Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiry Regarding Kundalini
08-25-2014, 02:47 AM
I've been following the Kundalini meditation from the PDF "Path Notes of an American Ninja Master" by Glen Morris, and in it there is a section regarding production of hot/cold energy. The Kundalini meditation is supposed to heat up the body.

However, after a week of this meditation, the energy has become cold instead of hot, and I haven't changed the procedure.

Production of cold energy is generally regarded as something higher level adepts are capable of- I've been practicing for barely two years, and this is the first time I've done Kundalini.

So... what's going on with my energy?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Different people can experience Kundalini differently according to there nature. Just make sure your doing everything to make sure your energy body is open and circulating freely so the energy doesn't get stuck. Path Notes is one of my favorite books. Cheers. Smiling

04-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi Questions,

I had downloaded the same book to read but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for reminding me. So, while I don't know much about the book, I did have a kundalini awakening years and years ago. I have learned allot about the energy. You have both hot and cold energy in your spine. In traditional practices you have three nadis or channels, right (pingala), middle (sushumna), and left (ida). So there's lots of different ideas on what each represents and does, but most believe left is cold, right is hot and middle is a combo.

In my experience, it does fluctuate. I rarely get the cold and mostly the heat but every body has different blocks and non blockages. Could be that the ida is less blocked than the right. You could always do alternate nostral breathing to help balance the nadis. I teach yoga and that's what I would suggest.. and watch your emotional/mental output, since it is also a good barometer of what your energy is doing.

Kundalini can be a wild ride so take things slow and easy. Don't push or take charge too much. Let it guide you. Hope this helps!
04-21-2017, 11:15 PM
um...never mind. After reading up to chapter four of the book, I find he gives plenty of warning. He calls the ida and pingala nadis, yin and yang, which makes perfect sense as cold and hot. It's interesting to find that many of the symptoms over the years I thought were from something else, were actually from the Kundalini activation. I wish I'd known about this book back when it first happened. I remember searching like crazy for answers about what was destroying my life and body. Luckily it didn't because I found meditation and yoga. Interesting that when it activated, I was taking Karate. I'll just say take his warnings seriously and know your weaknesses because they'll get blown like fuses. Very good book.
04-22-2017, 04:00 AM
This is a youtube channel of Tao Semko, one of Dr. Morris's student and also a KAP instructor. Lots of useful stuff both in the videos and the articles on the KAP site.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqXHUN...nxAF5gPF2Q

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kundalini and Sex Drive Seekeroftruth123 15 2,255 04-13-2017 10:11 AM
Last Post: OldSaint
  Book recommendations for Kundalini yoga Seekeroftruth123 14 2,016 05-14-2016 03:36 AM
Last Post: Antony52
  kundalini ? Q87 3 878 10-15-2015 11:26 PM
Last Post: Antony52
  Kundalini Yoga - The Yoga of Awareness Svarog 13 3,214 07-17-2014 08:55 AM
Last Post: darangal
  Kundalini thread! Tell your experience. Renegade 4 1,045 10-11-2013 06:56 PM
Last Post: Somekindawizard