Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a lady out
12-15-2016, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 08:41 AM by SirenSong.)
Soooooooo, after several years of being a gaming hater, I purchased a new TV for my bedroom and a playstation for multiple purposes. I am going to try, due to the begging of a gaming friend of mine, to test out the gaming waters, lol.

The last time I played any type of video games, I was in full on stoner life mode, and I was playing games like Tony Hawk, Frogger and GoldenEye (BigHead Mode).

So here is where the help I need comes in:

1. Where in the hell can I find Frogger, the super Nintendo version for playstation?!?!?!?

2. My friends have given me a list of games that they think that I should try, but I am skeptical......can you give me feedback on the list? I have NO idea what kind of games they are, if they suck or what.

FallOut 4
Final Fantasy 9&10
The new GTA
Skyrim

3. Also if you have any suggestions for me I would love to hear them and check them out, thanks in advance!!!

4. Seriously......Frogger though please Smiling

"I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ A. N.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Which playstation you have? Playstation 4 or 3? If you have Ps4 then get Uncharted 4. . Its really AWESOME.

NEver heard of frogger though! :\
12-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Where can you find the SNES version of Frogger for the Playstation? You just said, "I want a flute sound to come out of a ukelele"; doesn't work like that. You might be able to get online and find -a- version of Frogger that you can buy in the PSN (Playstation Network Store), but I'm not sure.
Last time I played that, I was 7 and it was on an Atari.

FallOut 4: A game that embeds you in an apocalyptic universe. The world is your oyster, but, at what price? You get to explore how you feel about motives in dire situations. Guns and survival situations are fun for a lot of people, so, it's success is a no-brainer. I haven't played FO4, but, I've played others in the series.

Final Fantasy 9: A mix of classic Final Fantasy (crystals lore) and newer game play (steam punk style.) It's not very often you're suggested to play that first or only, but FF presents a whole range of styles to choose from. It came out on the PS1.
If Japan can do anything, it's tell a story. "RPG" type games are very much like interactive novels. They have elaborate stories with excellent music. This is mixed with fighting monsters as a work and rewards system. They typically take a long time to see in completion. Different people will get different things out of the ideas presented. They often talk about spiritual concepts.
FF 10 was different from the others because it's battle system works differently. It's a mix of FF Tactics and the new style, but, it has it's charms.

GTA: You'll have to ask him which one he meant by "the new one", because there's like a million, and one is always new or in development, available for pre-order.
People play GTA to experience the freedom to do anything they don't normally get to do in real life. It's also an open world exploration game in a western environment, but, angry kids often play GTA for the other reason. Not a bad game, but, it embraces and rewards terrible decisions. Fun for adults who already know better and have moved out of their mother's house.

Skyrim: I don't know what Skyrim is. Sorry. I think it's a stealth game. Stealth is about being sneaky and manipulative, which appeals to many people.

You don't want to know what my suggestions are, because I'm a loser. But, there's my spiel on modern games.
12-16-2016, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 07:33 AM by SirenSong.)
(12-15-2016 09:28 AM)HellDevil Wrote:  Which playstation you have? Playstation 4 or 3? If you have Ps4 then get Uncharted 4. . Its really AWESOME.

NEver heard of frogger though! :\

I have the Playstation 4. Uncharted 4, I will check it out! What kind of game is that? Why do you love it so?

That makes my heart sad!!! Frogger, please excuse my lack of gamer lingo in this description Surprised, was a lot like the good original super mario puzzle type games, but it was a frog not an italian man in coveralls. Different levels, puzzles to solve, new worlds to beat...etc. I could spend hours on games like.

(12-15-2016 10:23 AM)Nesh Wrote:  Where can you find the SNES version of Frogger for the Playstation? You just said, "I want a flute sound to come out of a ukelele"; doesn't work like that. You might be able to get online and find -a- version of Frogger that you can buy in the PSN (Playstation Network Store), but I'm not sure.
Last time I played that, I was 7 and it was on an Atari.

FallOut 4: A game that embeds you in an apocalyptic universe. The world is your oyster, but, at what price? You get to explore how you feel about motives in dire situations. Guns and survival situations are fun for a lot of people, so, it's success is a no-brainer. I haven't played FO4, but, I've played others in the series.

Final Fantasy 9: A mix of classic Final Fantasy (crystals lore) and newer game play (steam punk style.) It's not very often you're suggested to play that first or only, but FF presents a whole range of styles to choose from. It came out on the PS1.
If Japan can do anything, it's tell a story. "RPG" type games are very much like interactive novels. They have elaborate stories with excellent music. This is mixed with fighting monsters as a work and rewards system. They typically take a long time to see in completion. Different people will get different things out of the ideas presented. They often talk about spiritual concepts.
FF 10 was different from the others because it's battle system works differently. It's a mix of FF Tactics and the new style, but, it has it's charms.

GTA: You'll have to ask him which one he meant by "the new one", because there's like a million, and one is always new or in development, available for pre-order.
People play GTA to experience the freedom to do anything they don't normally get to do in real life. It's also an open world exploration game in a western environment, but, angry kids often play GTA for the other reason. Not a bad game, but, it embraces and rewards terrible decisions. Fun for adults who already know better and have moved out of their mother's house.

Skyrim: I don't know what Skyrim is. Sorry. I think it's a stealth game. Stealth is about being sneaky and manipulative, which appeals to many people.

You don't want to know what my suggestions are, because I'm a loser. But, there's my spiel on modern games.

LOL, thank you for that analogy.....seriously, I have no idea what I am doing. I just know that I want that game in my grasp, and figured someone here could tell me how to obtain it. I never played it on an Atari, just on Super Nintendo I think.....in the long long ago. I will check out this "PSN" you speak of Smiling

Ok, so I will check out FallOut 4 then, perhaps I will like it, apocalyptic sounds potentially fun.

