Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignorance and Understanding
04-18-2017, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 04:19 AM by Feywer96.)
Ignorance and Understanding
By Feywer Folevado - 17th April, 2017
Always at TotT, here.

Man can only know what is interpreted through his senses. Thus, at a certain point tools are utilized in order to bring into consciousness what is beyond our grasp of conscious tangibility. A microscope or binoculars may be used to allow us to gaze beyond our measure, and radios to bring into frequency wavelengths beyond our hearing. There are beyond our limited awareness of the universe things which we can only bring to and appear within our level of consciousness or understanding.

This is the same principle with “enlightenment” or “illumination” with the phrase “levels of consciousness”. They are levels of awareness and understanding, that unfold from the prior more ignorant level of conscious awareness. Verily to simply be aware of that which is beyond our range of conscious awareness - that which occupies the universe which is beyond our senses - is enough allow the super-natural other-ness to slowly permeate into our conscious awareness, and too become real. To have realization.

To limit oneself to the word of the senses has no detriment - but unto himself only who does. To be aware of one’s own ignorance is an illumination all in itself. To be aware of the ways in which one is ignorant allows them to open their own mind. Ignorance then is shed like the skin of a snake. Or like the bark of a tree.

“The urge to transcend self-consciousness.. is a principal appetite of the soul” (Huxley, The Doors of Perception 1974)

Reason, Intelligence, and Understanding are not ends for accumulation, only to being shackled by them with ignorance. But tools for exploration and consideration with the Soul and the inner nature of Man himself. Carrying him along his journey in the lessons he may learn in his life and beyond to the next.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2017, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 08:22 AM by Calicifer.)
I do not have much time this night, so forgive me if I'm not extensive.

The greatest issue of enlightement is wilfull ignorance. I tried again and again to show folly of the others, yet I'm ignored or ridiculed without really any substance. It is man itself who closes the door to understanding, because his own comfortability and ego is at stake. He cannot be proven wrong ever on his convictions and his perceptions. If I experienced, it must be true. If I chose, it must be true. We live in the world which is full of fights, contradictory information and theories, competing ideas and yet, no one in this world is ever wrong.

Without being true to the truth, you will forever wander in the darkness. It is simple principle, but surprisingly few humans uphold it and stay true to it.
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2017, 12:44 PM
I ascribe to the belief that nothing is true, even this statement.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Chaos Wizard
I <3 Edgy Fucking Wizards!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-23-2017, 06:22 PM
But how dutifully you ascribe to these ideas? Christianity is perfect on paper. Satanism is perfect on paper. Theory, claims means very little. It is not the words who matter, but your actions or in this case, how critical you can remain.

People here make these major mistakes:
1) Willful ignorance. They are proud of their ignorance. If pointed out that they are wrong, they deny it, refuse it to believe or do anything in order to acknowledge the fact that their building block on which they based something is factually incorrect or used improperly.
2) Shadows become more important than objects. Using their own experiences and assumptions to make judgements without realizing the limitation of said experiences. This is why occult is a complete mess.
3) Naivety. Spirits are know liars and yet, somewhow "enlightened" and "prophets" never realize that receiving knowledge from a spirit is almost meaningless since you cannot confirm it.
4) Lack of objectivity. Occult is an art. It is vague and you can even mess up ritual and still receive its full Power or even supercharge it. As long as basics are established, everything else is just flappery. This is why it is very difficult in establishing anything. Answers will vary from spirit to spirit. Individuals will get varying results with very loose correlation to methods used. At this point, occult researchers operate on low level and entire field is in its dark ages.
04-24-2017, 03:44 AM
(04-23-2017 12:44 PM)DoubtfulScholar Wrote:  I ascribe to the belief that nothing is true, even this statement.

haha. This!
04-26-2017, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 03:44 AM by Manifestus Hamartia.)
I agree with Calicifer here. The mundane is very much the mystical as long as we shed the skins of ignorance and pick up multiple different lenses of interpretation. (Or multiple perspectives)
04-28-2017, 06:34 AM
(04-18-2017 08:20 AM)Calicifer Wrote:  I do not have much time this night, so forgive me if I'm not extensive.

The greatest issue of enlightement is wilfull ignorance. I tried again and again to show folly of the others, yet I'm ignored or ridiculed without really any substance. It is man itself who closes the door to understanding, because his own comfortability and ego is at stake. He cannot be proven wrong ever on his convictions and his perceptions. If I experienced, it must be true. If I chose, it must be true. We live in the world which is full of fights, contradictory information and theories, competing ideas and yet, no one in this world is ever wrong.

Without being true to the truth, you will forever wander in the darkness. It is simple principle, but surprisingly few humans uphold it and stay true to it.

I have to agree with this observation. The calling card of human consciousness at this stage is, "don't confuse me with the facts, I know what I believe!"

Beliefs come in all shapes and sizes and belief in anything simply makes one's ego feel good about itself and its chosen belief. If you analyze any belief system it is predicated on the shadow illusion that it is true, regardless of any information that may prove the belief to be wholly fallacious and fanciful.

For its entire written history humanity has fawned on its knees to gods and goddesses, spirits and ghosts and messages from the 'supernatural' or aliens to shape their beliefs. Humans will believe in damn near anything but themselves. The constant demand for some outside source to fix all that ails humanity is the greatest dependency psychosis imaginable, and it is for this reason that human consciousness stays in a state of arrested development and why we can't advance as a species. The constant dependence on external forces beyond ourselves to solve our problems or to fulfill our wishful desires is what is holding this species back.

To stay locked in the 5-sense material illusion holding science as the alternative god to the mystical and magical is equally as stunted a belief as any other. Alleged 'supernatural' experiences only appear so to one who demands to function in this 5-sense reality, and anything that goes beyond that 5-sense perception is deemed outside our abilities or understanding.

When humanity as a whole can realize that it is their own consciousness that defines their 'normal' reality, and that is what's at fault in this equation, and stop bowing down as lesser beings to forces outside themselves for answers in the 'supernatural' world that surrounds us at every turn, then humanity may evolve into what it can become as a species. Until that time, the consensus 'reality' they live in, the perceptual world of agreed-upon 5-sense limitedness is all they will ever know.

I wrote about this in my book Willful Evolution (which is available on Amazon) for anyone interested in moving beyond mystical mysteries into understanding your own potential. The only thing that measures what is 'supernatural' is the 5-sense perception of reality that humanity agrees is 'natural' or 'normal'. When your cognitive measuring stick is too short, it will never reach far enough to see more than its length. The measuring stick is the 5-sense perceptual illusion that keeps humanity bound to its belief in the 5 material senses and nothing more. Everything else is 'supernatural' by that measure.