Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find your own Patron Deity?
12-16-2016, 09:02 PM
@absinthe
We re ALL guilty of it. Full mea culpa on my part on that issue. But the fact is we re online trying to relate our experiences in a forum, it's hard to intentionally obfuscate about something like that. But the few who PM me and know know that stuff about me, I don't regret at allWink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2017, 01:49 PM
I practice Green Line Wicca and am attempting to learn Hoodoo Conjure. I am a 5th gen Energy Worker who's been open to spirits and auras since a toddler. My Altar is a bit of a mix but it reflects 3 decades of study and training. I training with a Buddhist Monk in Japanese warrior Buddhism from the Mikkyo line. Those classes were offered to any Black Belt and above in Bujinkan Ninpo. So to honour that I have a Buddha. For my Wiccan life I have Hecate and Apollo. The night and moon have long been my friend. Due to many health issues growing up I was a very sick child, I lived in hospitals more than at home some years. Apollo god of medicine, knowledge, music, sunlight all the things that heal and Archery a reason to be well. For Hoodoo Conjure I had asked for Ogun to aid my studies and guide my way, 3 days in a row I woke up chanting to Damballah Wedo Damballah Loa. I didnt know those chants yet had not read or heard then and I dont speak Benin or Yoruba. So I was guided by my spirit the companion Goddess to that beautiful Serpent is Mammon Bridgette.

I know I have Zeus' Party Bus I know others with 1 such as Greenman or no Dietys just Elemental instead. I shared my guides not to name drop of anything else I feel no ego about what I am doing just trying to assist.
01-11-2017, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 04:10 AM by JintheNinja.)
Whether you've trained in shingon or not, you only have a Bodhisattva if you received the empowerment. If you're just talking about an exoteric bodhisattva like hotei or guan yin, that's different. But again should not be on the same altar as your Wiccan things. And rootwork is NOT voodoo, you don't need any lwa to accomplish rootwork. and ogun is not really the lwa of learning. Tbh it just sounds like you're on those ex hippies who lives in Nanaimo and does a bit of everything. Again don't mix and match illogically it doesn't serve you or them.
01-13-2017, 05:35 AM
Ouch, first I tried to keep my post relaxed in my details as I wasn't focusing on any one Deity, God, Goddess, Guide, or other honoured one. No one hes a place higher in my heart than another as all are great in each own way. But my response was in the spirit understanding the mindset of why people have what they have in their Pantheons.
I do apologize for my poor wording I was rushing when I posted. I will correct the way I posted my Altar was not made by the people at Saturn Auto, there is more than one. I am well aware of the difference between Vodou and Rootwork but they do travel the same roadways nicely together. So when studying I read and often referenced across each others history. As for the reference to Ogun I know he is not a teaching Iwa but you may learn from studying your Iwa's stories and messages.
Please don't call me an ex- hippie first I don't like patchouli. Second I dont fingerpaint signs. Third I can't stand long hair and I bathe. Lol
01-13-2017, 09:58 AM
No problem, I just throw a jab being a fellow canuk and all.

The problem with mixing voodoo and rootwork, is that Haitian voodoo has its own sorcery and methodology and you're not going to be able to supplement it with rootwork. And for all you know, ogun could be opposed to your lwa met Tete. That's why we don't randomly invoke a lwa, there is an order, a hierarchy, a context. For most lay practioners, they're only working with their lwa met Tete, and unless a priest has discerened that for you, it's basically guess work. The other problem I see is that voodoo and rootwork have a distinctly Christian frame, and those frames aren't even identical to each other. They're quite disparate. If anything New Orleans voodoo is much closer to rootwork, but again the lwa are distinct and realized in specific ways. They're not pagan deities. And the Monotheistic component isn't optional.
01-13-2017, 03:52 PM
True about the New Orleans VS Haitian my first influence in Rootwork was Christos Kioni out of Florida and his Online and Radio shows. It inspired a lot of my study then I followed reading Cover to Cover all 5 of the Hyatt texts. The balance and fore thought I put into each move is well planned.
It's best to plan ahead and think out an Altar rather than offend those we mean to honour.
Nice to know theres another Igloo living Moose rider here.
01-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Since many here seem to have missed the second half of your question, I will answer it.

Not everyone has a patron deity, nor does everyone need one. I had five, at one point, then discovered it was not the right path for me. Now my Power is not bound to any Deity in any way, and it is right for me this way. I invoke no Gods when I perform magick, I channel my own power through my own valves, and I respectfully choose to be my own mage.

This path requires dedication to your own morals, and can be EXCEEDINGLY difficult to maintain. In this way, I am all that stands in the way of the evil I am capable of. The burden usually diverted to Deity rests squarely on me.

Love,
Anastasiya
01-23-2017, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2017 12:07 PM by JintheNinja.)
Actually Anastasiya, because you don't really know what you're talking about its really hard to understand why you think collective "we" missed the second part of the question.

You're kind of missing the entire point with your proclamations.

It's not about a patron "deity" because the concept has a neo pagan connotation, bastardized from the Roman concept- both polytheistic and Catholic.

It's about finding a permutation of the divine that works within and without a sorcerous conceit, and also one that reflects your spiritual frame as it were. So yes every person has patron spirits, but they're not all magical in nature.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trying to find an electronic copy of a book. DoubtfulScholar 5 369 10-21-2017 05:29 PM
Last Post: DoubtfulScholar