Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Read Tarot Cards
11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
(11-19-2013 11:46 AM)tpavel Wrote:  it's a pain in the ass to trust yourself when doing it and not being worried about creating fairy tales in your head lol.

That's why I suggested checking the generic meanings after doing a reading.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 12:02 AM
I love this. Being honest, I used to use the booklet up until recently. It would always be fuel really, something to start me. But I've successfully divorced myself from it and have found far more accuracy.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

http://crossroadsofsaintsanddevils.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2013, 12:46 AM
(11-20-2013 12:02 AM)Euoi Wrote:  I love this. Being honest, I used to use the booklet up until recently. It would always be fuel really, something to start me. But I've successfully divorced myself from it and have found far more accuracy.

Thanks! I've been getting a lot of PMs from newer members asking about tarot so I figures I'd revive my old thread. And yeah, using your subconscious to divine the cards is the real work. Simply memorizing the general meanings is next to useless.

11-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Agreed TGK, when you first lay down the cards look at the spread as a whole and see what comes to you, then look at the suits of the cards as that tells as much of the story as the individual card itself. For example lot of swords and wands means it will likely be a volatile but short lived period as there is no disks/earth to give the situation stability.

The biggest thing I did to improve my divination was to stop caring if I was "right" and just trusted my intuition. A basic understanding of the cards is not a bad thing as it provides context for your intuition to work from. One may see the 5 of wands and understand that it means conflict but without that intuitive push you have no clue if its an internal or external conflict.

11-26-2013, 02:55 AM
(11-26-2013 02:26 AM)TheWanderingFool Wrote:  Agreed TGK, when you first lay down the cards look at the spread as a whole and see what comes to you, then look at the suits of the cards as that tells as much of the story as the individual card itself. For example lot of swords and wands means it will likely be a volatile but short lived period as there is no disks/earth to give the situation stability.

The biggest thing I did to improve my divination was to stop caring if I was "right" and just trusted my intuition. A basic understanding of the cards is not a bad thing as it provides context for your intuition to work from. One may see the 5 of wands and understand that it means conflict but without that intuitive push you have no clue if its an internal or external conflict.

Thanks, and I agree with you as well. From the first day I learned to read the cards in the Romany Gypsy style I was taught to disregard generic meanings but if you must check them, do so after the reading. It makes things much easier.

11-26-2013, 03:01 AM
My cousin confided in me a couple months ago after she became convinced that I can read minds, that when she was little she'd use playing cards to do readings for people. She says that she was always accurate, but her mother forced her to stop because she (the mother) said it was witchcraft.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

11-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Damn mothers.

11-26-2013, 03:30 AM
Yeah, lol. She's one of those fervent/"devout" Mexican catholics. If she saw my room and all the occult paraphernalia she'd run out screaming "¬°El diablo!" Then call the priest for an exorcism.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

07-06-2014, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 05:41 AM by guero.)
So I just got my first rider waite deck and decided just to look at each card. They all gave me different feelings, so I went ahead and cracked open the little book they came with. All the book did was make it seem confusing. Glad I read this thread because you confirmed what I planned on doing naturally lol. I went ahead and shuffled the deck for a good 30 minutes so everything was completely mixed up, then did a 3 card spread asking about the success of my sweetener jar. Pulled the Lovers, the Magician, and the Hermit. Oddly perfect for my first try haha
07-06-2014, 06:52 AM
(07-06-2014 04:54 AM)guero Wrote:  So I just got my first rider waite deck and decided just to look at each card. They all gave me different feelings, so I went ahead and cracked open the little book they came with. All the book did was make it seem confusing. Glad I read this thread because you confirmed what I planned on doing naturally lol. I went ahead and shuffled the deck for a good 30 minutes so everything was completely mixed up, then did a 3 card spread asking about the success of my sweetener jar. Pulled the Lovers, the Magician, and the Hermit. Oddly perfect for my first try haha

Nice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I need recommend books for tarot beginner jake3598 2 93 01-20-2017 12:26 AM
Last Post: SinEater
  (Tarot) Assertion of errors in the Golden Dawn approach. Burls 1 356 05-14-2016 08:55 AM
Last Post: Burls
  Tarot: The Celtic Cross spread Frater.Akenu 2 622 10-04-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: Leviathan
  Yes/no Tarot Absinthe 6 1,534 01-04-2014 09:51 PM
Last Post: TheWanderingFool