Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone, I have two questions on this post. About Duke sallos, and a generic.
11-10-2016, 02:39 AM
I did a few searches here on these forums and a few searches on google.
Of couse wikipedia has a few entries, but just basic information.

I was hoping somebody here could point me at a website, or maybe your own personal knowledge?, I dont have much cash at the moment for any books. I would like to know all I can about him.
Main things: best way to call him, best offering if needed, candles used, if any, things like that.

I was also told by another kind person in the spells and rituals page that he really doesnt need an offering or a pact, simply because of his nature. Im not calling that person wrong or ANYTHING like that. I just want as much info as I can get my hands on.

I tried a work with his sigil yesterday, Im not sure he heard it.
Then again I cant be sure.
I was using EA koettings method, as I do not have the ability or the room for a more solomon style evocation.
I know that particular name is in contention around here..well for some anyway.I personally believe that it will work just like any other method...I mean why should it not?
If I am wrong please tell me, I enjoy being enlightened.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 03:23 AM
Smtimes it take a while to make connections. Unotneed for basic just a sigil and inciense. And smtng like I give thanks etc.u are allrt.
11-10-2016, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 03:58 AM by The God-King.)
Do you have any sort of foundation or is this your first rodeo? If this is your first rodeo....spirit work should be put on the back burner until you learn the basics.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2016, 05:51 AM
(11-10-2016 03:57 AM)The God-King Wrote:  Do you have any sort of foundation or is this your first rodeo? If this is your first rodeo....spirit work should be put on the back burner until you learn the basics.

Very good suggestion, and this website has lots of information and literature that can help anyone learn those basics before approaching spirit work.
11-10-2016, 06:42 AM
A sigil or a seal (the beings calling business card)? And who is generic? Im sure that demon loves being called some plain label walmart Bitch demon.

Hey bitch d, magus on isle 6.

I'M A DRUNK!!!
[Image: beer%2025.png]
11-10-2016, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 07:00 AM by gameoflife.)
(11-10-2016 06:42 AM)FarhnamDrunk Wrote:  A sigil or a seal (the beings calling business card)? And who is generic? Im sure that demon loves being called some plain label walmart Bitch demon.

Hey bitch d, magus on isle 6.

Sorry that was supposed to say "a generic question"

Its not my first time doing sigil magic, just first time using a spirit/demons sigil for a purpose. I have created my own before and used those.
Also what did yo mean by " Hey bitch d, magus on isle 6"?

(11-10-2016 03:57 AM)The God-King Wrote:  Do you have any sort of foundation or is this your first rodeo? If this is your first rodeo....spirit work should be put on the back burner until you learn the basics.
Sorry I keep hitting the wrong reply button for people, I keep confusing my responses.
No its not my first time working with sigils, I have created my own and used those, I have yet to use a specific sigil for a spirit yet though.
11-10-2016, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 08:30 AM by FarhnamDrunk.)
d short for demon as i thought generic. Heh.

Ive often heard of creating your own sigils via the stardard method youve read about (think robofish/sigil casting) as part if the ceremony utilizing the selected entity (its seal or calling card). Then whether you use invoking or evoking or something in between. So many methods.

I just get twitchy when people say "demons sigil" when i believe they mean "demons seal".

Maybe it doesnt matter.

As god king says make sure you have some foundations. Can you scry or communicate? What about banishing? Clensing, protection etc.

Course if you were like me youd just do it and say screw it to all that. But thats me. You might want to cover your bases.

I'M A DRUNK!!!
[Image: beer%2025.png]
11-10-2016, 11:18 AM
(11-10-2016 06:48 AM)gameoflife Wrote:  Sorry I keep hitting the wrong reply button for people, I keep confusing my responses.
No its not my first time working with sigils, I have created my own and used those, I have yet to use a specific sigil for a spirit yet though.

Sigil work =/= spirit work. They can cross paths, and do so quite often but they are not the same. What is your foundation? By this I mean what sort of occult "training" (whether by mentor or self learning) do you have? Do you belong to a system or tradition (Golden Dawn, Wicca, Santeria, etc). Another way to ask this is do you have any other magical experience other than sigil work?

11-10-2016, 11:35 AM
(11-10-2016 11:18 AM)The God-King Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 06:48 AM)gameoflife Wrote:  Sorry I keep hitting the wrong reply button for people, I keep confusing my responses.

