Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jinn evocation
01-13-2018, 02:23 AM
(01-13-2018 02:14 AM)Deodat Lawson Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 01:02 AM)Hoodoo witch Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 10:31 PM)Deodat Lawson Wrote:  Jinn is simply 'spiris'' in Arabic. Afair, Jinn is a group of spirits. Jinni is singular. Jinniya is a female spirit.

There are celestial Jinns (Upper Jinns) and terrestrial Jinns (Lower Jinns). Some Jinns live in water, some in caves, some in fire. (In western tradition, you'd call them elementals.)

Jinn are not simply spirits, spirits have another name in arabic, jinn are a type of entity that was created from fire, demons Most of the time are mistaken for being jins since the story of the Fallen angels is not in the Quran Islam teaches that angels have no free will and could never disobey the God of the Quran
lucifer is considered jinn as well since the Quran says that lucifer is a Jin created from fire.

I agree with the second part.

Nope, 'Jinn' simply means a group of spirits. The Quran says a lot of things, Jinns made from smokeless fire and man from mud. It's not meant to be taken literally.

I never said it was meant to be taken literally I don't believe a word written in that book.... all i'am saying is that people who do this type of magic believe it because it's written in the quran.
And again jinn in arabic does not mean spirits. It refers to a specific type of entities. The general meaning of spirits does not translate to jinn in arabic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2018, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 03:13 AM by Deodat Lawson.)
(01-13-2018 02:23 AM)Hoodoo witch Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 01:02 AM)Hoodoo witch Wrote:  Jinn are not simply spirits, spirits have another name in arabic, jinn are a type of entity that was created from fire, demons Most of the time are mistaken for being jins since the story of the Fallen angels is not in the Quran Islam teaches that angels have no free will and could never disobey the God of the Quran
lucifer is considered jinn as well since the Quran says that lucifer is a Jin created from fire.

Nope, 'Jinn' simply means a group of spirits. The Quran says a lot of things, Jinns made from smokeless fire and man from mud. It's not meant to be taken literally.

I never said it was meant to be taken literally I don't believe a word written in that book.... all i'am saying is that people who do this type of magic believe it because it's written in the quran.
And again jinn in arabic does not mean spirits. It refers to a specific type of entities. The general meaning of spirits does not translate to jinn in arabic

Damn, too fast for my Ninja edits. Yea I get what you're saying. Let me also add for all the readers out there that you don't have buy into Judeo-Christian mythos to summon the spirits found in Christian Grimoires. Same case for Arabic magic. You don't have to accept Allah as the creator, believe in Quran or anything to summon Jinns.

Hoodoo Witch, what is the exactly the Arabic for spirits if not Jinn? My knowledge comes from Shadrach Nineveh and my family who are all Muslims.

Here's a bit more

Quote: M: Please tell us about the Djinns - how are they different (or alike) from the Spirits listed in the various Medieval & Renaissance books of magic?

NS: In my humble opinion, it isn't the beings that are different as much as the mental conception of the magicians and the use of different methods that seem to lead to different experiences.

The names of Spirits in those grimoires are at times corruptions of Arabic names of jinni. Let's take the Jinn King Maymon and add the letter A in front of his name and you get Amaymon from the Goetia.

Jinn are a race of beings that exists all over the world and each culture catalogued them in their own way. The reason people today would consider them different is because their encounters with them using modern methods has shown that they are dealing with intangible forces that can't physically affect them. Someone doing an evocation to a spirit from the Lesser Key using a modern Western formula wouldn't dream of asking that spirit to physically lift a dish and bring it to him.

Arab magicians would, because their methods lead them to results that compel them to believe it is possible. A magician from Najaf, Iraq, was working with a number of jinni. Because they weren't always visible, he had put different dishes on the table. Each dish had the name of one of them. He would call each one and ask it to lift its dish as proof. Sure enough, the dish would levitate and, when all the dishes were up in the air, he would continue.

