Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Does Gravity Work?
03-17-2016, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2016 08:25 AM by January.)
the law is saying that two bodies will attract each other proportional to the density of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. so in other words, the gravitational force of a given set of objects will depend upon how much mass they contain per unit of volume. and how close or far they are from one another.

(in terrestrial terms. the effects of relativity are slight. (as long as my cellphone works right) but in cosmic terms the consequences of relativity are immense.)

"that has nothing to do with gravity at all
light doesn't have any mass
energy has no mass
they have no weight "

no weight huh Wink weight isnt a measure of mass. here in america a mass from which 10 lbs of weight is produced. however, slight the difference. will very at other places on earth.

my point was that a gravitational field bends space-time love. which kind of just led into my post of the double slit experiment. which was a statement of where these studies ended up going. something wrong with that?
light has a relativistic mass.

and the double slit experiment doesn't simply apply to "light" (electromagnetic radiation). it applies to every particle without exception. every particle from which you are constructed. ..period (wave/particle duality)

been a long time. but ill come back and write a book on the subject if need be Smiling

besides i was trashed last night. just having some fun. ...simple answer, nobody knows "how gravity works" precisely. it is not a force like newton thought, it is a geometrical effect of space proportional to the density of a given mass.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2016, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2016 08:55 AM by January.)
one last thing. though this thread is probably dead.

"that has nothing to do with gravity at all
light doesn't have any mass
energy has no mass
they have no weight "

but mass sure has energy huh sweetness (e=mc^2 ....energy=mass*velocity of light{electromagnetic radiation}^2)

..guess knowledge really is power. or, perhaps i mean comprehension
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply