Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Read Tarot Cards
04-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Hello, I just got back in the forum to check out the latest happenings. Recently, I started studying Tarot Cards and trying to learn how to use them. But like the others, I base my readings/interpretations on a booklet included in the deck, or usually from the interpretations over the net. Until I realize that they really have no permanent interpretations... So after reading this, I realize that I should try following intuitions since I am familiar with some of the general meanings. But I just want to ask, aside from the 3 card spread - what are the spread you usually use, or the spread you would recommend to us in interpreting?

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2015, 07:05 AM
It depends on your question.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

http://crossroadsofsaintsanddevils.blogspot.com/
04-08-2015, 12:07 PM
So does that mean that going for a focused spread is better than the general?

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
04-09-2015, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 01:51 PM by incvbvs777.)
I was about to ask the same question about the different types of spreads, when to stop, and when to continue. There was a time when me and my friends went to a tarot reader, I was the only one who didn't get a reading for the reason that only the tarot reader knows, what could it be?

TGK, thanks for the tutorial, someone gave me a deck of tarot long time ago, until now I haven't touched it yet. I am inspired to try it now because of this thread. But something weird happened when my friend gave these tarot cards to me, the moment it touched/landed my hand some weird/uncanny energies went running from my hand to my arms then my whole body. Anyone have a clue what this is?
04-12-2015, 11:50 PM
(04-09-2015 01:43 PM)incvbvs777 Wrote:  TGK, thanks for the tutorial, someone gave me a deck of tarot long time ago, until now I haven't touched it yet. I am inspired to try it now because of this thread. But something weird happened when my friend gave these tarot cards to me, the moment it touched/landed my hand some weird/uncanny energies went running from my hand to my arms then my whole body. Anyone have a clue what this is?

Sure thing, glad it inspired you! Happy

As for the energy running up into your arms; it's probably just residual energy from either your friend or a previous owner (if it's a used deck) or random people who may have handled it at the store or warehouse (depending on if your friend bought it at a brick-and-mortar store or online). Do a cleanse on it and all should be good.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2015, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 05:09 PM by dubhgilla.)
I've owned a pack of cards for a while and really couldn't think of how the could possibly be magic when you are just picking cards and reading the meaning. I had given up on them.

With your tutorial I used them last night, a simple 3 card spread. The reading made perfect sense and came very naturally. I did against your advise, check my reading against the cards meaning. Present and future matched past was different but I would still go with my own interpretation.

Thanks for your help with this and the huge input you have put into this amazing forum.
06-22-2015, 03:06 AM
(06-21-2015 05:03 PM)dubhgilla Wrote:  I've owned a pack of cards for a while and really couldn't think of how the could possibly be magic when you are just picking cards and reading the meaning. I had given up on them.

With your tutorial I used them last night, a simple 3 card spread. The reading made perfect sense and came very naturally. I did against your advise, check my reading against the cards meaning. Present and future matched past was different but I would still go with my own interpretation.

Thanks for your help with this and the huge input you have put into this amazing forum.

It sounds like you have a natural gift for the cards - it's good to hear you had good results.

"Someone once asked me if there was such a thing as magic. Only if you want there to be. Only if you want it." - John Constantine, Hellblazer #141
04-26-2017, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 11:00 AM by Zelius.)
Thank you so much God King I just ordered a tarot set and guide book because of what you posted here!

Can't wait to start
06-13-2017, 03:56 PM
I found this to be helpful, however my soul and my path are my own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  the Grand Grimoire? and RANT about the book section MUST READ! Anthony Arcanum 0 278 07-22-2017 07:36 AM
Last Post: Anthony Arcanum
  Which book should i read? BlueBlooded93 14 950 06-23-2017 08:19 AM
Last Post: TovanZero
  New tarot ebook. belphguy 3 511 05-07-2017 02:39 AM
Last Post: nsakib95
  Has anyone read the Red Dragon english translated version?? lll Grove lll 7 801 02-17-2017 03:28 AM
Last Post: lll Grove lll
  I need recommend books for tarot beginner jake3598 2 344 01-20-2017 12:26 AM
Last Post: SinEater