Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with poisons.
11-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Wow this thread really picked up while I was inactive.
Some really great info here, thanks guys.

[Image: z3bJrZD.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2016, 06:50 AM
Another plant I have not heard to much about, but I have used successfully in relieving pain in joints and the stomach is "Stinging Nettle". You steep the dried leaves and make either a tea or poultice, or you can take the live plant and "sting" yourself in the painful joints for pretty good relief. I am sure there are other more magickal uses within incense smoke and the like.

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
Find all posts by this user
11-18-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016 09:07 AM by JintheNinja.)
That's a great suggestion steampunk. Stinging nettle has a long long tradition of use in old world herbalism and new world herbalism. And an infused oil works great for rheumatism. And whipping yourself with the fresh stems is a traditional way to alleviate arthritic inflammation. Internally, it's good for the uro genital system- especially kidneys, bladder and prostate. also a traditional aboriginal "shampoo" herb- and it has shown to improve follicle strength and growth. Spiritually it's a total martial herb. It's a reversing agent, an uncrossing agent, and a protective agent (traditonally against domination through Venus-I.e. Love sorcery), but also against any sort of sorcerous attack. Very common in both places as well.

My personal fave is Angels (or Devils) trumpet, tolache, specifically the white tree variety and the blood red variety. I use in two of my Saint oils, and it's very very good.
11-21-2016, 10:30 PM
Devils Trumpet eh?

atropine, hyoscyamine, hyoscine, scopolamine, norscopolamine, meteloidine, hydroxy-6- hyoscyamine, tiglic esters of dihydroxytropine, and a number of withanolides....

careful with that! Smiling

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
11-23-2016, 06:19 AM
hehehehWink
I don't ingest. I only use it spiritually, although there are medicinal (not simply entheogenic uses) - but it's beyond my skill as an herbalist.
If I ever was to experiment with it, it would be in MX under supervision. The only relatively safe method is to blend kinnikinnik with a very low dose and smoke it. But you have to know what to use to compliment, mute and smooth out, and of course there is a numerical system to the dose.
11-25-2016, 08:21 AM
Angel's Trumpet and Devil's Trumpet are two different plants. Angel's T is Brugmansia (flowers hang down as if from heaven) . Devil's T is Datura (point up). Datura seed pods are spiky balls. Brugmansia have long bean-like pods. Both are Solanaceae.
11-25-2016, 08:35 AM
Yes thanks moon. I did actually know that. But the common names are often interchanged, especially depending on Spanish, French, creole and local patois names. I use them somewhat interchangeably but I do differentiate between the two. I have access to fresh jimsonweed as it grows wild here and is an ornamental, and the yellow and sometimes multi coloured brug is grown ornamentally in residential areas, But it's hard to find specifically. I can get seeds and dried leaves from "sacred seeds" of the Mexican varieties. And like I said, I don't have access to chromotography equipment so I don't ingest them. The chemistry can wildly differentiate from plant to plant.
11-25-2016, 01:41 PM
(11-25-2016 08:35 AM)JintheNinja Wrote:  Yes thanks moon. I did actually know that. But the common names are often interchanged, especially depending on Spanish, French, creole and local patois names. I use them somewhat interchangeably but I do differentiate between the two. I have access to fresh jimsonweed as it grows wild here and is an ornamental, and the yellow and sometimes multi coloured brug is grown ornamentally in residential areas, But it's hard to find specifically. I can get seeds and dried leaves from "sacred seeds" of the Mexican varieties. And like I said, I don't have access to chromotography equipment so I don't ingest them. The chemistry can wildly differentiate from plant to plant.

I've started Datura (sacred aka metel) from seed but I've read that brugmansia is very hard to start from seed and that most are started from cuttings -- evidence that the brugs have been cultivated by herb folk for centuries, if not longer. A friend started a cutting for me, but hasn't brought it over yet. I've only used them topically -- in an oil or ointment. Good achy parts like knees and ankles. But I agree -- avoid ingesting.
12-09-2016, 08:30 AM
I've heard monkshood can kill just by touching the oil? Apparently the only thing to be found as cause of death is asphyxiation.
12-09-2016, 08:55 AM
(12-09-2016 08:30 AM)Elysium Mons Wrote:  I've heard monkshood can kill just by touching the oil? Apparently the only thing to be found as cause of death is asphyxiation.

Monkshood (aconite) can be extremely deadly if ingested in significant quantities, but people react differently to the toxins upon touch. I grow monkshood and have never had issues touching the plant or even the roots (which are where most of the toxins accumulate). With that said, I would never make a pure essential oil of monkshood and apply it to my skin.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Purchase and/or cultivation of poisons Absinthe 10 1,478 07-03-2013 02:51 AM
Last Post: Protestant Priest