Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find your own Patron Deity?
12-14-2016, 08:14 PM
1. How do you find your own Patron?

2. Is it true that not everyone has a patron deity by any means?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Simple
Go to your nearest Cop station wearing a sign that says black power, then reach into your pockets and pull out a cap gun. You will meet Your spiritual sides real fast!

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2016, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 02:48 AM by bandaboy.)
Any deity can be your patron deity. Pick one, get a statue or framed picture, then go for yours. Some dont want anything to do with spiritual things.
12-15-2016, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 10:27 AM by elnyx.)
@Magickinqu, lol they wll think im out of my mind and theyll beat my ass if i do that!

@bandaboy, Ah.. so there is no especial rite to do this? Just choose a particular deity, pray to him, offer some things, ask him through prayer to reveal himself if he is intersted to you?
12-15-2016, 08:33 AM
Look at your ancestors, their religious beliefs etc. Or look at your current religion's deities and start seeing who attracts you. If the religion has a gatekeeper spirit, go to them first.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

http://crossroadsofsaintsanddevils.blogspot.com/
12-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Everyone has a spiritual frame. Who you populate it with, and who it's populated by is going to come down to you, your religion of birth and what powers you recognize currently. listen to absinthe, she knows what's she's talking about.
12-15-2016, 11:33 AM
What Gods and/or Symbols or Spirits/Demons/Angels/Ancestors/Saints/Mythological Creatures/Animals/Totems do you all have a preference for or have seemed to come into your life or attracted you?

I'd love to know what everyone has to say about it and what end up being the most popular trends.
12-15-2016, 12:15 PM
(12-15-2016 02:46 AM)bandaboy Wrote:  Any deity can be your patron deity. Pick one, get a statue or framed picture, then go for yours. Some dont want anything to do with spiritual things.

Do not do this. Do a divination or journey to the astral plane (AP, Inner Journey, Shamanic Journey, Gate Walking, etc) and meet with spirits on their turf to find one. Divination is what I recommend though.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
12-15-2016, 12:16 PM
(12-15-2016 08:33 AM)Absinthe Wrote:  Look at your ancestors, their religious beliefs etc. Or look at your current religion's deities and start seeing who attracts you. If the religion has a gatekeeper spirit, go to them first.

Or do this.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
12-15-2016, 12:32 PM
@artis I don't agree with just being attracted to a specific power. I think it's partially predetermined, I think it's partially determined by temperament. I think revelation comes in a multitude of ways, but I hate (capitalized in totality) both the bullshit cultural appropriation and privilege used to justify working with spirits of other traditions without any license to do so. This is something that happens all too often. I think if the spirits of somehing are calling to you, they're not calling you to to set a seal of art and invoke them under extra cultural powers. I think they call you to purpose but it's up you to discern if you're going to accept them or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trying to find an electronic copy of a book. DoubtfulScholar 5 525 10-21-2017 05:29 PM
Last Post: DoubtfulScholar