Taken from Molochsorcery.com
01-13-2018, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 03:36 AM by Hoodoo witch.)
(01-13-2018 03:08 AM)Deodat Lawson Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 02:23 AM)Hoodoo witch Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 02:14 AM)Deodat Lawson Wrote:  Nope, 'Jinn' simply means a group of spirits. The Quran says a lot of things, Jinns made from smokeless fire and man from mud. It's not meant to be taken literally.

Damn, too fast for my Ninja edits. Yea I get what you're saying. Let me also add for all the readers out there that you don't have buy into Judeo-Christian mythos to summon the spirits found in Christian Grimoires. Same case for Arabic magic. You don't have to accept Allah as the creator, believe in Quran or anything to summon Jinns.

Yes I think you just need to be comfortable in what you do

Hoodoo Witch, what is the exactly the Arabic for spirits if not Jinn? My knowledge comes from Shadrach Nineveh and my family who are all Muslims.

The arabic name for spirits is arwah

(01-13-2018 01:02 AM)Hoodoo witch Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 10:31 PM)Deodat Lawson Wrote:  Jinn is simply 'spiris'' in Arabic. Afair, Jinn is a group of spirits. Jinni is singular. Jinniya is a female spirit.

There are celestial Jinns (Upper Jinns) and terrestrial Jinns (Lower Jinns). Some Jinns live in water, some in caves, some in fire. (In western tradition, you'd call them elementals.)

Jinn are not simply spirits, spirits have another name in arabic, jinn are a type of entity that was created from fire, demons Most of the time are mistaken for being jins since the story of the Fallen angels is not in the Quran Islam teaches that angels have no free will and could never disobey the God of the Quran

According to Shadrach Nineveh, 'Jinn' simply means a group of spirits. What is the Arabic for spirits then? The Quran says a lot of things, Jinns made from smokeless fire and man from mud. It's not meant to be taken literally. Where does the Quran talk about Lucifer? Are you saying Iblish=Lucifer?
Wait I did not see that last question, yes this is exactly what I'm saying everyone knows lol
01-13-2018, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 03:53 AM by Deodat Lawson.)
I wouldn't be so quick to declare Lucifer as Iblish.

I've never heard anyone refer to Non-physical entities as Arwah. The few people I know who actually work with Jinns (Some IRL) would disagree with you on Jinns being a separate class of spirits. They would tell you this is a common westerners misconception. The quote I posted earlier from Moloch's blog explains this the best - it's not that the beings are different as much as the mental conception different people are accustomed to according to their respective cultures.

I'll end it here. Peace.
01-13-2018, 04:36 AM
(01-13-2018 03:50 AM)Deodat Lawson Wrote:  I wouldn't be so quick to declare Lucifer as Iblish.

I've never heard anyone refer to Non-physical entities as Arwah. The few people I know who actually work with Jinns (Some IRL) would disagree with you on Jinns being a separate class of spirits. They would tell you this is a common westerners misconception. The quote I posted earlier from Moloch's blog explains this the best - it's not that the beings are different as much as the mental conception different people are accustomed to according to their respective cultures.

I'll end it here. Peace.

Lol are you telling me I can't speak my own language?! Lol
What does arwah means to you then? Please enlighten me cause obviously I don't understand my own language.
Where did I say they are a seperate class of spirits?! I'm not even sure I know what that means!
And I'm not from the west so don't talk to me about western misconceptions!
01-13-2018, 05:40 AM
Could it be that the difference between "arwah" and "jinn" is a bit like the difference between "spirit" and "demon"? I mean spirit is almost like an atheist word for all kind of stuff and not necessarily a bad thing, while a demon is commonly defined as an "evil" spirit from hell that one must be very careful about. So basically one just has a very broad sense, while the other describes a rather specific kind of entity? Like "spirit you work with in magic" or something like that?

