Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is "magical backlash" real?
12-07-2016, 04:47 PM
(12-07-2016 09:12 AM)Shadow Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:13 AM)HillSage Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:01 AM)Shadow Wrote:  Fuck what anyone else says, there's 3 ways you get backlash. You do the spell wrong, you feel bad about it or paranoid tat you failed which leads to accidentally having the magic fall back onto you through your own subconscious, or you fuck with the wrong person that's able to send it back. There's your no bullshit (aka moral nonsense) answer.

feeling bad about it, doesn't accidentally bring the fall back.

Are you sure about that? If that's what you think then you don't understand certain fundamentals of how magic works.

My understanding is, If you did a spell wrong the energy will hang around and you will face the blow back. Magic doesn't do accidents, If you did right no blowback unless the target has strong protection and reflective techniques.
Thats all for now.

" A man cannot serve two masters. "
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2016, 11:14 AM
What if the backlash happens before you do the spell in the first place?! Like for example "being Zeroclaw" being the first piece of bad news (that is just an example), and then the rest follows? Too unconventional? Can't handle it? Ok. Sorry!
12-08-2016, 11:18 AM
(12-07-2016 04:47 PM)HillSage Wrote:  My understanding is, If you did a spell wrong the energy will hang around and you will face the blow back. Magic doesn't do accidents, If you did right no blowback unless the target has strong protection and reflective techniques.
Thats all for now.

You should probably bother reading other replies here.... or like, read the original post you're even replying to. /facepalm

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2016, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 11:30 AM by The Artis Magistra.)
I once accidentally ejaculated into my own mouth on my birthday or someones birthday, I don't know. It was an accident.

(12-08-2016 11:18 AM)Shadow Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 04:47 PM)HillSage Wrote:  My understanding is, If you did a spell wrong the energy will hang around and you will face the blow back. Magic doesn't do accidents, If you did right no blowback unless the target has strong protection and reflective techniques.
Thats all for now.

You should probably bother reading other replies here.... or like, read the original post you're even replying to. /facepalm

Maybe they took the "Fuck what anyone else says" piece of advice to heart too fast. I also took that piece of advice, I really agree with that as the most important magical statement made in this thread.
12-09-2016, 03:01 AM
(12-08-2016 11:14 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  What if the backlash happens before you do the spell in the first place?! Like for example "being Zeroclaw" being the first piece of bad news (that is just an example), and then the rest follows? Too unconventional? Can't handle it? Ok. Sorry!

How can any backlash happen before the move that could trigger the backlash is being performed? I havent had any backlash at all and my goal is accomplished, so I think that backlash only happens when you regret and feel fear etc. like I did in the beginning.
12-09-2016, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 03:36 AM by The Artis Magistra.)
(12-09-2016 03:01 AM)Zeroclaw Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 11:14 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  What if the backlash happens before you do the spell in the first place?! Like for example "being Zeroclaw" being the first piece of bad news (that is just an example), and then the rest follows? Too unconventional? Can't handle it? Ok. Sorry!

How can any backlash happen before the move that could trigger the backlash is being performed? I havent had any backlash at all and my goal is accomplished, so I think that backlash only happens when you regret and feel fear etc. like I did in the beginning.

Why were you afraid and of what were you afraid? Yeah, don't worry about what I said too much, it is only important for greedy people.

Also to clarify, "Greedy" was meant in a positive way.
12-09-2016, 04:06 AM
(12-09-2016 03:32 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 03:01 AM)Zeroclaw Wrote:  

Why were you afraid and of what were you afraid? Yeah, don't worry about what I said too much, it is only important for greedy people.

Also to clarify, "Greedy" was meant in a positive way.

If you try something out you don't really understand, aren't you a bit excited and a bit "afraid", too? I was afraid of backlash (psychological or "magical")
Now I'm not Smiling
12-09-2016, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 04:36 AM by SteampunkScientist.)
Consider the computer disk...

Back in the day, you had to "mount" the disk (ha ha, I can hear the sexual references already).

Then you performed operations to "send" files and information to it, or get information and files from it.

Then, you "un-mounted" it when you were done.

Not un-mounting the disk could get you in trouble, such as deleting everything on it, overwriting, etc. Back then the systems were much less forgiving than today.

Think of your magick spells/rituals in this fashion. You open the ritual. You perform the work. You close the ritual. Proper closing protects you AND the work you did. (and opening it properly makes sure you are directing your energies to the proper places).

This pattern applies to so many things in life - for example, proper use of a firearm. Making a cake. Whatever.

Blow back onto your person happens when you do this wrong, out of order, or not at all (just like not checking to see if your barrel is clear in a firearm may give you "blow-back"... or more likely blow up.)

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
12-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Backlash like any other forms of magic can have results and preparations starting before the actual ritual itself since time isn't as "solid" on the astral, and yeah fear,guilt and regret are the main causes of backlash.
12-09-2016, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 11:48 AM by aries.)
Go surf .

It really opens the eye. Go ask the kahuna man. Then you find out you have no control. You are it its mercy. The water either gives you back or it does not.

Lots practice yoga too. They tend to be much more disciplined than most people who do yoga.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spells and magical idea's to uncross money curses and blockages obeahman101 10 467 09-29-2017 01:04 PM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  Magical life hacks Wylandriah91 13 604 09-21-2017 12:59 AM
Last Post: Wylandriah91
  Spells and magical idea's to uncross money curses and blockages obeahman101 0 256 09-06-2017 07:07 AM
Last Post: obeahman101
  Your funniest magical coincidences/synchronicities Calicifer 9 319 09-02-2017 03:10 PM
Last Post: Zhor
  Do you think a magical college would work? Wylandriah91 12 416 08-16-2017 08:41 PM
Last Post: Wylandriah91