Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! 100% newbie here!
05-16-2018, 08:20 PM
I wanted to start/learn more about the Arts/Magick/Occult and found the forum in Reddit recommendations, I’m a complete and total noob!

I’m from an atheist and skeptical background, always had curiosity however the “that doesn’t work, it doesn’t exist, want something do it yourself instead of asking imaginary friends” was very strong so I’ve never tried anything. The interest spiked ‘cause my mother-in-law is a strong believer in Tarot and guardian angels and I though “why not start?”.

The main reason I ended up here is to find out where I could start; or even if I can since I'm not sure if you actually need any ability or not; and what would be best for me.
(mainly looking for something that would improve me and help with day-to-day life and career).

So now the big question:
Is there any way of knowingly what type of Arts is most suited for a person and what’s need to start? Or we just grab a 101 for dummies? (In whichever case, any idea of books/pages to look at?)

And I think that's all!
Thank you for having me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2018, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018 08:47 PM by Wylandriah91.)
Welcome!!! I'm always happy to help neophytes, I posted a good starter thread here;

http://wizardforums.com/Thread-Newbie-Gu...e-for-Help

It just covers what I wish I'd known on my first day and gives a bit of structure for newbies to grip on to, so it's easier than I found it Smiling

In terms of paths I think I covered this in the thread but to put it shortly, everyone's magical path is different, and no one can really tell you how to practice, you have to weigh up your options and go with what calls to you on a personal level Smiling it's important to cast your net wide at first, learn a little bit about a lot of stuff, and then pick out what seems like areas you want to investigate further Smiling

I actually also want to recommend this thread here for a great starting point of what's involved in making spells and rites;
http://wizardforums.com/Thread-How-to-Cr...ells-Rites
Brother Moloch has a lot of knowledge as well and is great help if you have any questions. Don't hesitate to ask me either, or if there's something you're really stuck on or confused about post a thread, the community on here is usually very helpful Smiling

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
05-17-2018, 02:10 AM
(05-16-2018 08:41 PM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Welcome!!! I'm always happy to help neophytes, I posted a good starter thread here;

http://wizardforums.com/Thread-Newbie-Gu...e-for-Help

It just covers what I wish I'd known on my first day and gives a bit of structure for newbies to grip on to, so it's easier than I found it Smiling

In terms of paths I think I covered this in the thread but to put it shortly, everyone's magical path is different, and no one can really tell you how to practice, you have to weigh up your options and go with what calls to you on a personal level Smiling it's important to cast your net wide at first, learn a little bit about a lot of stuff, and then pick out what seems like areas you want to investigate further Smiling

I actually also want to recommend this thread here for a great starting point of what's involved in making spells and rites;
http://wizardforums.com/Thread-How-to-Cr...ells-Rites
Brother Moloch has a lot of knowledge as well and is great help if you have any questions. Don't hesitate to ask me either, or if there's something you're really stuck on or confused about post a thread, the community on here is usually very helpful Smiling

Thank s for the help ^w^
Will read the threads and see what attracts my attention Wink anything will just ask around a bit more
05-17-2018, 10:51 PM
Fennel, thank you for going and don’t worry, with effort and discipline you will begin to see results, Wyla is good people and steered you in the right direction. Easiest things you can do is learn simple meditations and really begin feeling energy.

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2018, 11:51 PM
(05-17-2018 10:51 PM)Arkadius-Rash Wrote:  Fennel, thank you for going and don’t worry, with effort and discipline you will begin to see results, Wyla is good people and steered you in the right direction. Easiest things you can do is learn simple meditations and really begin feeling energy.

Thanks ^w^ I'm looking at the different types so I'm starting to think it'll take a while to decide, however saw the same suggestion about mediation in a lot of places.
Would it be advised to learn that first and when i'm able to mediate focus could I start moving on the Path? (would be doing research on how they work and on what they consist oc)
05-18-2018, 05:57 AM
As far as a path is concerned, choose what feels right to you, the same with meditations there are a ton of different ones so reading about them would be fine just to see the benefits of them, everyone does things a bit differently so what I advice personally is do what feels right to you, but meditation and discipline are key foundations. I hope that helps.

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 04:47 AM
Welcome, I hope this board will help setting you on a quest to expand your views.

Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: "Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello. Newbie here ... marom 4 344 01-10-2017 07:40 AM
Last Post: Ermhs light-ruby
  Newbie theredgiant 9 659 10-25-2016 07:28 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  Newbie Out Here !!! Mikaela 6 531 10-18-2016 07:13 PM
  Wisdom Seeking Newbie Calithilon 6 787 10-18-2016 06:08 PM