Thank you for any post. I feel like I learn a lot from just lurking!
01-13-2018, 06:07 AM
(01-13-2018 05:40 AM)Weirdo Wrote:  Could it be that the difference between "arwah" and "jinn" is a bit like the difference between "spirit" and "demon"? I mean spirit is almost like an atheist word for all kind of stuff and not necessarily a bad thing, while a demon is commonly defined as an "evil" spirit from hell that one must be very careful about. So basically one just has a very broad sense, while the other describes a rather specific kind of entity? Like "spirit you work with in magic" or something like that?

EXACTLY! This what I've been trying to say spirit translates to arwah when speaking very broadly doesn't matter what type of spirit it is.
On the other hand when people say jinn where I come from they refer to specific type of entity or spirit whatever they are usually refering to the spirit created from fire which the quran talks about.
He said that Jin literally translates to spirit in arabic and that is not true.
Since he is basically saying for example if someone dies and becomes a spirit then people would refer to him in arabic as Jin?! That is not correct. I was NOT trying to insult him I was only correcting the language....
01-13-2018, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 07:47 PM by Deodat Lawson.)
(01-13-2018 05:40 AM)Weirdo Wrote:  Could it be that the difference between "arwah" and "jinn" is a bit like the difference between "spirit" and "demon"? I mean spirit is almost like an atheist word for all kind of stuff and not necessarily a bad thing, while a demon is commonly defined as an "evil" spirit from hell that one must be very careful about. So basically one just has a very broad sense, while the other describes a rather specific kind of entity? Like "spirit you work with in magic" or something like that?

In Arabic literature, there are two types of entities - Jinn and Angels. Muslim magicians would tell you that western conception of Elementals, demons, deities, spirits who reside in the underworld, celestial spirits, they are all Jinns. There are both good Jinn and bad Jinn. The celestial ones are spiritual in nature than the terrestrial ones. When Muslim magicians talk about non-physical entities, they refer to them as Jinn. Now, what are the spirits of the dead referred to in Arab literature? I'm not sure. They could be referred as Arwah. I'll ask later when I get the opportunity. A google search on Arwah gets you this:

Quote:In Islam and Sufism, rūḥ (Arabic: روح‎; plural arwah) is a person's immortal, essential self—the spirit or soul.[1][2] Among the al-Laṭaʾif as-sitta (Arabic: اللطائف الستة‎) it is the third purity.

God is believed to endow humans with rūḥ (an immortal self or soul) and a nafs (نَفْس, psyche). The rūḥ "drives" the nafs, which comprises temporal desires and sensory perceptions.[1] The nafs can assume control of the body if the rūḥ surrenders to bodily urges.[1] The nafs is subject to bodily desire, whereas the rūḥ is a person's immaterial essence, beyond the emotions and instincts shared by humans and other animals; rūḥ makes the body alive.[3]

Rūḥ may also refer to a ghost, a spirit that roams the earth.
01-13-2018, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 09:28 PM by Hoodoo witch.)
Seriously which part of "this is my NATIVE LANGUAGE" don't you understand? You on the other hand had to use Google to understand the meaning of a word I gave you.
When arabic speaking Christians refer to lucifer they refer to him as iblis, and/or demon or the devil (shaytan) and when they are speaking of lucifer and his group of fallen angels they would refer to them as "arwah sherira" arwah meaning spirits, sherira meaning evil "evil spirits"

I can't believe we are debating over something so silly
01-13-2018, 10:51 PM
Small update

I asked a Jinn magician regarding the spirits of the dead thing. They are simply referred to as ghosts or Ashbah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An Old Tale Regarding Jinn jgandoe 3 128 01-13-2018 09:28 AM
Last Post: jgandoe
  Why do people advise beginners to not start evocation with the demons of Goetia? artkeli 45 2,261 11-07-2017 12:53 AM
Last Post: Homicide
  Spirit evocation to full physical form - for a time Evoker 12 632 08-18-2017 05:38 AM
Last Post: Sammy
  Best Angelic evocation book Rizla 11 483 08-12-2017 08:03 AM
Last Post: Sammy
  Evocation with Weed peterbobby70 18 665 08-01-2017 03:02 AM
Last Post: travsha