Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LHP vs RHP are they both "bad" or "faulty" paths?
04-21-2016, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 06:32 AM by Leviosanimus.)
I have been pondering this for quite awhile. There seems to be many people that gravitate towards either RHP or the LHP and whichever they feel more comfortable they tend to become completely embroiled in either paths ideology. To the point where they feel emotionally and mentally attached, They become invested in the path to the point where they feel they have to defend it at all costs.

This is something I cannot understand if one considers themselves a 'Magician'. As one thing a Magician should never do is allow themselves to become polarized. Is it not one of many goals of the Magician one being to De-Polarize oneself?

From what I understand the idea would be; Instead of being magnetized to one particular point of view, One can overstand many points of view and see the actual reality of the situation. Instead of just one narrow viewpoint.

Would it be a better idea for a Magician who wishes to tap into their "inner genius" or unleash their untapped potential to become what would be called "more than human". People like Hitler, Napoleon, Jesus Christ. Ghandi, Great leaders, Movers and shakers who really made a huge upliftment or great change in their time and age.

People who were clearly able to tap into their own abilities and use them to harness great power. I would even say Aleistser Crowley is on a level akin to this. Nowhere near what Jesus Christ Managed to do. But the point is. These men were able to unleash something or tap into something that allowed them to do things that the majority of people cannot or will not do.

The people I mentioned in my opinion are exaples of those people who have tapped into this "More than human" Ability that lays dormant in every one of us.

I believe that the Western Esoteric Tradition Aka the Mystery Schools. Have been trying to teach Those Seekers of Each age who wanted to unlock their full potential and become more than human.

The point I am getting to is. The fact that the RHP and LHP seem to literally be polarizing paths. Why would a magician want to follow either one of those paths alone. Why would those who are trying to complete their great work want to follow Either Left or Right.

Is the Middle Path the best way for those who are seeking this goal or does it really matter at all which path you follow? Do they really all lead to the exact same thing in the end?

I just want to see what other people think about this. Is what I am saying making any sense lol.
Just comment on what you think about what I have talked about in this post.

I am not saying I am right or wrong and I am not saying anyone else is. I just would like to see what others think about this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2016, 06:43 AM
You have clearly articulated many of my thoughts on this subject.

The Tree has 3 pillar to climb the right or the left you can easily topple and will never reach the top. Its impossible to climb the middle alone because you will not have enough footing to climb. The only way is to climb limb by limb grasping firmly onto each side of the Tree until you reach the top.

(Click to find my site and blog!)
[Image: o98qQ18.jpg]

I serve God with my right hand and the Devil with my left.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2016, 08:48 AM
(04-21-2016 06:43 AM)Fouchèt Nan Pwen Wrote:  You have clearly articulated many of my thoughts on this subject.

The Tree has 3 pillar to climb the right or the left you can easily topple and will never reach the top. Its impossible to climb the middle alone because you will not have enough footing to climb. The only way is to climb limb by limb grasping firmly onto each side of the Tree until you reach the top.

*gasp* Tounge Great comparison! So true...
04-21-2016, 08:52 AM
For me its been such a slow hard lesson to learn. Try to do it yourself running up the middle and its like punishing yourself as you either smack face first into the tree or slip and slam down on your back. I wonder how many times I'll fall though?
04-21-2016, 09:05 AM
(04-21-2016 06:43 AM)Fouchèt Nan Pwen Wrote:  You have clearly articulated many of my thoughts on this subject.

Quote:The Tree has 3 pillar to climb the right or the left you can easily topple and will never reach the top. Its impossible to climb the middle alone because you will not have enough footing to climb.

Always a good reminder Wink

Quote:The only way is to climb limb by limb grasping firmly onto each side of the Tree until you reach the top.

That's a great way to put it~
04-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Hence I always say: You are the magician and it is your Will that should be done. Whether that Will falls into the "left" or the "right". There must be balance though. There is no darkness without the light, there is no up without down. Be balanced.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
04-21-2016, 10:24 AM
There is only one path and it's yours.

I'm an Atheist. Get over it.
04-21-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 08:04 PM by Ryen.)
I see it like the tree has 3 pillars, but in order to climb or decend you need to move one hand at a time, right and left, right and left. Your body and consciousness needs to remain in the center in order to be balanced enough to move in the first place, or else you slip and fall.

If not, you can end up hanging on a cliff with one hand, hoping the other is strong enough to lift yourself up.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
04-21-2016, 04:00 PM
^ that's a good explanation
04-22-2016, 02:44 AM
I think people choose LHP or RHP because they want to avoid a part of life that seems unpleasant or difficult for them, or because they think focusing on one side will be a shortcut.....

But you got two hands for a reason. Everyone is both spirit and matter, and has both light and dark.... Like others said before - you can get further "up the tree" using all parts of your being and acknowledging all parts of reality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paths woodoo003 15 2,278 02-23-2015 05:33 PM
Last Post: woodoo003
  What your opinion on Right and Left Hand Paths? Zero 4 790 09-09-2013 09:19 PM
Last Post: The God-King