Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is "magical backlash" real?
12-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Some people say it's real, some don't. I tried some binding spells against enemys with sigils etc. and it worked surprisingly well. But I'm worried about "backlash" and "karma". Do I need to worry at all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 12:05 AM
(12-04-2016 11:48 PM)Zeroclaw Wrote:  Some people say it's real, some don't. I tried some binding spells against enemys with sigils etc. and it worked surprisingly well. But I'm worried about "backlash" and "karma". Do I need to worry at all?
If the cause was honest, you do not need to worry, since you have no worked with dark deities...if you worked with dark deities, well...the point stays complicated...

And, what´s more, EVERYBODY do this kind of work...

By honor to G.A.D.U..!!
12-05-2016, 12:11 AM
It depends, i fucked myself good once working with a very popular book untrained.

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2016, 12:18 AM
I worked with angelic sigils and the reason for the binding spell was kinda honest. It saved my day and did not hurt anyone, thats for sure.
12-05-2016, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 12:59 AM by sikander.)
There is a reason why most ceremonial magick rituals also end with an LBRP. It detaches the caster from the spirit sent to manifest the caster's intent, be it to do good or evil.

Do what thou wilt
12-05-2016, 03:25 AM
Yes and no. I don't believe in an inevitable "backlash" but the energy released in ritual has to go somewhere. A magical ritual should function as a well-structured energetic vessel or channel designed to flow directly into the situation the magician wants to influence. If the vessel is flawed or poorly formed, the energy can leak out in any number of directions and cause adverse conditions for the magician. I've also seen backlash arise when people enlist spirits into their work and forget to pay them, or when they do targeted magic (like curses or love spells) and the victim is too resistant and the magician not properly protected. In that case the spirits, depending on their nature, may attack the magician instead.

I think these situations are responsible for many reports of "backlash", and should serve as a lesson to be impeccable with one's spellcasting and work primarily with trusted spirits. Magic, like water, follows paths of least resistance to achieve its outcomes and it's your responsibility to design those paths properly.
12-05-2016, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 04:02 AM by Shadow.)
Fuck what anyone else says, there's 3 ways you get backlash. You do the spell wrong, you feel bad about it or paranoid tat you failed which leads to accidentally having the magic fall back onto you through your own subconscious, or you fuck with the wrong person that's able to send it back. There's your no bullshit (aka moral nonsense) answer.

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2016, 04:10 AM
(12-05-2016 03:25 AM)Shaula Wrote:  Yes and no. I don't believe in an inevitable "backlash" but the energy released in ritual has to go somewhere. A magical ritual should function as a well-structured energetic vessel or channel designed to flow directly into the situation the magician wants to influence. If the vessel is flawed or poorly formed, the energy can leak out in any number of directions and cause adverse conditions for the magician. I've also seen backlash arise when people enlist spirits into their work and forget to pay them, or when they do targeted magic (like curses or love spells) and the victim is too resistant and the magician not properly protected. In that case the spirits, depending on their nature, may attack the magician instead.

I think these situations are responsible for many reports of "backlash", and should serve as a lesson to be impeccable with one's spellcasting and work primarily with trusted spirits. Magic, like water, follows paths of least resistance to achieve its outcomes and it's your responsibility to design those paths properly.

I agree. Spirits attacking magician? Not many tend to admit it.
12-05-2016, 04:11 AM
Yep, it can happen.
12-05-2016, 04:13 AM
(12-05-2016 04:01 AM)Shadow Wrote:  Fuck what anyone else says, there's 3 ways you get backlash. You do the spell wrong, you feel bad about it or paranoid tat you failed which leads to accidentally having the magic fall back onto you through your own subconscious, or you fuck with the wrong person that's able to send it back. There's your no bullshit (aka moral nonsense) answer.

feeling bad about it, doesn't accidentally bring the fall back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Will the real magicians please stand up! The Artis Magistra 77 1,028 Today 01:27 PM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  Summoning or conjuring fictional magical tools. Greendragonwolfkin 26 458 01-16-2017 02:58 PM
Last Post: Greendragonwolfkin
  Question: What do you use for consecration and cleanse of magical equipments caba0014 4 94 01-03-2017 08:28 PM
Last Post: josh joe
  The Greatest Magical Teachers Vitki 16 427 12-28-2016 08:37 AM
Last Post: juledianwindrider
  Is magick real? Paul Pogba 13 372 12-18-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: Antony52