Sigil work =/= spirit work. They can cross paths, and do so quite often but they are not the same. What is your foundation? By this I mean what sort of occult "training" (whether by mentor or self learning) do you have? Do you belong to a system or tradition (Golden Dawn, Wicca, Santeria, etc). Another way to ask this is do you have any other magical experience other than sigil work?

I do not have a "real" back ground or foundation. Im pretty much self taught except for the advice I get in person from the local occult shop, very nice and friendly people there. I do not prescribe to any traditional system.

I have done my fair share of candle working and all thats involved in that..you know annointing, inscribing, ect, making my own sigils and using the masturbation method to charge and release the spell I also d gaze into my crafted sigils with my intent visualized until they dissipear or flash before I do the "rest"...

Although I do not burn the sigil after..Im thinking about doing that. Also Most of mine only dissipere, although I have had some flash, which is kinda exciting when that happens.

Also, from the advice of the local shop I have done...I guess what you can call fire magic?

Thats what he called it. Write your intent on a peice of parchment, while visualizing in your head, saying the written intent 3 times, then burning it over a candle of determined color then letting the ashes blow into the wind.

I have had NO formal person to person training in any of this.
My results as this far are about 50/50. and of the ones that work, they do not last for long. I have one particular candle magic spell that I have done three times. I have already asked about that in the spells and rituals section though. Very good advice from over there, which I will follow when I do it again on friday.

Im soorry about calling a demons seal, a sigil, its not something I am very familure with, I mean when I did a google search for Duke sallos, as soon as I hit the s key the word sigil comes up not seal, I will call it a seal from now on if that is the proper terminology.
11-10-2016, 11:55 AM
(11-10-2016 11:35 AM)gameoflife Wrote:  I do not have a "real" back ground or foundation. Im pretty much self taught except for the advice I get in person from the local occult shop, very nice and friendly people there. I do not prescribe to any traditional system.

Are you against working within a system or tradition? If not it may be best to find one that suits you and begin with the basics. If you are against working within a defined system/tradition then I recommend Paul Huson's Mastering Witchcraft. It's not system specific so it's a great primer.

(11-10-2016 11:35 AM)gameoflife Wrote:  I have done my fair share of candle working and all thats involved in that..you know annointing, inscribing, ect, making my own sigils and using the masturbation method to charge and release the spell I also d gaze into my crafted sigils with my intent visualized until they dissipear or flash before I do the "rest"...

Although I do not burn the sigil after..Im thinking about doing that. Also Most of mine only dissipere, although I have had some flash, which is kinda exciting when that happens.

Also, from the advice of the local shop I have done...I guess what you can call fire magic?

Thats what he called it. Write your intent on a peice of parchment, while visualizing in your head, saying the written intent 3 times, then burning it over a candle of determined color then letting the ashes blow into the wind.

I have had NO formal person to person training in any of this.
My results as this far are about 50/50. and of the ones that work, they do not last for long. I have one particular candle magic spell that I have done three times. I have already asked about that in the spells and rituals section though. Very good advice from over there, which I will follow when I do it again on friday.

Perhaps the guy at the local occult shop is willing to teach you? Idk, you'd have to ask. But before working with spirits I highly recommend building a foundation. Or else if something goes wrong guess what......you'll be right back here asking what to do to fix it, which is something that someone working with spirits should be able to fix themselves.

(11-10-2016 11:35 AM)gameoflife Wrote:  Im soorry about calling a demons seal, a sigil, its not something I am very familure with, I mean when I did a google search for Duke sallos, as soon as I hit the s key the word sigil comes up not seal, I will call it a seal from now on if that is the proper terminology.

HERESY! GET ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS HUMAN!

Lol jk, it's ok. With modern systems of magic taking over the old traditional styles, sigil is the preferred word of the magical youth and those who may be older but were trained in modern ways. Technically they are not the same thing and if we go back to their roots, they shouldn't be interchangeable but alas, these are the times we are in. So it is of no matter. Sigil or seal, everyone should know what you mean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sallos Evocation and Results TR109 3 277 03-07-2017 11:31 AM
Last Post: Magus_austriacus
  Questions regarding Invocation Armaros 30 831 03-02-2017 10:47 AM
Last Post: Whitehat
  Noob questions with details Davidtheman100 12 499 01-27-2017 05:50 AM
Last Post: Dman3213
  Some newbie questions FerretPL 4 176 01-14-2017 11:09 AM