
1 medium clove fresh garlic
Oil of choice for casserole dish

Note: It would take a good deal more spinach for this recipie if you were to use the frozen kind. I don't know how much. This recipie can be made healthy by using raw milk organic dairy. If you don't have a source for this, eat this recipie in moderation. Fat is good for you unless you have certain health conditions. Demonizing cheese is just propoganda to promote soybean oil.

Instructions: Leave spinach sitting on counter for about an hour to soften. Tear up spinach. Mix diced garlic and cream cheese into spinach. Put spinach in oiled cassarole dish. Cook it until spinach looks just right at about 375* for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and cook until melted.
04-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Question. Do you eat all organic???
04-19-2016, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2016 12:43 PM by Seekeroftruth123.)
As much as my budget allows I do. Mostly organic vegetables. Eating all organic meat is usually too pricy for me though. I try to eat a diet low in grains. At least 50% of what I eat is vegetables. At least 50% of the vegetable I eat is raw. When I do eat grains I choose the healthier ones like white rice and oats. Grains like wheat as a treat only. I'm not strong enough to be 100% paleo even though I take the stance that it is ideal.
04-19-2016, 02:29 PM
Same here. Smiling
04-23-2016, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2016 03:08 AM by Seekeroftruth123.)
Enchilada Skillet

1 tbs oil (olive, coconut, canola)
1/2 cup red OR yellow onion
2 cloves garlic finely minced
1 jalapeño seeded and diced (optional)
4 cups diced butternut squash
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
15 oz can black beans drained
8 corn tortillas cut into one inch squares
2/3 cups cooked and cubed chicken
2 cups green enchilada sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Note: I have tried to experiment with red enchalada sauce in the recipie. Both myself and husband were not a fan. Don't be turned off by the look of green enchalada sauce if you've never had it. It has a creamy, delicious consistency and flavor. On the other hand, red is grainy and just not good for bringing out the flavor of squash and cheese in this recipie. See instructions and pictures of origional recipie here:

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/black-bea...a-skillet/