My two friends are serious Final Fantasy fans, and I said if you had to have me play "the best one" which would it be.....the responses I got were 9&10. Although I did hear something about a new one just coming out.....15 maybe? IDK, I am down to try whatever they suggest as long as I won't find it boring or world of warcrafty. I don't want to play anything that requires me to meet up with others in real time to play it in groups, or spend 15 hours fishing or something....I don't have the attention span or time for that.

Your description of the FF games sounds like something I could get into on my own time frame, music, spiritual concepts, storylines, etc. I have never really played a game like that before, gotta try new shit right?!?!?

As far as GTA goes, I will ask which one he was talking about, I do not remember...he just said the new one. I remember playing it when it first came out a million years ago, and being very bored, very quickly. It seemed like a game for young teenage boys to exact their otherwise unexpressed impulses, not really my stylieeee. Perhaps I will just skip that one.

Skyrim was suggested to me by one of my girlfriends actually, I think she also said the words Elder Scrolls....but I had no damn idea what she was talking about. Anyone know anything about this game?!?!?!?

Nonsense, you have been very helpful, and I can assure you that what I consider to be a "loser" is probably far far from what you are. Please tell me what you like or what you would suggest for a "non-gaming loser" like me to play?

12-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Hm.. http://www.gamefaqs.com might help you. They have reviews on games available, as well as screenshots. It's a simple site, so, loading should be easy, and the search bar is easy to find. Youtube will also be able to provide you with videos on game play.

I've been around games since I was a baby, but now that I'm an adult, I don't have so much money, so, I'm familiar with mostly older types, and games I played when I was a youngster with nothing better to do.

To figure out what you like, you'll just have to get your feet wet, and start trying some. If you buy from a brick and mortar store (or check the online shops for their return policies) you should be able to return them if you don't like them.

Heh, forgive me, I'm rather dismal-humored, so, I think insults are funny. My suggestions? I only have a PS3. I kind of like the "Atelier" by Nippon Ichi games, there should be some for ps4. They recently remade Odin Sphere for the PS4, that should be a good one. I had it for the PS2 a while ago. Nippon Ichi tends to release games that play in the world of gods, angels, and demons.

My actual advice to you is to invest in a Super Nintendo. You'll be able to have Frogger back, as well as just about all of my favorite games:
Super Mario World- the timeless epitome of sidescrolling
Terranigma
Lufia II
Final Fantasy II and II (known as 4 and 6 today, due to marketing decisions at the time)
Castlevania 4
Chrono Trigger
ActRaiser
Bahamut Lagoon (some of the most beautiful pixel artwork to be in a game.)
Dark Half
King of Demons
Demon's Crest (one of the best games ever made.)
Donkey Kong Country- irresistable sidescrolling
Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3, it's fan-translated sequel
Clock Tower- Only if you like scary things.

That's an expensive list, but, you asked. Some of them would be special order games, but it's possible to play them in English. The Super Nintendo was an incredible time for games, heh.
12-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Skyrim is a fantasy game. I thought it was really boring and slow personally.....

Dragon Age Inquisition is better.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Bahamut Lagoon was never released outside Japan. I have an English translation on an emulator.

I'm big on emulation because while I have a lot of the old systems, I don't have the space to keep them all set up. It's also a good way to try games out before I buy them as quite a few command high prices on the secondary market.

MAME is an emulator for all the old arcade hardware. I like it for the really old games, like Frogger. Wink It's a lot more convenient than having those coin-ops in the house. Cheaper, too.

My forte is fighting games. Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers, Killer Instinct, Samurai Shodown, and the like. You can find most of these as compilations for the PS2 and Wii if you look around.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Come get your Tarot cards read! It's fun for everyone.

Das Blut des Schicksals klebt an deinen Händen...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2016, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2016 05:52 AM by Nesh.)
Terranigma was only released in English in Australia in PAL format, even though it was in a few different languages in Europe. Secret of Mana's sequel, Clock Tower, King of Demons, and Dark Half were never officially made available in English by the legal holders of the copyright, as well as Bahamut Lagoon.

There are custom reproduction carts that will still give people money for their efforts, even though they essentially have no rights to the game. I'd prefer to have a Japanese cart to accompany a rom (King of Demons is a $200 SFC cart when you find it, though, so, whatever.) It's actually been a while since I've played some of those, as I've been meaning to import, but, there's always other stuff to buy.
Games like The 7th Saga also have interesting things to say at times, but, their gameplay is so messed up, you need a hacked rom to play the game properly, and maintain your sanity.
For ActRaiser, someone made a rom hack that puts "Heavenly Father" and "Satan" back into the text (as opposed to "Master" and
"Tanzra") like they originally intended. So, roms are cool, I just like to make sure that I'm not destroying someone's honest business.

It's a complicated affair, but I suppose what's important is doing your best as your life's course necessitates.
12-18-2016, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 06:44 AM by FarhnamDrunk.)
You can check out playstation network
http://m.ign.com/articles/2009/12/10/fro...on-network

Or try out crossy road. Seems im having difficulty getting good links to either.

My first frogger on atari 2600. Later frogger II on c64.

But never firget q-bert, dig dug, mr do, pepper II, looping, ladybug or looping... Or zaxxon.

My bro in law had pacman multiplayer for ps4. Not sure if orhers followed.

[Image: bear%203.png]
12-20-2016, 06:55 AM
FROGGER!!!!! Thanks for all of the suggestions and info guys!!!! I am going to start checking all of these out tomorrow Tounge